PDA

View Full Version : Peterson is gonna fall

Partial
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
To 12. I say trade to San Fran and get him before the Bills do.

retailguy
03-26-2007, 12:37 PM
To 12. I say trade to San Fran and get him before the Bills do.

I say NO. He's got an injury history. He falls to 16, FINE, he doesn't, well too bad...

Partial
03-26-2007, 12:55 PM
as opposed to marshawn? I'd give up a second this year to take a chance on a guy that is the #2 rated player in the draft in terms of talent.

retailguy
03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
as opposed to marshawn? I'd give up a second this year to take a chance on a guy that is the #2 rated player in the draft in terms of talent.

No, it's not either/or. Someone will "fall" to 16 and will represent better value than giving up stuff to move up for Peterson, or Marshawn Lynch.

THIS IS WHY I'M SO PISSED ABOUT LOSING GREEN. Now we have a NEED that we didn't have before.... Now, even you, who thinks Morency is a "stud" sees the need.

We cannot draft in the first round using our "needs". I agree with Thompson there.

I'm very worried that our RB need WILL NOT get filled, either through the draft, or through some other "miracle".

Nice to see you finally "GET" my big picture... :idea: :wink:

GoPackGo
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
THIS IS WHY I'M SO PISSED ABOUT LOSING GREEN. Now we have a NEED that we didn't have before....

RB is a need with or without Ahman Green

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-26-2007, 03:48 PM
THIS IS WHY I'M SO PISSED ABOUT LOSING GREEN. Now we have a NEED that we didn't have before....

RB is a need with or without Ahman Green

Maybe, but not an immediate need. Now we might go into the season with no back. Rather have a loaded back field than no back field at all.

Partial
03-26-2007, 03:54 PM

No, it's not either/or. Someone will "fall" to 16 and will represent better value than giving up stuff to move up for Peterson, or Marshawn Lynch.

THIS IS WHY I'M SO PISSED ABOUT LOSING GREEN. Now we have a NEED that we didn't have before.... Now, even you, who thinks Morency is a "stud" sees the need.

We cannot draft in the first round using our "needs". I agree with Thompson there.

I'm very worried that our RB need WILL NOT get filled, either through the draft, or through some other "miracle".

Nice to see you finally "GET" my big picture... :idea: :wink:

What? If we had Ahman Green I would still insist on trading up to get Peterson. A 30 year old running back who has played in 2/3 of the games in recent history, the same percentage as David Martin, is NOT a solid starter. We need a guy either way. This way we're progressing instead of sticking with a stopgap like Green.

When you have a shot at the best running back to come out since LT, you pounce on him.

GoPackGo
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
PaCkFan_n_MD:
Green signed a four-year, $23 million deal. Would you really have been ok with Ted Thompson beating that offer to keep him? The RB situation is a mystery right now, but with the draft and the 2nd wave of free agency coming up, I'm cautiously optimistic

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-26-2007, 04:08 PM
PaCkFan_n_MD:
Green signed a four-year, $23 million deal. Would you really have been ok with Ted Thompson beating that offer to keep him? The RB situation is a mystery right now, but with the draft and the 2nd wave of free agency coming up, I'm cautiously optimistic

I agree that their is still lots of time to find a back, but I still think we should of kept Green. Besides the fact he is one of my all time favorite players, he is loyal, hardworking, and to me still has some gas in the tank. Is he worth 4 years 23 mil? I wouldn't want him for 4 years, but I'd be ok with that salary if it was something like 3 years 17-18 mil. What esle are we spending money on?

CaliforniaCheez
03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
The guy will rack up injuries like Davenport. The Packers should pass on him if there at 16.

He just looks like a bust of a pick. Lot's of potential that won't be met.

Joemailman
03-26-2007, 08:00 PM
There will be backs available in rounds 2-3 who could fit in very well in the Packer's offensive system. Trade down maybe, but not up.

