PDA

View Full Version : Turner to the Pack

Ballboy
03-23-2007, 06:26 PM
PFT has reported a possible trade, anyone else hear this?

POSTED 7:13 p.m. EDT, March 23, 2007

RUMORS FLY OF TURNER TO PACKERS

We continue to hear rumors from media sources of a possible trade of Chargers running back to the Green Bay Packers.

Turner, a restricted free agent, has been tendered at the highest possible level. Signing him to an offer sheet would subject his team to the sacrifice of a first-round pick and a third-round pick in next month's draft. Earlier this week, Falcons quarterback Matt Schaub, who had carried the same restriction as Turner, was traded to the Texans.

The Packers definitely have a need at the tailback position, given the departure of Ahman Green, who like Schaub will play in 2007 for Houston. The only other running backs with experience on the roster are Vernand Morency and Noah Herron.

Turner is a highly-regarded backup to NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson. But the reality for the Chargers is that, if he plays for the team in 2007, he'll be completely unrestricted in 2008.

packers11
03-23-2007, 06:28 PM
I saw this too... But 1st and 3rd??? WAYYY to much in my opinion....

If T.T. did this, I'd definitely be asking for him to be fired...

Ballboy
03-23-2007, 06:30 PM
The first and third are if we sign him as a tagged player.

I'm guessing it would be similar to the 2nd round picks as for Schaub.

Rastak
03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
The first and third are if we sign him as a tagged player.

I'm guessing it would be similar to the 2nd round picks as for Schaub.

Exactly.

Bretsky
03-23-2007, 06:34 PM
TT giving up a draft pick ?? :crazy: :crazy: :laugh: :doh: :doh:

gbpackfan
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
This would make Daddy very happy! Come on TT!

MadtownPacker
03-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Man, getting Turner would be a great move. This IS a guy worth making a trade for. A 2nd though not the 1 and 3. He is young, super fast, and was mentored by LT. Hate to say it but he reminds me of the Ahman of yesterday with how he can run the length of the field.

imscott72
03-23-2007, 07:26 PM
BuffaloBills.com beat writer Chris Brown is "hearing" that the Chargers are willing to part with Michael Turner for an early second-round pick.

It was believed earlier this offseason that Turner could only be had for a first-rounder, so it's possible GM A.J. Smith has lowered his asking price. The Texans, Browns, Bills, and Falcons could have interest.
Source: buffalobills.com

This is a no-brainer imo....

motife
03-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Jets opinion of Michael Turner :

The reasons for the Jets interest are plentiful. New York’s leading rusher in 2006 was Leon Washington, who ran for just 650 yards on 151 attempts, good for a 4.3-yard average. Turner, on the other hand, gained 502 yards on but 80 attempts, an average of 6.3 yards per carry.
Additionally, Turner has the size to carry the load for an offense. He weights 35 lbs. more than Washington and is still every bit as explosive. His 73-yard run in week two was 50 yards longer than Washington’s longest run on the season.

Turner’s greatest asset, however, is his strength. He runs with power and terrific leverage, making him tougher to bring down than high gas prices.

“I prepare myself as a starter each week,” Turner explained. “I go out there with a whatever it takes attitude. I have the speed to get outside and turn the corner and can run people over too. Whatever it takes.”

The Jets have first-hand knowledge of Turner’s capabilities. New York’s offensive coordinator is Brian Schottenheimer, who – in addition to being Marty Schottenheimer’s son – was the Chargers’ quarterbacks coach from 2002-2005.

The price for Turner is significant, but so is his potential. Should New York wait for Turner to be tendered, it would have to give up two first-day draft picks to acquire him. Instead, the Jets may try and entice general manager A.J. Smith into a sign-and-trade, offering a first-round pick and hoping that he will seize a bird in hand instead of waiting for two in the bush.

Should Turner depart, the Chargers will likely choose from a pair of capable in-house replacements. Andrew Pinnock should get first dibs. His size (5 foot 10, 250 lbs.) and north-and-south running style make him an ideal candidate for spelling the shiftier LaDainian Tomlinson.

Another potential replacement is the 5-foot-6 Darren Sproles, a quicker and more explosive option. No matter his place on the depth chart, the Chargers figure to feature him in certain packages in hopes of exploiting his big-play ability.

