PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with TT now?

Charles Woodson
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
How happy are you with TT?

If not, explain what you want him to still do.

ND72
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
where's "never hated him in the first place"?

Scott Campbell
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
It's still way too early to tell. I'll reserve judgment until more evidence pours in.

Harlan Huckleby
04-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I've been pissing all-over the Woodson Welcome Wagon in other threads, but I think Thompson made the right move in signing Woodson. I wish there were better FA opportunities, but there are not.

Thompson is doing a good job. The franchise has gotten some bad breaks the last 6 months.

jack's smirking revenge
04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I sided on the "Draft (insert name) and I will be". The Woodson signing is definitely a sweet one, and I'm intrigued by Allen, but in order for me to fully be on TT's bandwagon, rather than just "having patience with him", he's gotta have a SOLID draft. No projects. No risks. Some quality starters at the top of the order.

We need depth.

tyler

b bulldog
04-26-2006, 09:06 PM
The draft will be my measuring stick. I'm not gaga over the Woodson signing.

Joemailman
04-26-2006, 10:21 PM
I may not be as excited as Nutz was last night, :roll: but I'm pretty happy.

Actually, I've always pretty much been in TT's corner.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 10:24 PM

I'm with you here. His second round pick this year is as important as the Woodson signing. The #5 blows this out of the water. Collectively this years draft has about 5x the importance of the Woodson signing.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I think the Woodson signing might be the biggest free agent signing since Joe Johnson. That was like four years ago. God this team hasn't done anything in free agency in at least four years, and their drafts have stunk ass crack. It is amazing that this team has only one losing season in the last 5.

I am happy about Woodson. I think he still has a bunch of football in him, and regardless, he dramatically improves the depth of this secondary. Overall it was a good signing that the team will benefit from.

GrnBay007
04-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I may not be as excited as Nutz was last night, :roll: but I'm pretty happy.

Yeah right! you just won't admit it! :razz: :wink:

Partial
04-26-2006, 10:38 PM
It certainly allows a first day selection to be moved from DB to OL or Rec.

swede
04-26-2006, 10:38 PM

I'm with you here. His second round pick this year is as important as the Woodson signing. The #5 blows this out of the water. Collectively this years draft has about 5x the importance of the Woodson signing.

Yep. Even though we may not agree who should be picked at #5, we can agree that the draft is the big hammer in TT's toolbox.

But I'm particularly looking forward to a few artful tradedowns that give us the kind of athletic depth that will mean that MAYBE OUR COVERAGE AND RETURN TEAMS WON'T SUCK FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE FOREVER!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Thompson is doing a good job. The franchise has gotten some bad breaks the last 6 months.

If thompson was doing a good job, there wouldnt be any bad breaks.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-26-2006, 11:23 PM
It's still way too early to tell. I'll reserve judgment until more evidence pours in.

Campbell, you must have been hibernating with the Polar Bear last year. Let me remind you again: 4-12.

Chubbyhubby
04-26-2006, 11:38 PM

Campbell, you must have been hibernating with the Polar Bear last year. Let me remind you again: 4-12.

True.. but 5 of the losses came by 3 points or less. All winnable games. Could have been 9-7.

OS PA
04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I didn't really like TT's offseason moves last year, but remember everyone, last year was TT's first year governing a team. He was a top scout for the Seahawks, but wasn't completely influential in the building of the team. He didn't deal with all the business of everything. Of course he had a little stumble with these new responsibilties, but with everything i've seen this year, it seems that he has grown as a GM, he in only one year learned how to effectively use cap space. He's also had many solid signings this year, even if it doesn't look like it. I just wish we could fix our turnover problem, bleh, oh well. Have a look.

Signed:

Pickett - 65 tackles - 2 sacks - 16 games started
Taylor - 113 tackles - 0 sacks - 16 games started
Manuel - 71 tackles - 0 sacks - 0 ints - 16 games played
Woodson - 30 tackles - 0 sacks - 1 int - 6 games started

Boerigter - Not a Starter - but a big fast white guy

Jon Ryan - Star Punter from Canada

Re-Signed:

Aaron Kampman
William Henderson
Ahman Green
Najeh Davenport
Kevin Barry
Colin Cole

That's a very solid offseason to me. Our only true loss was Ryan Longwell, but he will be replaced within a year.

Good Job TT.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 05:41 AM
I'm with ND, I always liked that TT has a plan and he is not letting himself get disrupted by fans or players wnting to take influence. TT has vision and the balls to purue that vision, even in the face of major pressue.

And if you don't consider the outbursts from Brett Favre as pressure, boy, let me remind you this is the Packers we're talking about!

I'll reiterate that last year's draft effort was solid IMO. A-Rod was a "must select" when he dropped, Collins has been a pearl, Murphy would have been a damned good football player and was selected with Walker's status in mind.

TT picked a few projects that he may have avoided. He couldn't possibly assume the depth he left by Sherman indeed proved to be as shallow. But I still have hope for Poppinga, Underwood and Hawkins. That LB that went IR last year, Kurt Campbell hasn't even had a look. Whittiker will improve and there's still Coston and Monty to hope for.

Also, I love that ST tackling demon, Thornburg. I'd say we don't have a list of pro bowlers in my message, maybe Collins. But, we have a list of honest players willing to work hard. Packer guys.

Now, who stole my Kool-Aid?

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 07:03 AM

I gave him a pass for last season because he was stuck with Sherman's roster coming in and Sherman as a coach.