OKC PackerFan
03-26-2007, 09:22 PM
The guy will rack up injuries like Davenport. The Packers should pass on him if there at 16.

He just looks like a bust of a pick. Lot's of potential that won't be met.

If AP happens to fall to 16 and TT doesn't take him, TT should be fired immediately and let some one else finish the draft.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
The best running back to come out since LT? According to whom? Wasn't Reggie Bush a much higher-rated prospect just a year ago? He was supposed to be the next Gale Sayers. The hype and player comparisons reach a ridiculous level this time of year.

I don't buy the hype on A.P. He has an injury history that can't be overlooked, and scouting reports note he has a high running style that makes him a target for more injuries. Part of the problem is that he's kind of tall to begin with for a halfback, which makes him a target to begin with, and the high running style makes it worse. I think he'll be the second coming of Chris Brown. If he's still there at 16, do everything you can to trade the pick. If that fails, let him keep falling.

TennesseePackerBacker
03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
The best running back to come out since LT? According to whom? Wasn't Reggie Bush a much higher-rated prospect just a year ago? He was supposed to be the next Gale Sayers. The hype and player comparisons reach a ridiculous level this time of year.

I don't buy the hype on A.P. He has an injury history that can't be overlooked, and scouting reports note he has a high running style that makes him a target for more injuries. Part of the problem is that he's kind of tall to begin with for a halfback, which makes him a target to begin with, and the high running style makes it worse. I think he'll be the second coming of Chris Brown. If he's still there at 16, do everything you can to trade the pick. If that fails, let him keep falling.

What a horrible comparison Chris Brown is and never was the prospect Adrian Peterson is and will become. Check the highlight tapes pal, for 3 years defenses keyed on him and only him because of a lack of passing attack.

The only thing I'm concerned about with AP is the wear already on his tires, and yes, maybe the injuries a bit,but this kid looks like a beast though, terminator-esqe.

Sadly, I highly doubt we'll ever have the chance to get AP.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I stand by the comparison. The proof will be in the pudding.

Last year at about this time I posted Vernon Davis=Mikhael Ricks, and so far it looks like I was too generous to Davis with that comparison.

GoPackGo
03-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I stand by the comparison. The proof will be in the pudding.

Last year at about this time I posted Vernon Davis=Mikhael Ricks, and so far it looks like I was too generous to Davis with that comparison.

Vernon Davis is going to have a breakout year this year. That being said, I'm still happy we drafted Hawk at #5

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 02:10 PM
If that happens I expect to eat my words. It's to be expected when making bold (and wildass) predictions.

But I've seen nothing out of Davis that would support your prediction, except that highlight vid on youtube that I've mentioned before showed the same handful of plays over and over.

What we have seen is that he already can't stay healthy. At least Ricks stayed in the lineup for 2 full seasons before injuries started dogging him.

Dune
03-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I keep hearing from the GB organization that they are happy with their TE's and RB'S

TE Bubba and 3 street free agents

RB Morancy and 2 street free agents

Does anyone have the feeling that we won't upgrade 1 of these positions.

BTW I thought I read somewhere that Morency ran the 40 around 4.65

If so he may have a good burst but he is small and slow for a tailback.

Reminds me of the KR/PR/Receiver GB drafted last year Small 4.69 40

Maybe what GB should do is do like they did when they drafted Javon Walker
trade up a get a first round value at a position of need. Walker cost a first and a second to move up but would have been worth it. You never know that you are going to have contract squabbles and if he was still on GB receiver would be a strong point on the team.

Partial
03-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Bush isn't a running back and wasn't drafted to be one. AD is the best pure runner in a long, long time. You'd be crazy to pass this guy up at 16. Crazy.

Bretsky
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
AD will be in the top 7 players drafted IMO. Green Bay would be insane to pass him up if he's there at sixteen. But they won't have to worry about him being there.

Joemailman
03-27-2007, 08:25 PM
If AP were there at #16, it would be a classic case of the best player on the board also being at a position of need. No way would TT pass on him. Not gonna happen though. I don't think either AP or Lynch will be available when the Packers pick.

