PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper's days are numbered.

Brando19
03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

Hahaha...I can't stand this guy. When the Packers played the Vikings all the years he was with Minn....he was the biggest cry baby I had ever seen in my life.

Rastak
03-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports if the Miami Dolphins trade for either Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green or Houston Texans QB David Carr, QB Daunte Culpepper will be released.

Hahaha...I can't stand this guy. When the Packers played the Vikings all the years he was with Minn....he was the biggest cry baby I had ever seen in my life.

Actually from what I've heard he's a pretty nice guy....got a little goofy last year though.......

Lurker64
03-22-2007, 07:14 PM
I wonder how much Dolphins brass are kicking themselves (and each other) for choosing Pep over Brees last offseason.

Freak Out
03-22-2007, 07:16 PM
The guy was a damn beast when he was healthy. I was glad when he went south. :D
Is his knee still screwed up?

red
03-22-2007, 07:43 PM

he was a beast because of moss

as soon as moss left pep turned to crap

even before the injury, he sucked

gbpackfan
03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Talk about a career that went to shit over-night. Damn.

Freak Out
03-22-2007, 07:51 PM

When he held onto the ball I know we had a hard time bringing him down.

red
03-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Talk about a career that went to shit over-night. Damn.

he was well on his way to having a worse year then favre in 2005 before the injury

6 tds 12 int's in 7 games

Brando19
03-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Agreed!

Jimx29
03-22-2007, 08:11 PM
He was slightly above average in between the 20's, but come red zone time he turned into fumblina and made horrible choices over and over

oregonpackfan
03-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I am not a fan of Culpepper but I think the main reason he was so poor last season was that he simply needed more time to heal from his knee injury.

No matter which team he will play for this year, I predict he will be much improved this year.

red
03-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I am not a fan of Culpepper but I think the main reason he was so poor last season was that he simply needed more time to heal from his knee injury.

No matter which team he will play for this year, I predict he will be much improved this year.

so whats you excuse for the fact that he sucked very bad in 2005 before the injury?

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 06:54 PM

so whats you excuse for the fact that he sucked very bad in 2005 before the injury?

Most players will have down years. Look at Brett Favre in 1993, 1999, and 2005. I think Culpepper could be good again--if he's in the right situation and gets over his injuries. He actually wasn't as bad as he was made out to be last year in his limited time, and that was with a bum knee. Now, I don't know if he'll ever get over the injury, but he was pretty darn good in several of his seasons. Career 64% completion percentage with 33 TDs-16 picks, 25 TDs-11 picks, and 39 TDs-13 picks in 3 of his seasons (with 400+ rushing yards to boot).

Rastak
03-23-2007, 07:38 PM

Most players will have down years. Look at Brett Favre in 1993, 1999, and 2005. I think Culpepper could be good again--if he's in the right situation and gets over his injuries. He actually wasn't as bad as he was made out to be last year in his limited time, and that was with a bum knee. Now, I don't know if he'll ever get over the injury, but he was pretty darn good in several of his seasons. Career 64% completion percentage with 33 TDs-16 picks, 25 TDs-11 picks, and 39 TDs-13 picks in 3 of his seasons (with 400+ rushing yards to boot).

I have to disagree on last year. I caught two of his games and he flat out sucked. Maybe it was confidence because of his injury or something, I don't know....but he did suck.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
He had a 60% completion percentage and 250 yards/game. He only had 3 interceptions in 4 games. Hardly stats that would say that he sucked. I'm sure he wasn't great, but he wasn't nearly Brad Johnson bad.

Rastak
03-23-2007, 09:10 PM
He had a 60% completion percentage and 250 yards/game. He only had 3 interceptions in 4 games. Hardly stats that would say that he sucked. I'm sure he wasn't great, but he wasn't nearly Brad Johnson bad.

Dude, you should have watched the games I saw. I don't give a good god damn how many yards he threw for. He gave both games away. You know better than to grab some statistic and make it sound like the beat all end all. I ain't throwing sour grapes, I'm telling you what I saw, and Saban did too.

red
03-23-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah, there was a reason joey harrington took over

only to latter be benched

and theres a reason why they're looking for someone else

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I saw him in two games also. He was horrible against Pittsburgh. It was his first game with the Dolphins, in a new offense, with a bum knee, at Pittsburgh. The other game he was decent. I don't know how he did in the other two games, but I think it would be really tough to judge him based off last year. He only played 4 games. On a new team. With a bum knee. He didn't even get a chance to get in a rhythm.

Rastak
03-23-2007, 09:25 PM
I saw him in two games also. He was horrible against Pittsburgh. It was his first game with the Dolphins, in a new offense, with a bum knee, at Pittsburgh. The other game he was decent. I don't know how he did in the other two games, but I think it would be really tough to judge him based off last year. He only played 4 games. On a new team. With a bum knee. He didn't even get a chance to get in a rhythm.

