PDA

View Full Version : Dominick Williams (Davis)

LL2
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
The Texans also released him. Why not give him a chance? He may be coming off an injury but he’s a pretty decent back, and possible could be signed for a bargain (TT’s style).

Travbrew
03-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree. He had some productive times (barring injury) especially with his receiving ability. Remember all those screens we used to run? TT should bring him in on the cheap and see what happens.

ND72
03-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I agree. I'd rather give this kid an opportunity because his potential is still there, if you sign a Kevan Barlow, or Tony Fischer, you get what you get.

Scott Campbell
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I think that would be a great move. He's only 27 (in Oct.), and has a career avg. of over 4 yards per carry behind that Houston line.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 04:08 PM
The Texans are of the belief that he likely will never play again.

Scott Campbell
03-23-2007, 04:12 PM

What happened to him?

Fosco33
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I like the name Dominic - let's bring him in.

Sparkey
03-23-2007, 04:19 PM

What happened to him?

Texans GM Rick Smith confirmed Monday that running back Domanick Williams (formerly Domanick Davis) suffered a setback in his rehab from a knee injury and will have a procedure done on his knee in the coming weeks. The announcement came during Ahman Green's introductory press conference with the Texans. Green is expected to be the primary running back for Houston in 2007.
(Updated 03/05/2007)

Fantasy Analysis
Williams' future doesn't look bright after he missed all of 2006 and is likely to be a question mark for training camp in 2007. Fantasy owners who have anything invested in Williams in keeper leagues should hang tight even though it doesn't look good. All other owners should consider Williams with a final-round flier at best in 2007 leagues.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 04:20 PM
What happened to him?

Knee injury. The cartilage in his knee is said to be almost gone, and his knee is bone on bone.

Big Ern
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Bone on bone issues with his knee - like brian westbrook onlly much worse - I was hoping they would release him. He's a good back - catches the ball really well and runs well.

MJZiggy
03-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum, Big Ern. Nice to see you posting.

Guiness
03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow, done eh? Isn't it at least partially because of this guy that they didn't draft Reggie Bush?

I know there were other reasons, but I seem to remember every reason given for the Texans not drafting Bush ended with 'and they already have a feature back'.

So they pass on an amazing prospect that some people were voting into the HOF while he was still in college, and the back that partially caused them to do it never plays another down. Talk about snake bitten.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 04:55 PM
To be fair, I don't think they thought it would be a career threatening injury on draft day in 2006.

Fosco33
03-23-2007, 05:02 PM
What happened to him?

Knee injury. The cartilage in his knee is said to be almost gone, and his knee is bone on bone.

I've got that problem with both of my knees - degenerative cartilage - used to do Muay Thai and torn one of them playing football outsite Witte B and the other softball. I wish I could say that ended my dreams of the NFL but shit- it ended my goal of trying to do most long duration/high impact sports without considerable pain/discomfort.

I feel for the guy.

LEWCWA
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Davis is done!