Bretsky
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
If they stay healthy I'd bet there is about a five percent chance at best for AP being there and a 42.33% chance that Lynch is there.

Partial
03-27-2007, 08:57 PM
If they stay healthy I'd bet there is about a five percent chance at best for AP being there and a 42.33% chance that Lynch is there.

AP is gonna fall to 12.

Lets break it down:

Raiders: QB

Lions: Will either take Joe Thomas, Quinn, or trade down to 4

Cleveland: All but outright said they'll take Quinn. Q wants to play for them, too.

Tampa Bay: Calvin, or they will trade up to 2 to ensure they get him. Detroit would take Joe Thomas

Arizona: Just signed their back, so they will take Gaines Adams most likely.

Washington: No, they have no need for a running back with Betts and Portis

Minnesota: Nope, they have their back in chester taylor and are a match made in heaven for Laron Landry.

Falcons: Maybe, Warrick Dunn is 32, but they drafted Norwood in the third last year to be their back of the future. I would think they go DE since they lost Kerney and their is a ton of value there.

Miami: They have Ronnie Brown and need to get younger on the DL. I am thinking Branch or Okoye.

Texans: Just signed Green to be the starter. They could take Peterson though, because Green has maybe a year or two left.

Niners: They have a great young back in Frank Gore. No way do they draft a back.

Buffalo: They likely position of AP. He'll be gone here without question. And Buffalo will look like geniuses.

Thus, I say we trade up to 11. It would cost a 2nd in a weak draft. I'd do it in a second. This guy would make a bigger impact on our team next year than Mr. Moss.

Partial
03-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Also, if the Bills elect to go with a LB such as Willis, then Peterson will probably fall to us.

Rams: Have Stephen Jackson who led the league in rushing last year. They will probably be looking DL or WR.

Carolina: Maybe they would take Peterson, but they drafted an RB last year in the first. Can they justify taking one two years in a row? Possibly. But I think they'll take a long look at OLB or secondary help

Pittsburg: Peterson could go here, too. But Willy Parker put up 1500 yards last year. It certainly seems they're content going forward with him.

Green Bay: Needs an RB, Safety, Tight End.

ND72
03-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Also, if the Bills elect to go with a LB such as Willis, then Peterson will probably fall to us.

Peterson won't drop out of the top 10. Someone will, such as Atlanta, or even Houston, will say...eh..we have older backs, why not. He won't drop to us, not a chance.

Partial
03-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Peterson won't drop out of the top 10. Someone will, such as Atlanta, or even Houston, will say...eh..we have older backs, why not. He won't drop to us, not a chance.

I've seen a man have sex with a goat. I can literally say that i've seen crazier things than Peterson falling, so nothing would surprise me.

Like I said, Atlanta and Texas would be the teams to pick him up, but will they? I would say Atlanta won't because they think Norwood is their future. I don't think the Texans will because I think they will bring in Levi Brown, even if it is a little high.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2007, 10:45 PM
I've seen a man have sex with a goat.

Where is Murphy anyway?

run pMc
03-29-2007, 10:51 AM
I've seen a man have sex with a goat. I can literally say that i've seen crazier things than Peterson falling, so nothing would surprise me.

LMAO

I agree we need at least one if not two RB's, but I would be SHOCKED if TT traded up for Peterson. TT treats his picks like gold. Lynch is a strong possibilty to be availabley and might be a better fit for the WCO. Also, remember you supposedly don't need a 1st round stud RB to succeed with the ZBS.

TT does need to upgrade the talent there, though...and I think the Chris Brown comparisons are fair. Peterson is a very good college player, but I think he's got some injury tendencies and that will be tricky to overlook, especially if you want to plug him in as your starter for a 16+ game NFL season.

Guiness
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I've seen a man have sex with a goat.

Where is Murphy anyway?

I'd say New Zealand, but it's all sheep over there.