PDA

View Full Version : DWAYNE BOWE - Highlight Film

gbpackfan
03-23-2007, 09:54 PM
If Lynch and Peterson are both gone at 16 and the Packers dont trade for Moss, TT should SERIOUSLY consider drafting Bowe. He is a perfect fit in MM's WCO and is a load to bring down. He runs fantastic routes and will make an impact game 1. In the first minute of the film, they break down two routes and they are SICK. He fakes the defender out of his jock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSvWf9-EN_g

red
03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
actually, from what i've read, he doesn't run very good routes, he's not that fast at 4.5-4.6, and he does drop a lot of balls

IMO, we don't need another good route running possession type of WR, we have two very good ones already in driver in jennings.

what we need, is what bowe isn't, a deep threat

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Highlight films make every player look great. I've soured on Bowe a little bit. He has good size, but he's not tremendously fast, he's not very impressive in interviews, and to me he doesn't look THAT impressive on tape. I don't think that highlight film is any more impressive than the highlight film of the other top WRs.

Greg Jennings highlight reel from last year was more impressive.
:D

I must admit that he looked a little better on that video than the highlights they showed on the NFL Channel. I remember seeing him and thinking he looked almost awkward running with the ball.

the_idle_threat
03-23-2007, 11:03 PM
I soured on highlight films when watching the one on Vernon Davis last year, when they showed the same couple-three plays over and over from different angles. People thought he looked awesome, but it was nothing but slick marketing.

The Leaper
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
The only true 1st round talent at WR this year is Johnson...who is a rare super stud. The rest of the guys all have some serious flaws in their game, and I wouldn't be the one grasping at selecting the first couple in the bunch.