More important than what San Diego will do with Turner’s place on the depth chart is what it will do with the extra draft pick. San Diego could package its own pick with New York’s in order to move up in the draft and select a premiere receiver such as Ted Ginn Jr. or local favorite Dwayne Jarrett.

Otherwise, the Chargers could keep both picks and hope for a dynamic one-two punch like in 2005, when the team landed Shawne Merriman and Luis Castillo in the opening stanza.

Regardless, there is an excellent chance that – one way or the other – Michael Turner will end up with the Jets. Given Turner’s obvious talent and A.J. Smith’s successful track record of turning draft picks into stars, it appears both teams could end up the better for it.

falco
03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
PFT is starting to remind me of Arrigo. First its Moss, then its Turner. One minute its almost done deal, the next its waiting til the draft. Not that they had that much credibility to begin with, but its really getting ridiculous.

red
03-23-2007, 08:15 PM
i doubt this will happen, it will cost us way too much IMO

schaub was traded for two seconds and a move up in the first round (a 100 point value= early 4th rounder)

seems like a lot

unless we swap 1st round picks with them and throw in our second rounder

but again you're giving up an aweful lot

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Can we add a question mark to the title. Am thinking we traded for him.

gbpackfan
03-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Red,

I have to be honest with you. I HATE that your Packer G is upside down. I view it as a clear sign of disrespect. You should flip it over. Or be taken out and shot. Either one. :P

red
03-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Red,

I have to be honest with you. I HATE that your Packer G is upside down. I view it as a clear sign of disrespect. You should flip it over. Or be taken out and shot. Either one. :P

being upside down is not a sign of disrespect

its a sign of distress

though people do like to throw a fit when the us flag is hung upside down

it simply means we're in trouble and need help

if a us embassy falls under attack, they hang the flag upside down as a signal to other that theres a problem

ships use to do it too

and i would have to say right now, we have a bit of a problem, and until something is done about it, it'll stay like that

unless mad flips it again

retailguy
03-23-2007, 08:30 PM
it simply means we're in trouble and need help

We're going to draft 32 7th rounders in a few weeks. Don't worry red. Super Bowl Champs in 2047... :wink:

Rastak
03-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Red,

Oh, it's no different than the upside down "M" the Badgers are always displaying.

j/k

:wink:

Tubby Tubby Tubby

packers11
03-23-2007, 08:36 PM
PFT is starting to remind me of Arrigo. First its Moss, then its Turner. One minute its almost done deal, the next its waiting til the draft. Not that they had that much credibility to begin with, but its really getting ridiculous.

The "done deal" was the piece of shit Boston Herald... All over the radio stations here in New England were sourcing the Boston Herald. Therefor PFT went off the same source too, I don't blame them for that...

gbpackfan
03-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Ha, not too bad......for a viking's fan. :lol:

Bretsky
03-23-2007, 08:39 PM

schaub was traded for two seconds and a move up in the first round (a 100 point value= early 4th rounder)

seems like a lot

CAN MAD FLIP MY TURTLE UPSIDE DOWN ??

red
03-23-2007, 08:41 PM

seems like a lot

maybe he can get the legs to kick while its upside down too

Brando19
03-23-2007, 08:54 PM

seems like a lot

I think it's crappy that the G is upside down, too. If you're pissed and upset like the rest of us...why don't you take that piece of crap Ted Thompson's pic...flip it upside down and put it as your avatar. TT is the one who needs the help right now. The G symbolizes the entire Green Bay organization and all it stands for.

Rastak
03-23-2007, 08:59 PM

seems like a lot

I think it's crappy that the G is upside down, too. If you're pissed and upset like the rest of us...why don't you take that piece of crap Ted Thompson's pic...flip it upside down and put it as your avatar. TT is the one who needs the help right now. The G symbolizes the entire Green Bay organization and all it stands for.

With all due respect, it represents nothing more than a football team, just like 31 others. The US flag, now that I could understand outrage. It symbolizes much more.

Football is a game and it's a diversion from real life, like most entertainment. We all enjoy it but it ain't at the top of the list of most
folk. Family and country rank a tad higher.

red
03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

and i say we're in a state of dire distress

Bretsky
03-23-2007, 09:07 PM

seems like a lot

Now that frickin turtle is in distress....lol

red
03-23-2007, 09:10 PM

seems like a lot

LOL thats the spirit

Rastak
03-23-2007, 09:12 PM
THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

and i say we're in a state of dire distress

LOL...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gbpackfan
03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe EVERYONE should be upside down! Until TT makes a move that makes Packer Nation happy. DO IT MAD!