Well, we'll see I guess. It's been two years now where he hasn't impressed me in the least. I think his issue is further north than his knee but again, we'll see.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Harrington took over because Culpepper was obviously affected by his injury and the coaches sat him. They got off to a 1-3 start, and they were under pressure to win last year.

Let me ask you something. Did you think he sucked or even just overrated when he played for the Vikings?

Plenty of QBs have struggled and the team has looked for someone else. Doesn't mean the QB sucks. Detroit looked to move on without Jeff Garcia. He did well last year. Houston is looking to move on without David Carr. I still think Carr could be solid. Tennessee looked to move on without Steve McNair. He rebounded well last year. Kansas City is looking to move on without Trent Green. Doesn't mean Green can't play well. Hell, he's moving to the team that Culpepper plays for. So, does that mean Culpepper or Green is better. Both have their former teams looking to move on without them. Alright, I'm just rambling at this point.

Culpepper was a great QB for several years. Usually the same people that rip him for last year are the same ones who claim he wasn't ever any good. Personally, I think it's a crock. I live in Minnesota. The guy would put up a huge game, they'd lose a close game because their defense completely sucked, and Viking fans would come on the radio and blame Culpepper. I never thought the guy got a fair shake around here, so maybe I'm a little defensive for him.

red
03-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Harrington took over because Culpepper was obviously affected by his injury and the coaches sat him. They got off to a 1-3 start, and they were under pressure to win last year.

Let me ask you something. Did you think he sucked or even just overrated when he played for the Vikings?

Plenty of QBs have struggled and the team has looked for someone else. Doesn't mean the QB sucks. Detroit looked to move on without Jeff Garcia. He did well last year. Houston is looking to move on without David Carr. I still think Carr could be solid. Tennessee looked to move on without Steve McNair. He rebounded well last year. Kansas City is looking to move on without Trent Green. Doesn't mean Green can't play well. Hell, he's moving to the team that Culpepper plays for. So, does that mean Culpepper or Green is better. Both have their former teams looking to move on without them. Alright, I'm just rambling at this point.

Culpepper was a great QB for several years. Usually the same people that rip him for last year are the same ones who claim he wasn't ever any good. Personally, I think it's a crock. I live in Minnesota. The guy would put up a huge game, they'd lose a close game because their defense completely sucked, and Viking fans would come on the radio and blame Culpepper. I never thought the guy got a fair shake around here, so maybe I'm a little defensive for him.

yes, culpepper was great with the queens, when he had randy mos in his prime and those two could just play pitch and catch all day

do you think he played good in 2005 without mos before he was injured?

we saw that same exact, lost, daunte last year

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 09:40 PM
He played awful in 2005. Guys have down years. He was off to a rough start last year, but it was just 4 games, and Tom Brady probably would have had a rough start with the Dolphins in those games. He would have been learning a new system, with a bum knee, playing behind one of the very worst OLs in the game. I wasn't surprised that he struggled last year. Hell, I called it. He's not the brightest tool in the shed. Any team that picks him up has to realize it's a long-term investment because it's going to take Culpepper longer to get comfortable in an offense than most QBs. Who knows. His knee may be so shredded that he may never be the same. Moss obviously was great, but he wasn't the only reason Culpepper threw for 39 TDs with just 11 interceptions, ran for 400 yards, and had the highest combined yardage for a QB in NFL history in 2004. Look at Oakland the last two years to see that Randy Moss alone isn't going to make your stats that stellar.

Rastak
03-23-2007, 09:41 PM

I loved the guy (in a football sort of way) for years. I understood when Mad called him Culfumbler. He seemed to be very streaky however and he was horrible before his knee got taken out by a cheap hit (FU Gamble). Again, I think his issues are further north than his knee. Just my opinion. He's got a great arm, he may not be able to run anymore and his decision making still kinda blows.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Can't argue with the fact the guy is a fumbler. He also hasn't led a ton of late comebacks. Those are legitimate knocks. He was also a physical freak that carried his team to a quite a few victories, put up big numbers, and was actually very well-liked in the locker room. I think he would have looked a lot better if he had even average defenses in Minnesota.

esoxx
03-23-2007, 10:11 PM
I thought 'pep was a pretty damn good QB before he shredded his knee. Let's put it this way: I was concerned when the Packers played the Vikings and Culpepper was out on the field. With Brad Johnson and Tav Jackson, I had way less stress.

HarveyWallbangers
03-24-2007, 12:52 AM
From Yahoo Sports:

Members of the Dolphins organization have indicated they have doubts about Culpepper’s ability to recover from a knee injury and subsequent surgeries. Culpepper was limited to four games last season before undergoing more surgery this year.