PDA

View Full Version : McGahee blasts Buffalo!

Brando19
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
The Buffalo Bills traded running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens. In 2007, the Buffalo Bills plays the Baltimore Ravens.

And the game is scheduled to be played in Buffalo.

On the surface, the notion of McGahee heading back to Western New York doesn't have the same sex appeal as T.O.'s return to the Linc. But, by the time the game is played, the venom flowing from the local fans to their former star could eclipse the hatred that folks in Philly felt for Terrell Owens.

If, of course, McGahee continues to run his mouth.

"I couldn't wait to get out of there," McGahee told the Baltimore Sun regarding his former home. He fled after the season ended, and had no intention of returning.

When the trade to Baltimore went through, McGahee got his wish. "I was yelling and [stuff], running through the whole house, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'" McGahee said. "It was such a relief."

So what was the problem with Buffalo?

"Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I'm like, 'What the?' And, you know, the women . . . ."

What about the women, Willis? Please, elaborate. Because we can't wait to see the welcome that those women will provide when you come back, hopefully for a prime time game.

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," McGahee said of his status in Miami. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Frankly, there are far worse things McGahee could have been doing. We realize that most NFL players are young men who crave the adoration and all that that implies. But life is a lot more than hanging out in clubs and being surrounded by people who would never tell you anything you don't want to hear. The sooner that every NFL player understands this, the sooner we'll be able to quit tracking so many player arrests.

This was from PFT. I've never been to Buffalo, but I've been to Green Bay...and by guessing...I'd say Buffalo is a bigger place than Green Bay. I hate when guys blast their former cities like this. He's really biting the hand that fed him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Awwww, he couldn't go out every night and sleep with different women, and party his life away. I really feel for him, what a waste of a life. I'm sure gald I didn't get stuck playing football for millions of dollars in a city I don't even have to be in the whole year. What a loser.

MJZiggy
03-25-2007, 08:47 PM
You make a good point. He couldn't afford a puddle jumper to NYC??? He will do fine in Balto. Can't wait for the arrest reports...

(by the way, Applebees has got to be getting sick of NFL players complaining about their restaurants.)

motife
03-25-2007, 08:53 PM
‘Course, I can’t say I seen London, and I never been to France, and I ain’t never seen no queen in her damn undies as the fella says.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/movies/38497/38497_aj.jpg

gbpackfan
03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I think the Packers should have traded for him. He would have loved the night life in GB!

Seriously, the guy sounds like a child. Football doesn't seem to be his number 1 priority. And some should let him know that Baltimore isn't the party captial of the world either.

MJZiggy
03-25-2007, 09:00 PM
But it's got enough restaurants, strip clubs and loose women. He'll be fine

Patler
03-25-2007, 09:03 PM
McGahee must have attended the lecture by Ryan Longwell, "How to Burn Bridges When Leaving the Team That Took a Chance on You."

BallHawk
03-25-2007, 09:05 PM
.(by the way, Applebees has got to be getting sick of NFL players complaining about their restaurants.)

LOL! I know, they must be really shaking their heads at this. I don't think we'll see Applebees as the official restaurant of the NFL anytime soon. :D

In regards to McGahee, I hope he tears his ACL, MCL, and PCL. Sounds like a selfish, self-centered, immature asshole if you ask me.

Packers4Ever
03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Awwww, he couldn't go out every night and sleep with different women, and party his life away. I really feel for him, what a waste of a life. I'm sure gald I didn't get stuck playing football for millions of dollars in a city I don't even have to be in the whole year. What a loser.

I've got one word for him and it's spelled TACKY ! :violin:

GBRulz
03-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I think the Packers should have traded for him. He would have loved the night life in GB!

hahaha! yes, he would have a hard time deciding on which sports bar to go to!

Brando19
03-25-2007, 09:49 PM
You make a good point. He couldn't afford a puddle jumper to NYC??? He will do fine in Balto. Can't wait for the arrest reports...

(by the way, Applebees has got to be getting sick of NFL players complaining about their restaurants.)

Hahaha...Applebees gets blasted by NFL players, but the movie Talladegha Nights makes up for it.

gbpackfan
03-25-2007, 10:03 PM
So does the show FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS> They love that place!

esoxx
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
In regards to McGahee, I hope he tears his ACL, MCL, and PCL.

Didn't he already do that? Or are you hoping for the other knee? Re-tears perhaps?

mmmdk
03-26-2007, 01:58 AM
What a jerk!

MadtownPacker
03-26-2007, 02:01 AM
I had felt McGahee might be a good fit. That might have been true on the field but he has confirmed that he would have hated every minute of it off the field. Glad he wasnt traded for.

BallHawk
03-26-2007, 06:53 AM
I had felt McGahee might be a good fit. That might have been true on the field but he has confirmed that he would have hated every minute of it off the field. Glad he wasnt traded for.

Unless he's at a hot club with 4 groupies, one of whom with a hand in his pants, a couple bottles of Grey Goose, and he isn't within a 25 miles of an Applebees, Mr. McGahee will never be happy.

the_idle_threat
03-26-2007, 07:09 AM

Unless he's at a hot club with 4 groupies, one of whom with a hand in his pants, a couple bottles of Grey Goose, and he isn't within a 25 miles of an Applebees, Mr. McGahee will never be happy.

Substitute Korbel brandy and/or a nice scotch for the vodka, and I couldn't complain ... :D

LaFours
03-26-2007, 02:12 PM
McGahee must have attended the lecture by Ryan Longwell, "How to Burn Bridges When Leaving the Team That Took a Chance on You."

...and throwing Applebee's under the bus at the same time (as MJ initially alluded to).

swede
03-26-2007, 02:44 PM
McGahee and Longwell need to do some celebrity spots for Applebees.

Longwell: When you're out on the town and it ain't much of a town you can always do Applebees. They have food.

McGahee: (Coming up off a comely server for a breath of air) ...and waitresses!

The Leaper
03-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Mark Chmura didn't seem to have a problem finding the hotties...maybe McGahee just isn't looking in the right place.