GoPackGo
03-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd love for the Pack to trade for Turner but don't title the thread "Turner to the Pack" unless it is already a done deal. Thank you

MadtownPacker
03-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Didnt know you wanted it upside down Red. Thought you just didnt do it right.

The fact that Rastak thinks it OK should tell you everything you need to know. :x

Lurker64
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I'd rather give up a 2nd for Turner than draft Lynch in the first.

red
03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Didnt know you wanted it upside down Red. Thought you just didnt do it right.

The fact that Rastak thinks it OK should tell you everything you need to know. :x

i figured that much, it took all of two seconds to fix

thanks for fixing it for me, and screwing it up in the process

:wink:

MadtownPacker
03-23-2007, 10:21 PM
You better watch out. If the homies decide to take you out for this I cant interfere and will likely join in.

red
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
You better watch out. If the homies decide to take you out for this I cant interfere and will likely join in.

i'm packing and rollin in my 6-4 drop

motife
03-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Reality Check :

Green Bay Packers are ranked 9th in a readers poll today at MSNBC to win the 2008 Super Bowl.

That's pretty good..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11194873/

Bretsky
03-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Reality Check :

Green Bay Packers are ranked 9th in a readers poll today at MSNBC to win the 2008 Super Bowl.

That's pretty good..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11194873/

Everybody must be drunk in WI :lol:

Freak Out
03-23-2007, 11:52 PM

Turner is worth a 2nd.

Something got in the water over at MSNBC........

red
03-23-2007, 11:54 PM

it'll take a bit more then that

Tony Oday
03-24-2007, 01:56 AM
Upside down is a sign of distress but its also backwards...you are not allowed to do that with the flag, and though the packer G isnt close to what the US flag is, its still a sign of disrespect.

Oh and we are not in distress as long as Favre is here remember that.

red
03-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Upside down is a sign of distress but its also backwards...you are not allowed to do that with the flag, and though the packer G isnt close to what the US flag is, its still a sign of disrespect.

Oh and we are not in distress as long as Favre is here remember that.

there, now it looks like a damn e

vince
03-24-2007, 08:41 AM

seems like a lot

Great idea! This way, you guys can see the sky falling upon you. :roll:
- A young team on the rise, whose defense ultimately gelled into the stalwart group it always possessed the talent (but lacked the experience working together) to become last year...
- An OL, filled with youth, that logic dictates will be vastly improved after it's first year in an entirely new scheme, and its youngsters mature and gain additional strength...
- A HOF QB, who decided to return because he is excited about the positive direction this team is headed...
- A RB returning with agility and burst, who its RB coach is on record saying is better than the RB that was signed away from the team - and last year's statistics tend to support out that claim...
- A strong Head Coach, who has instilled a strong sense of personal accountability and pride in this young team...
- A team who has had an extremely productive offseason in strength and conditioning - exactly what the youngsters need to go to the next level...
- A General Manager, a proven talent evaluator, who sees everything that occurs on a daily basis, and has been under the tutelage of some of the most accomplished managers in NFL history, and has experienced FIRST HAND the developmental cycles of NFL football teams during his entire adult life...
- Still a month before a deep draft at many positions...
Those things, by themselves, should be enough for anyone to see, when they turn themselves upside down to look skyward, that it is, in fact, not falling, but to add to that...
- One of the very few teams in the league who will be in position to acquire the rare talents of Randy Moss, should he be released...
- A team that appears to be in the process of negotiating a trade for one of the most highly touted running back prospects in the league...
If either of those possibilities were to come to fruition, and subsequent to the new additions to the team through the draft, most will say that not only isn't the team in "distress" but that it will have been an extremely productive offseason for a team that is also doing a great job of building from within.

The sky isn't falling - and this team isn't in "distress". Perhaps by turning upside down, you'll begin to see it.

KYPack
03-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Whoa, Vince!

That is one king-hell good vat of Kool-Aide you brewed up!.

