PDA

View Full Version : Packerchatters being run by Packers insiders

b bulldog
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Now they have like four or five guys claiming to have inside info on the Packers and the funny thing is, they contradict each other.

GBRulz
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Now they have like four or five guys claiming to have inside info on the Packers and the funny thing is, they contradict each other.

Isn't that where the 1pm press conference rumor about Moss started?

Merlin
03-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Although I liked some of the people @ PC, you can only go so far with the "I have inside information" crap. The only inside information is the speculation formed from people like us!!

TEE HEE

CaliforniaCheez
03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
We all qualify as Insiders over there and can look down our noses at the humble people.

What is funny is nobody calls them on it. I've never heard anyone of the self proclaimed say the B.S. line "It was discussed but Ted overruled the recommendation." "It was close but decided the price was too high."
They don't offer any excuse because no one ever calls them on the stupid stuff they say.

Look, Thompson has not changed the scouting department to bring in his guys. These are the same people providing the information to Sherman.

There is one decision maker with the only vote that counts.

I would bet Ted doesn't tell his wife much of what happens in the office.

red
03-22-2007, 06:43 PM
We all qualify as Insiders over there and can look down our noses at the humble people.

What is funny is nobody calls them on it. I've never heard anyone of the self proclaimed say the B.S. line "It was discussed but Ted overruled the recommendation." "It was close but decided the price was too high."
They don't offer any excuse because no one ever calls them on the stupid stuff they say.

Look, Thompson has not changed the scouting department to bring in his guys. These are the same people providing the information to Sherman.

There is one decision maker with the only vote that counts.

there were a few of us who would call out the rumor mongers

but 90% of the forum would throw a shit fit whenever one of the insider gods was questioned

HarveyWallbangers
03-22-2007, 07:05 PM

Ted isn't married. Never has been. Speculation is that he's gay.
:D

He's married to football.

F4VRE
03-22-2007, 07:06 PM
but 90% of the forum would throw a shit fit whenever one of the insider gods was questioned

I disagree. I think it was in the manor of how the "insider gods" were disrespectfully called out that people had a problem with. This time of year alot of the leaks turn out to be smokescreens, it doesnt mean that these people dont have legit connections, or a know person thats actually on the inside. Its all part of a game. There have been times when the "insider gods" have been spot on. The people at Packerchatters aren't puppets. The moderators at PC try to keep it respectful. I like that.

MJZiggy
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, F4VRE, interesting viewpoint.

red
03-22-2007, 07:38 PM

I disagree. I think it was in the manor of how the "insider gods" were disrespectfully called out that people had a problem with. This time of year alot of the leaks turn out to be smokescreens, it doesnt mean that these people dont have legit connections, or a know person thats actually on the inside. Its all part of a game. There have been times when the "insider gods" have been spot on. The people at Packerchatters aren't puppets. The moderators at PC try to keep it respectful. I like that.

the mods at PC were great, and probably still are

but they knew the crap was getting way out of hand. thats why all rumors were mover the the PC version of the garbage can

it was almost like the site was getting filled up with rumor junkies that just couldn't wait for their next fix

a large number of the posters there were great, but a good chunck of them would throw an obsolute shit fit even if you questioned the rumors or the people that posted them

now run along back to PC and tell everyone how the mean people at PR is talking bad about them

cheesner
03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
I am all for keeping it polite, but it is to a point where any questions regarding the info is seen as an attack. Some of the crap they have posted is just so ridiculous. Even when it comes out later when TT will say 'We talked to NO about trading up but it was never serious.' Which contradicted all the insiders, they said, 'well TT is doing a smokescreen now because the deal was in place but fell through later'.

But I must say, Arrigo is right on this year. Look at one of his latest insights:

I have (conflicting) Randy Moss reports (from 2 different sources w/ knowledge of the negotiations).

The first has the deal getting done sometime in the near future. It would include either KGB or Aaron Rodgers, a 3rd round pick and possibly a conditional pick next year to Oakland for Moss and a 4th round pick this draft.

