PDA

View Full Version : Packers | Woodson to see action on offense

Sparkey
04-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports according to agent Carl Poston, CB Charles Woodson picked the Green Bay Packers over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers because head coach Mike McCarthy agreed to let him play on offense as well as play cornerback. "I think the fact that Brett committed to another year, that was one thing Charles was interested in," Poston said. "Another point is that they agreed to let Charles play offense as well as defense. That proved to be very beneficial to them. They wouldn't let him do that in Oakland." According to Poston, the Buccaneers, coached by Jon Gruden, weren't interested in allowing him to play on offense and wanted him to play safety. McCarthy said that when Woodson visited the Packers April 3, he told Woodson that he would be able to play some wide receiver if he signed in Green Bay. Woodson is expected to start at cornerback opposite CB Al Harris.

Scott Campbell
04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Well we've got two openings at Guard.

jack's smirking revenge
04-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Props to the Pack for adapting to Woodson's request! If this guy thinks that he can play offense AS WELL AS defense, then he's gotta have some confidence that he's still a gamer. I'd love to see him line up and catch some passes from Favre....so long as it doesn't result in him getting another broken leg. Or pinky.

Woodson playing offense may never realistically happen, but the fact that the Packers were willing to appease him, or at least throw him into a game plan or two, is fun. The Pats have done well with Vrabel in the offensive mix as a TE.

tyler

Scott Campbell
04-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Didn't he play both ways at Michigan?

Sparkey
04-26-2006, 09:44 PM

Yes he did.

RashanGary
04-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Best case sinerio

Collins > Sharper
Woodson > Mac
Walker comes back
Ferguson > Wahle
Pickett > Hunt
2nd rounder > someone else

Walker is one of the biggest ifs on the team but if a few things happen the Packers could make the playoffs.

b bulldog
04-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Returner,WR and DB at the great UM

MadtownPacker
04-26-2006, 11:22 PM
I think playing Woodson on O would be a great idea. I think I recall him doing it a few times with the raiders.

swede
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM

Yes he did.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Partial
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
If they added Hawk, they would have a pretty respectable defense provided they give KP and MM snaps at KGBs spot.

If they added Davin Joseph and Eslinger, they have a solid offense line again. One of the better ones in the league, especially with the new running scheme.

Offense is balanced, and defense is good. They could be a pretty good team if they draft intelligently(not picking debrick to play him at guard or let him ride the pine)

GrnBay007
04-26-2006, 11:29 PM

Yes he did.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

lol good one!

OS PA
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Woodson wants to play, and he wants to play well. He has a huge chip on his shoulder, because he was a premiere cornerback for a few years and has dropped from that title due to injury, if he comes back from his injuries and plays a straight season he has the potential to be a beast. The whole thing with him wanting to play some at receiver makes me smile, because what it says it that he is a contender and wants to do anything to win, plus he has a little ego that'll drive him to play well. If he has reciever like hands he may create some turnovers for us.

If he pans out the Packers seem to have one of the most solid cornerback tandems in the league.

Harris / Woodson
Carrol / Hawkins (Nickel and Dime - both are could start and Carrol has two seasons started under his belt)

Sounds fine to me =).