What the hell, it's the off-season, lemme dip my ladel in there and have a big sip.

pbmax
03-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Before I read the posts, I thought it was 'e' for Red. Which didn't make a lot of sense, but then that's not really a requirement is it?

And I'll be happy to drink some kool-aid on a weekend that is supposed to get to the 70s.

But I can't see the trade happening.

Bretsky
03-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Whoa, Vince!

What the hell, it's the off-season, lemme dip my ladel in there and have a big sip.

With the exception of BF being a HOF quarterback, way too many ifs in those points and one could put positive or negative spins on nearly every one. A great kool aide post, but I'm not seeing it yet.

pack4to84
03-24-2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1idt5_turnburn
after watching this video I want him in green and gold.

MJZiggy
03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Whoa, Vince!

With the exception of BF being a HOF quarterback, way too many ifs in those points and one could put positive or negative spins on nearly every one. A great kool aide post, but I'm not seeing it yet.

There's no guarantee with a FA either. There are ALWAYS ifs no matter what. IF we get a FA and IF he doesn't get hurt, He SHOULD be pretty good IF he perfoms like you expect him to. And you talk about bringing vets in, remember, right now, we have no rookies on the team. They are ALL vets.

Brando19
03-24-2007, 09:57 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1idt5_turnburn
after watching this video I want him in green and gold.

Wow! He burned Pacman!

BallHawk
03-24-2007, 10:00 AM
What would they want that we have? Talk of trade is fun and all, but realistically, what do the Chargers need that we have?

imscott72
03-24-2007, 10:02 AM
We haven't signed anyone for 80 million yet, so clearly the team is in distress.. :roll:

Bretsky
03-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Whoa, Vince!

There's no guarantee with a FA either. There are ALWAYS ifs no matter what. IF we get a FA and IF he doesn't get hurt, He SHOULD be pretty good IF he perfoms like you expect him to. And you talk about bringing vets in, remember, right now, we have no rookies on the team. They are ALL vets.

Did anybody say there were guarantees with free agency ? I guess your solutions is not to try :roll:

Bretsky
03-24-2007, 10:10 AM
What would they want that we have? Talk of trade is fun and all, but realistically, what do the Chargers need that we have?

Draft picks; the Chargers want Draft Picks.

They want WR threats. McCardell is gone and they need weapons to add to their LT and Gates duo.

The two players they'd want from Green would be Driver and Jennings; but that's not practical. So they want draft picks.

MJZiggy
03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Whoa, Vince!

Did anybody say there were guarantees with free agency ? I guess your solutions is not to try :roll:

It's not about TRYING. It's about doing what TT feels is best for the team. I don't recall the FA this year that didn't have SOMEONE come on and let us know what the knock against him was. I, like Patler, am very interested to see what happens between now and training camp. I wanna see how Underwood handles himself before I go into convulsions about safety. Wasn't he strongly challenging Manual last season? Let's see what happens before we hang ouselves in woe.

RashanGary
03-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Nice post Vince....

Good content and it finished very convincingly.

BallHawk
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM

They want WR threats. McCardell is gone and they need weapons to add to their LT and Gates duo.

The two players they'd want from Green would be Driver and Jennings; but that's not practical. So they want draft picks.

I don't think TT would give up a 1st and 3rd for Turner. Hell, I wouldn't give a 1st and a 3rd for Turner. With that 3rd we could get a RB that has a shot at becoming our future RB. Perhaps Pittman or Irons?

vince
03-24-2007, 11:47 AM

I don't think TT would give up a 1st and 3rd for Turner. Hell, I wouldn't give a 1st and a 3rd for Turner. With that 3rd we could get a RB that has a shot at becoming our future RB. Perhaps Pittman or Irons?
Any team could have him for a first and a third without any negotiation whatsoever. The whole trade scenario is, by definition, something less than that...

The reality for the Chargers is that Turner will become a free agent after next year, so they'll likely lose him and get nothing in return unless they franchise him, which would cost them way too much for a reserve. It's pretty much now or never if they want to get any value for him.

BallHawk
03-24-2007, 11:49 AM
But is there any scenario where we get Turner without giving up a 1st and something else? If it was for a 1st, straight up, I would consider it. However, we have no idea what the Chargers are asking for.

imscott72
03-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Whoa, Vince!

Other teams have done the trying for us. Washington and Minny are perfect examples from last yr when FA doesn't work..

