PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Detroit Lions

Brando19
03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Jo-Ann Barnas, of Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna would like to see the Lions select Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson if he is available at the number two pick. "Hands down, they're saying this guy is the best guy in the draft — best receiver to come out in years. So if you're sitting there at two and he's available, and you're going to use that pick, why not?"

Jo-Ann Barnas, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Roy Williams would like to see the Lions select Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson if he is available at the number two pick.

Mike O' Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna believes the Lions should win at least 10 games during the 2007 season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !!!!! Kitna you kill me.
Sorry...had to get that one out of my system.

BF4MVP
03-22-2007, 05:44 PM
They SHOULD take Johnson..He's the best player in the draft...They won't though..

BF4MVP
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
PS LMAO at the Lions winning 10 games..

GoPackGo
03-22-2007, 05:51 PM
The Lions only chance at winning 10 games is if they get Charlie Batch back next year

Merlin
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Haven't they selected the top overall receiver the past 100 years already????????

Brando19
03-22-2007, 05:55 PM
The Lions only chance at winning 10 games is if they get Charlie Batch back next year

And Barry Sanders.

esoxx
03-22-2007, 06:18 PM
They rarely reached 10 wins in a season with Sanders in his prime. I doubt at age 38 he could work miracles. :)

Freak Out
03-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I thought they had traded for Carr. Lol....

CaliforniaCheez
03-22-2007, 06:33 PM
It take a lot of something to be a Detroit Lions fan; looking back fondly of the good ol' days of Wayne Fontes and Scott Mitchell.
You get no respect for kicking someone when they are that far down.

Don't rob them of their hope too early.

EDIT: Thank you Scott Campbell. I was not thinking clearly!!

MJZiggy
03-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Don't rob them of their hope too early.

That's what the preseason games are for! :P

red
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
millen is screwed

if he takes CJ everyone will call him an idiot for taking another top WR, but CJ would become a bust do to the spreading of the lions suckiness

if he doesn't take CJ, calvin will become one of the top wr's of all time, and he and the lions will look like idiots

millen should just shoot himself now and get it over with

Brando19
03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
They rarely reached 10 wins in a season with Sanders in his prime. I doubt at age 38 he could work miracles. :)

It was a joke. :wink:

b bulldog
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
There is CJ than everyone else. Head and shoulders above the rest of the class.

cheesner
03-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Millen should be drafting for the future - not because of the past.

Rodgers is gone from the team and they still have a need at WR. They should take him. Actually, if he was asking my advice, I would say trade down, but not out of the top 10. Get a #2, #3, and a #1 next year - and start filling some of them holes.

Actually, giving Millen more draft picks is like giving a blind marksman more bullets. It just isn't going to help anyway.

Tony Oday
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Good God that would be a WR tandem of Roy Williams and CJ!

Brando19
03-22-2007, 08:02 PM

Yeah...but who's gonna run the ball to take pressure off them? Who's gonna throw these receivers the ball? Who's gonna protect the QB that throws these receivers the ball? These are definitely things that need to be addressed before another 1st round WR.

red
03-22-2007, 08:15 PM

Yeah...but who's gonna run the ball to take pressure off them? Who's gonna throw these receivers the ball? Who's gonna protect the QB that throws these receivers the ball? These are definitely things that need to be addressed before another 1st round WR.

they have kevin jones, who's good if he can get healthy and they also just got tatem bell. so they should be ok at RB

kitna is a decent QB, he's not a world beater, but he's not horrible either

and they have started to improve that line

they're starting to get talent on that team, one of these years the light might go on and they'll shock us all

cheesner
03-22-2007, 08:21 PM

I think you can say that about any position they fill. There are lots of holes on that team. Might as well take a potential franchise player - and hope the GM next year can start filling in the missing pieces. This is one of those opportunities for Millen. If I was a Lion fan I would be thinking 'Even Millen can't screw this one up.'

Actually, I guess I wouldn't put it past him.

Scott Campbell
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
.......... looking back fondly of the good ol' days of Wayne Fontes and Scott Erickson.

Scott Mitchell?

Scott Campbell
03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Jo-Ann Barnas, of Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna would like to see the Lions select Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson if he is available at the number two pick.

Well duh. He's not going to endorse Brady Quinn.

esoxx
03-22-2007, 09:03 PM

So was my reply. :P

Brando19
03-22-2007, 09:05 PM

So was my reply. :P

I know. :D :P

Brando19
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Jo-Ann Barnas, of Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions QB Jon Kitna would like to see the Lions select Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson if he is available at the number two pick.

Well there is a guy out there by the name of Joe Thomas who could help Kitna stay on his feet instead of on the ground with a 300+ lb lineman on his back.

Scott Campbell
03-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Well there is a guy out there by the name of Joe Thomas who could help Kitna stay on his feet instead of on the ground with a 300+ lb lineman on his back.

I'm guessing he'd rate Thomas ahead of Brady Quinn too. I'm guessing Kitna would rate just about anyone ahead of Brady.

woodbuck27
03-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I thought they had traded for Carr. Lol....

He'd be a fit there.

Zool
03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
.......... looking back fondly of the good ol' days of Wayne Fontes and Scott Erickson.

Scott Mitchell?Apparently we have a closet Twins fan?

Fritz
03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
The only ways that Millen is "screwed" on his first round pick is if Calvin Johnson is sitting there at #2 and the Lions simply pass on him - he's incredible - or if they trade down, hoping to get Thomas, but then don't get him and end up with a clunker defensive lineman.

This is the time Millen SHOULD take a wide receiver, because this guy is not just another first round receiver. He's the real deal.

Cleft Crusty
03-23-2007, 11:37 AM
What is obviously clear is that Millen is the finest GM in profession sports today. he's just been unlucky with injuries and players and coaches who thought they could coast. Next to Millen, the next best GM you could ask for would be Bill Romanowski - at least he'd be able to hop his team up on amphetamines (oops, I meant chicken noodle soup) to enhance their performances. But Millen has the advantage of all that advice from Dick Stockton and James Brown.

BTW, I'm benching 280 and looking forward to visting some run-down 'historic' high school football field next month.

ND72
03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
don't be surprised if Detroit lands a ton of draft picks from Atlanta for Calvin Johnson. Just a hunch...

Partial
03-23-2007, 02:32 PM
don't be surprised if Detroit lands a ton of draft picks from Atlanta for Calvin Johnson. Just a hunch...

Is their first, two seconds this year, and a second next year enough to move up?

picks 9, 41, 43 and a number 2 next year for #2.

Seems like a very bad trade.

ND72
03-23-2007, 02:38 PM

For who?

Partial
03-23-2007, 02:42 PM

For who?

Atlanta, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Chicago. Detroit could completely reshape their fortunes with that trade.

That kind of a haul is very reminiscient of what San Diego got for Vick

oregonpackfan
03-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Ask David Carr of the Houston Texans if he would have appreciated having a lineman like Joe Thomas block for him. Carr has spent many passing situations the past 5 years ending up on his back because of a poor offensive line. I'll take a great offensive line and a mediocre quarterback anyday over a mediocre line and a great quarterback.