The second is a deal wont get done because the Raiders want to much and the Packers won't give up Rodgers and the Packers board is worried about Moss' play, attitude and the potential P.R. backlash they might get. I have (conflicting) Randy Moss reports (from 2 different sources w/ knowledge of the negotiations).
I am betting he has this very accurate!

Talk about covering your bases! I thought of claiming inside info and start posting outlandish stuff (most contradictions to other insiders) but it looks like several others have beat me too it.

red
03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
yup

now they have a thread up over there crying about how we're talking shit about them

you can't even question the rumors on another site without a witch hunt

MadtownPacker
03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Got a link? :P

cheesner
03-22-2007, 08:37 PM
http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=4493

F4VRE
03-22-2007, 08:38 PM
There is no thread in Packerchatters talking about Packerrats. You are entitled to your opinion, I dont think any lines have been crossed.
Even if, I'm hardly going to run to Packerchatters and post about it. lol.
I like this forum as much as the next.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I disagree. I think it was in the manor of how the "insider gods" were disrespectfully called out that people had a problem with. This time of year alot of the leaks turn out to be smokescreens, it doesnt mean that these people dont have legit connections, or a know person thats actually on the inside. Its all part of a game. There have been times when the "insider gods" have been spot on. The people at Packerchatters aren't puppets. The moderators at PC try to keep it respectful. I like that.Welcome to the forum F4vre!

We love rumors here. We also love to tear them down.

The offseason, gotta love it!

red
03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Got a link? :P

of course

are we going to war? :D

F4VRE
03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
deleted

F4VRE
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Am I missing something ? :wink: There is no link talking about Packerrats.

red
03-22-2007, 08:42 PM
how bout this one

and the thread has mysteriously disappeared

it was in the on the street forum

the mods there do do a good job over there of cleaning shit up

F4VRE
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Nope, Red are you sure about this ? lol

red
03-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Nope, Red are you sure about this ? lol

i'm guessing its been moved to their protected forums

you a mod over there?

do i know you?

MJZiggy
I believe he is...didn't it have a reply as well?

F4VRE
no bruce.

MadtownPacker
03-22-2007, 08:47 PM
There is no thread in Packerchatters talking about Packerrats. You are entitled to your opinion, I dont think any lines have been crossed.
Even if, I'm hardly going to run to Packerchatters and post about it. lol.
I like this forum as much as the next.Agreed. Its all good man. PR is getting known and like my convict homegurl Martha Stewart says "it's a good thing".

red
03-22-2007, 08:50 PM
no bruce.

you're bruce?

haha, one of my favorite posters over there

glad to see you here

you'll get along good with patler

MadtownPacker
03-22-2007, 08:50 PM
no bruce.Bruce? What up man? Havent seen you since JSO. Hope you can drop some of those cool ass picture stories here.

F4VRE
03-22-2007, 08:55 PM
No, Im not Bruce. Thought maybe you were because of your avatar photo.

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Lets move on. lol

esoxx
03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm confused.

retailguy
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I believe he is...didn't it have a reply as well?

it did have a reply, asking about what we were. a curious poster. that's probably why the thread was zapped.

red
03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
oh

MJZiggy
03-22-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm confused.

That's nothing new :taunt:

(just kiddin')

Partial
03-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Chatters is alright, but I feel like I am being solicited to keep their site afloat. I've visited it like twice and have never gone back. No need to.

Green Bud Packer
03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
the times i called out an insider at packerrumors i was ripped a new one by an estimated 75% of the posters. every time a asked what team "patty" scouted for i was warned and scorned. to me most of the pc guys are wannabes and look at me's and i can't stomach wannabes and look at me's. i posted as sec 127 row 31. come and visit me at gold package games, unless it's opening weekend at deer camp.

Bretsky
03-22-2007, 11:34 PM
I find PC entertaining; I love unsubstantiated rumors and I'm drawn to being a rumor monger.

But if I had 10G for every piece of inside information they reported about hte Green Bay Packers and free free agency that were bogus I'd be a wealthy man

Kiwon
03-23-2007, 03:46 AM
I find PC entertaining; I love unsubstantiated rumors and I'm drawn to being a rumor monger.