BallHawk
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Washington and Minny are examples from every year that FA doesn't work. :D

imscott72
03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
But is there any scenario where we get Turner without giving up a 1st and something else? If it was for a 1st, straight up, I would consider it. However, we have no idea what the Chargers are asking for.

I posted earlier in the thread that the Chargers were considering taking a 2nd for him. Its doubtful they'll get a 1st cause teams know they have to unload him this yr or he's gone via FA next yr. No way anyone gives up a 1st and a 3rd. Thats simply unheard of these days. It will be a trade or nothing.

Charles Woodson
03-24-2007, 12:02 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/related/1270653/video/xnegt_incroyable-touchdown/1

how bout this guyy?

Bretsky
03-24-2007, 12:08 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/related/1270653/video/xnegt_incroyable-touchdown/1

how bout this guyy?

That was pretty cool

Charles Woodson
03-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Whoa, Vince!

Other teams have done the trying for us. Washington and Minny are perfect examples from last yr when FA doesn't work..

Its all about signing the players that are a best fit. For washington nd minny it was a lack of scouting and player analysis.

Patler
03-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Any team could have him for a first and a third without any negotiation whatsoever. The whole trade scenario is, by definition, something less than that...

The reality for the Chargers is that Turner will become a free agent after next year, so they'll likely lose him and get nothing in return unless they franchise him, which would cost them way too much for a reserve. It's pretty much now or never if they want to get any value for him.

The Chargers are in a bit of a situation though. The have a legitimate Super Bowl contending team. If LT were to be injured, while significant, having Turner it might not ruin their opportunity. Without Turner, who knows what happens if LT goes down.

If I'm the Chargers, as a contender, I think I keep him unless an offer is too good to pass up. I don't trade him just to "get something" for him. Not this year, not with their team where it is.

Bretsky
03-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Whoa, Vince!

Free agency works sometimes and it does not sometimes. It's equally deceptive to say FA works or free agency does not work and leave the general statement as that.

And to select the extremes while ignoring the other factors in Minnesota is deceptive. Washington just has terrible scouts or selection of the players.

The Patriots signed several free agents with key roles in the Super Bowl years. Green Bay signed Reggie White, Santana Dotson, Sean Jones, and Eugene Robinson.

The key is to pick the right players; seeing everybody has money these days guys are going to get paid well. The key is picking the right players if you decide to play the free agency game.

It's silly to say it does or does not work.

red
03-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Before I read the posts, I thought it was 'e' for Red. Which didn't make a lot of sense, but then that's not really a requirement is it?

LOL

makes sense to me

Guiness
03-24-2007, 06:43 PM
The Chargers are in a bit of a situation though. The have a legitimate Super Bowl contending team. If LT were to be injured, while significant, having Turner it might not ruin their opportunity. Without Turner, who knows what happens if LT goes down.

If I'm the Chargers, as a contender, I think I keep him unless an offer is too good to pass up. I don't trade him just to "get something" for him. Not this year, not with their team where it is.

Unless they can do something to get them over the hump. They're a Super Bowl 'contender' that got punted in the first round last year. Do they look at the roster, and see what they're missing (wide receivers, IMO) or do they chalk it up to bad luck and take another run? Third option, to they decide it was Marty's fault, and take another run?

I think they'd take a genuine #1 or good #2 WR in a trade. I bet we could have him for Jennings. Not sure how I'd feel about that...it fills one hole, but creates another.

Bretsky
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I would bet that on draft day the Chargers will accept a 2nd round draft pick

Trade down in round one for an extra third; trade the 2nd for Turner and our 3rd for Moss.

Wake up; it was a nice dream while it lasted :lol: :lol:

Chevelle2
03-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Getting Turner would be huge imo. Morency and Turner together in the backfield, as well as whoever will be our 3rd RB. It would also give us some flexibility on draft day. If we were to swap 1st rounders with SD, we could pick say Meriweather, Meachum, Bowe, Jarvis Moss or Eric Weddle or even Greg Olsen if he fell (unlikely) there. Then in round 2 go Zach Miller or something (unreleated to Turner Trade) So come draft day we could have say:

Acquire:
Turner
Meriweather/Meachum/Bowe/Jarvis Moss/Weddle/Olsen
Randy Moss (of course assuming the trade goes down)
Zach Miller

