PDA

View Full Version : Michael Turner?

BlueBrewer
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
I have been reading and hearing on sirius several times that TT may be exploring a trade for Michael Turner. Sources are not great (arrigo etc...) How do you feel about this. I think that a second for him would be a fair trade. This will probably never happen because it makes too much sense but what do you think???????????? :idea:

pittstang5
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Having Turner would be great for the Packers. I think he's just as good, if not better than any of the running backs in this year's draft.

The problem - San Diego is going to want alot for him and it's not TT's style to give up first day draft picks, let alone any draft picks to get someone. I don't see it happening.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I could be wrong but isn't Turner more of a power running. Would he fit the ZBS? I do know he's fast and that definitely fits the ZBS. :)

the_idle_threat
03-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't know that TT has been around long enough for us to really know his "style," i.e. whether he would give up a draft pick for a guy if he really thought the guy was better than what he could gain from that pick in the draft. I think he would be rational enough to do it. The question is, does TT think Turner is as good as the hype?

There is some pressure on San Diego to get something for Turner while his stock is so high so that he doesn't just walk next year in free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a low first-day pick during the draft.

woodbuck27
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Depended on the cost, ie draft picks. Ted Thompson certainly controls that.

I believe that having M.Turner as OUR RB makes alot of sense.

Right now between him and Moss I'd prefer Michael Turner. We must have a decent running game.

Pacopete4
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll take Moss, Tuner, Greg Olsen and Leroy Butler and we will probably win the superbowl

wist43
03-22-2007, 02:17 PM
TT would sooner cut his whatsit off than trade a draft pick for a player...

Peyton Manning for a 7th rounder??? Indy can beg all they want, TT ain't givin up that draft pick!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pacopete4
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
i wouldnt want peyton anyways.. im on the ingle martin bandwagon

packrulz
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I think Turner would be a steal for a 2nd but he's a restricted FA and I'm pretty sure the Chargers would get a 1st and a 3rd round pick in compensation if a team claimed him. I could see Lynch slipping to 16th though if the Bills don't take him.

wist43
03-22-2007, 04:35 PM
The only way the Chargers would get a 1st and 3rd is if someone signed him to an offer sheet... that's not going to happen.

They can still trade him for whatever they want.

TT "likes 'his' guys"... seriously doubt he has any interest in Turner.

BlueBrewer
03-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I think Turner would be a steal for a 2nd but he's a restricted FA and I'm pretty sure the Chargers would get a 1st and a 3rd round pick in compensation if a team claimed him. I could see Lynch slipping to 16th though if the Bills don't take him.

Not if you trade for him. The 1st and 3rd are only if you sign him to an offer sheet. He is a UFA next year and then they wouldn't get anything for him. So they may want to get what they can while they can.

wist43
03-22-2007, 04:42 PM
PacoPete... I'm ashamed to admit that I'm a Superior native, but had the good sense to run for my life as soon as I was old enough... what's up with the deer humper???

Most everyone up there is a left-wing communist nut job - and I really don't expect much from "the good folks of Superior"... but, humpin a dead deer carcass???

Good lord!!!! :oops:

woodbuck27
03-23-2007, 08:55 AM
The only way the Chargers would get a 1st and 3rd is if someone signed him to an offer sheet... that's not going to happen.

DAM ! Forgot that again.

Yup. TT likes 'his guys' and we must learn to enjoy 'watching paint dry'.

By the way wist43.

Your not sceptical.That handle paints you wrong IMO.

You see alot and tell it as it is.

wist43
03-23-2007, 09:34 AM

DAM ! Forgot that again.

By the way wist43.

I think Mad or Parial tagged me with the "skepical rat" thing...

BTW, appealing to my vanity will get you everywhere - where ever that is... LOL. :) :)

woodbuck27
03-23-2007, 10:23 AM

DAM ! Forgot that again.

By the way wist43.

I think Mad or Parial tagged me with the "skepical rat" thing...

BTW, appealing to my vanity will get you everywhere - where ever that is... LOL. :) :)

I have my doubts that it was Mad.

Another prominant poster here, tried to place that 'skeptical rat ' handle on me as well.

I objected, then hissed and bared my teeth. :)

wist43
03-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I didn't know a moose could "hiss"... let alone bear his teeth, lol.

I did see a show here not too long ago where a guy shot one, and really did nothing more than piss the moose off. They're huge, seven feet at the withers... wouldn't want to face one that was in a bad mood.

Another innocent creature that is nothing short of vicious is a hippo... they account for more deaths in africa than any other animal. Piss a male Hippo off and you had better run for your life... they will occassionally even run crocs off of their kills and eat it themselves. Although they're primarily herbivores, they do eat meat.

Herein ends the "Call to Nature" portion of our show... :jig:

woodbuck27
03-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I didn't know a moose could "hiss"... let alone bear his teeth, lol.

I did see a show here not too long ago where a guy shot one, and really did nothing more than piss the moose off. They're huge, seven feet at the withers... wouldn't want to face one that was in a bad mood.

Another innocent creature that is nothing short of vicious is a hippo... they account for more deaths in africa than any other animal. Piss a male Hippo off and you had better run for your life... they will occassionally even run crocs off of their kills and eat it themselves. Although they're primarily herbivores, they do eat meat.

Herein ends the "Call to Nature" portion of our show... :jig:

We might as well chat on nature as their isn't a whole lot natural going on in Green Bay.

How about a Rhino. You dont walk up on those darlin's for a pet.

The biggest problem with Moose is that they don't appear as alert as deer. They weigh so much more and are so tall with those long legs, that if hit by a car there often is very serious damage and sometimes death.

One should fear driving at night, in heavily moose populated areas like N. Ontario and Newfoundland.