PDA

View Full Version : umm, hello?

pacfan
03-31-2006, 09:59 AM
leave for a little bit and all sorts of business breaks out. I was wondering if this is where everybody migrated to? The JS board is so vacant with all sorts of messages of hackers and new message boards. I posted for awhile on the js boards, just not very often. St lou is on a serious rant back JS land.

Kinda feel like the exchange student in new school here; do you need an invite to join the group?

GBRulz
03-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Zig emailed me and said that CE got shut down. I don't know what happened as I haven't been around myself.

pacfan
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, Zig emailed me and said that CE got shut down. I don't know what happened as I haven't been around myself.

So there is another board?

dare I ask what caused the exodus?

jack's smirking revenge
03-31-2006, 10:33 AM
In a nutshell:

A fair number of us left JSO because of hackers. I was personally slandered and insulted on a couple occasions by the hacker. His post as "Chris Zuege" yesterday took the whole thing too far. He posted as my real name and using my picture. He posted comments that were not representative of me. He also created a thread "Michele the Felon" and posted derogatory and racist comments. I'm sure you'd be very interested in that, Michele, as he posted as you. I have screenshots of both.

Anyway, we all moved over to a Packer forum created by Upnorthfan within his Christian-Encourager site. The intent was to have a safer football chat away from the JSO chaos. In the midst of all of that, HH and Mad created Packer Rats, a place where we could talk without the controls placed on us at C-E. We were not allowed certain freedoms at that site due to its religious content. Over the last few weeks we've been talking about turning this into an actual Packer site with the Packer forum included. HH wanted to do a referendum, with UNF's sensitivities in mind the whole time, to see if we should take this site public. That meant we had to poll the football enthusiasts at CE. In order to do so, we had to invite them here to get their opinion, as we couldn't really talk about a "new football site" at C-E (even though UNF claims now that he would've been fine with it).

In a knee-jerk, emotional response to our activities, and because UNF says we backstabbed him for going the route we have talked about and because he thinks someone badmouthed C-E, he shut down the Packer forum on C-E.

That's the drama. By the way...welcome!

tyler

Guiness
03-31-2006, 10:41 AM
glad to see ya here pacfan.

Seems most posters that were at C-E are showing up here. Don't worry about the lack of topics here now - this site has only been busy the last couple of days since C-E shut down, so things'll heat up fast!

Homer Jay
03-31-2006, 11:01 AM
I was a semi-regular poster on JSO and occasionally on the CE forums. As I'm sure anyone who posted or read at JSO knows, the tone there got nastier and nastier as hackers began to infect the forums. I always tried to post with one rule in mind, "don't call anyone else stupid because you disagree with them." Lately I found myself breaking that rule, so I look forward to a fresh start.

One last thank you to UNF for giving us a chance to move on. I was worried from the beginning, because it was after all a religious site, and sometimes we do get a bit rambunctious as Packer fans.

Bring on the spirited debates!!!

pacfan
03-31-2006, 11:05 AM
In a nutshell:

A fair number of us left JSO because of hackers. I was personally slandered and insulted on a couple occasions by the hacker. His post as "Chris Zuege" yesterday took the whole thing too far. He posted as my real name and using my picture. He posted comments that were not representative of me. He also created a thread "Michele the Felon" and posted derogatory and racist comments. I'm sure you'd be very interested in that, Michele, as he posted as you. I have screenshots of both.

Anyway, we all moved over to a Packer forum created by Upnorthfan within his Christian-Encourager site. The intent was to have a safer football chat away from the JSO chaos. In the midst of all of that, HH and Mad created Packer Rats, a place where we could talk without the controls placed on us at C-E. We were not allowed certain freedoms at that site due to its religious content. Over the last few weeks we've been talking about turning this into an actual Packer site with the Packer forum included. HH wanted to do a referendum, with UNF's sensitivities in mind the whole time, to see if we should take this site public. That meant we had to poll the football enthusiasts at CE. In order to do so, we had to invite them here to get their opinion, as we couldn't really talk about a "new football site" at C-E (even though UNF claims now that he would've been fine with it).

In a knee-jerk, emotional response to our activities, and because UNF says we backstabbed him for going the route we have talked about and because he thinks someone badmouthed C-E, he shut down the Packer forum on C-E.

That's the drama. By the way...welcome!

tyler

thanks, so we don't need an invite to join? I thought I stumbled across a post indicating people were invited to join. So thats cool we don't, I was thinking that everybody forgot who I was (which they might have). St lou is ripping somebody over in JS land about a C-E thing (which now makes sense).

As for the other stuff, its just pure bullshit what people will do for attention. I really enjoyed the trash talking and the humor on the board, but posting personal information is just wrong. I would like to think that I don't have any secrets, but I don't need somebody to find out for me.

All this sounds like its in the past, right? Hopefully that previous business won't find its way here. This message board looks and runs nicely and I'm just now checking out the various threads. It took me this long to find you guys, it would simply suck to have to trek all over the place looking for a new place. It seems like all the old-school funny JS posters hang out here. I promise to mostly behave :smile:

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 11:12 AM
I promise to mostly behave :smile:Now what fun would that be?

MadtownPacker
03-31-2006, 11:13 AM
thanks, so we don't need an invite to join? I thought I stumbled across a post indicating people were invited to join. So thats cool we don't, I was thinking that everybody forgot who I was (which they might have). St lou is ripping somebody over in JS land about a C-E thing (which now makes sense).

As for the other stuff, its just pure bullshit what people will do for attention. I really enjoyed the trash talking and the humor on the board, but posting personal information is just wrong. I would like to think that I don't have any secrets, but I don't need somebody to find out for me.

All this sounds like its in the past, right? Hopefully that previous business won't find its way here. This message board looks and runs nicely and I'm just now checking out the various threads. It took me this long to find you guys, it would simply suck to have to trek all over the place looking for a new place. It seems like all the old-school funny JS posters hang out here. I promise to mostly behave :smile:

You can invite anyone you like. The only rule is no personal info and no trying to break the board.

Welcome

GBRulz
03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Actually Tyler, I don't give a shit what he posted about me. I haven't seen it, nor do I care to. if I can ignore it all, why can't everyone else do the same. I guess that's partly why I haven't been around much. People thrive too much on the drama.

jack's smirking revenge
03-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Actually Tyler, I don't give a shit what he posted about me. I haven't seen it, nor do I care to. if I can ignore it all, why can't everyone else do the same. I guess that's partly why I haven't been around much. People thrive too much on the drama.

You're right. I didn't post on JSO either. But when he started posting as my real name and used an actual picture of me, I worry about the hundreds to thousands of people who view that forum and can get the wrong impression of me, take the slander as truth. Some people have already commented on the "Chris" person from yesterday. I may have a future employer who visits the JSO site...or even a current. Who knows? All I know is that I have to keep tabs on that site because I have to protect myself. I'd love to ignore it and had been up until the other day.

tyler

Scott Campbell
03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
I always tried to post with one rule in mind, "don't call anyone else stupid because you disagree with them."

Here we try to use the more friendly term - moron. It's almost a term of affection.