But if I had 10G for every piece of inside information they reported about hte Green Bay Packers and free free agency that were bogus I'd be a wealthy man

I'm an exclusive PR man, myself.

I tried PChatters for a while after CE but the rumors were so ridiculous and plentiful that it drowned out real news and Red's right, if you said so in even a polite way everyone got defensive. You'd get, "Well, it COULD happen!" Yeah, and Elvis might be on Mars making donuts.

Much too much PC for me. PR's not quite the Wall Street Journal, but it's loads better than the National Enquirer.

woodbuck27
03-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Chatters is alright, but I feel like I am being solicited to keep their site afloat. I've visited it like twice and have never gone back. No need to.

Yup. PACKERRATS !!!

Certainly a fine 'on the pulse' Packer site.

The only forum any Packer fan might need and will come to enjoy, to be up to speed on OUR team.

KYPack
03-23-2007, 08:34 AM

I'm an exclusive PR man, myself.

I tried PChatters for a while after CE but the rumors were so ridiculous and plentiful that it drowned out real news and Red's right, if you said so in even a polite way everyone got defensive. You'd get, "Well, it COULD happen!" Yeah, and Elvis might be on Mars making donuts.

Much too much PC for me. PR's not quite the Wall Street Journal, but it's loads better than the National Enquirer.

You got a witness, Kiwon.

PC has packer News, but it's just a funny place.

I went over there after we all escaped from JSO, then when CE pulled the rug out. Didn't dig it.

I peek a little, but don't partake.

red
03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
can i bring up the idea of no more packerchatters bs being posted here at this site?

us= packer rats

them= packerchatters

it seems like all the rumors end up posted here, and i get the feeling that if me and some others wanted to hear all the rumors, we'd be there reading them.

maybe its just me. i thought i got away from all that crap, and now the worst part of that site has followed me here

blah

plus you inflate the "inside peoples" egos when you start posting crap on other sites.

MadtownPacker
03-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Damn Red, you would have made an excellent gang banger.

red
03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
gotta protect your territory mad

packiowa
03-23-2007, 11:15 AM
PR as a community seems to get along much better than PC (mostly due to random people constantly wanting "insiders" to prove to them who they are), but PR doesn't have near the amount of up to date material about things Packer related.

It's ones perogative to hate PC for whatever reason, but don't pretend like more and better football discussion goes on here.

MJZiggy
03-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't think anyone actually hates PC (maybe I'm wrong), I see it more as a personal preference. My personal view is that discussion on Favre or McCarthy is Packer related and I don't want to bounce all over a forum to find what I'm looking for and I like the community we've built here. That's just my preference, but I don't hate Packerchatters. I just don't go there.

MadtownPacker
03-23-2007, 12:16 PM
PR as a community seems to get along much better than PC (mostly due to random people constantly wanting "insiders" to prove to them who they are), but PR doesn't have near the amount of up to date material about things Packer related.

It's ones perogative to hate PC for whatever reason, but don't pretend like more and better football discussion goes on here.
No one hates them except Red. But you might want to double check about where more discussions takes place because while the read count (viewing) isnt as high as PC the daily post count (discussion) here is usually more. Just about all news Packer related is posted here almost immediately. I never have to go anywhere else to know everything that is going on with the team.

I think Patler said it best when he said he doesnt come here to preach about football, he comes here to talk about football.

Zool
03-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Amen

red
03-23-2007, 05:25 PM

No one hates them except Red. But you might want to double check about where more discussions takes place because while the read count (viewing) isnt as high as PC the daily post count (discussion) here is usually more. Just about all news Packer related is posted here almost immediately. I never have to go anywhere else to know everything that is going on with the team.

I think Patler said it best when he said he doesnt come here to preach about football, he comes here to talk about football.

i don't hate PC, i enjoyed it very much

i just got sick of the mob mentality whenever who question a rumor, and the fact that it seemed like the rumors and the people that provided them were the only things that mattered

someone would ask a question, an average poster would give an nice answer and the first guy would come back, ignore what was said and ask what arrigo thought

it really should just be a question and answer site with the "inside people", because thats all that matters there

and i didn't know about this place of course