Give Up:
4th (for Moss)
KGB (for Moss)

Im all for that!!! And its not all that farfetched either

pack4to84
03-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Getting Turner would be huge imo. Morency and Turner together in the backfield, as well as whoever will be our 3rd RB. It would also give us some flexibility on draft day. If we were to swap 1st rounders with SD, we could pick say Meriweather, Meachum, Bowe, Jarvis Moss or Eric Weddle or even Greg Olsen if he fell (unlikely) there. Then in round 2 go Zach Miller or something (unreleated to Turner Trade) So come draft day we could have say:

Acquire:
Turner
Zach Miller

Give Up:
4th (for Moss)
KGB (for Moss)

Getting these guys would make me happy. I think this could happen. I saw
a poll on another web site asking if we would do this trade like you said for Turner. Most people vote for the trade last I checked.

MadtownPacker
03-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Acquire:
Turner
Zach Miller

Give Up:
4th (for Moss)
KGB (for Moss)

I like all this but even if the moss trade was a 3rd it wouild still be good.

imscott72
03-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Yeah I agree with u guys 100%. Turner for a 2nd imo is a no brainer. Not sure how you can pass that up if I'm TT given our RB situation. TT does like his picks tho, so who knows.

MJZiggy
03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
I thought he said this year that he doesn't need as many as he did in years past. Didn't someone say he said that at Fanfest?

Bretsky
03-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I thought he said this year that he doesn't need as many as he did in years past. Didn't someone say he said that at Fanfest?

ND said that; but what is TT going to say....we still have terrible depth ?

pittstang5
03-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Just saw this from our favorite "rumor" starter on PC. (remember, it's just a rumor)

"The Packers and the Chargers are indeed talking about a deal that would send Michael Turner and the #30 pick to the Pack for ther #16. Players that MAY be there at #30 if a deal goes down, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Brandon Merriweather, Michael Griffin and Greg Olsen."

Ok, I know some in here don't like the Arrigo rumors. His rumors don't make sense at times, but this one, whether it's true or not, has me excited.
I would love for Turner to be a Packer.

BallHawk
03-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow, that would be a good deal. We could still pick up a player like Meachem or Ginn at that spot and we pick up a starting RB.

It's too good to be true. :(

MadtownPacker
03-26-2007, 07:50 PM
That would be a great trade!

I dont think Lynch will be their at #16 and Turner is ready to jump into the starting role. Man, getting Moss and Turner would have me drooling for the seaon to start.

Brando19
03-26-2007, 07:56 PM
That would be a great trade!

I dont think Lynch will be their at #16 and Turner is ready to jump into the starting role. Man, getting Moss and Turner would have me drooling for the seaon to start.

And it would have me ordering two jerseys!

esoxx
03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Just saw this from our favorite "rumor" starter on PC. (remember, it's just a rumor)

"The Packers and the Chargers are indeed talking about a deal that would send Michael Turner and the #30 pick to the Pack for ther #16.

Well, so much for that if Arrigo says so. Best put this one in the "not happening" category.

Next!

woodbuck27
03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
I disagree with giving up any first or second rd. pick for this RB that may be lost in FA next year.Thus a scenario that includes a swap of first Rd. picks doesn't work for me.

I would't agree alternatively with trading either Driver or Jennings.

Thus unfortunately acquiring Michael Turner doesn't appear likely.

MadtownPacker
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I disagree with giving up any first or second rd. pick for this RB that may be lost in FA next year.Thus a scenario that includes a swap of first Rd. picks doesn't work for me.I thnk any type of deal would include a new contract no?

Turner is the right player to roll the dice on.

Bub
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
I do like this guy, but he may be a product of the system. He did average over 6yds a carry, but he had a lot of long runs too. When you're only getting 80 carries a year, a long run will make a big difference in your average. The FB (Neal) averaged 4.8 a carry. Another thing is that he only had 3 catches last year, on a team that throws the ball a lot to the RB.

How much is this guy really worth?

woodbuck27
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
I disagree with giving up any first or second rd. pick for this RB that may be lost in FA next year.Thus a scenario that includes a swap of first Rd. picks doesn't work for me.I thnk any type of deal would include a new contract no?

Turner is the right player to roll the dice on.

If he'll agree to come with a contract then that puts a whole different slant on acquiring him for whatever.