PDA

View Full Version : Who would you want the packers to play week1???

packers11
03-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I was wondering, would you want the packers to play the Bears or another "top team" in week 1 to see where we stand...

Or would you rather have the Packers play the Lions/Vikings early to get warmed up because they usually have "slow starts"...

Personally after the 26-0 season opener, I hope the packers play the Raiders week 1... For some reason the packers just aren't a good team in September... :?

CaliforniaCheez
03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Opening game at the Metrodome. Get that game out of the way and go 1-0 in the division, 1-0 in the conference and put the vikings in the hole.

That is the vikings big game; their superbowl. With it out of the way they have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season.

CaptainKickass
03-26-2007, 08:22 PM
I say - I would want to see the week 1 game at Lambeau against Da Bears.

It's a good way to kick off the season and a nice test for both teams to see who could have/is gonna have "IT" for the remainder of the season.

You gotta start off fast in the NFL - and with the opponents who are on the yet to be released schedule, I'd like to see us get "hot" early and face all of the tougher opponents (according to last years standings)early. Then depending on when we get the bye week - it should make for a more interesting later portion of the season.

Even if we loose some early, I forsee the wins coming easier to us again later in the season. If the later part of the season is less difficult, at least then the action will pick up. If we do get hot and win a bunch early, then we would have the advantage when it gets toward playoff time.

Nice topic BTW.

The Shadow
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
In a perfect world, I'd like the Vikings & Bears to come visiting us when the tundra is frozen.
Since we play the Lions on Thanksgiving, I don't really think they will come visiting in Dec.
I suppose the Redskins, Raiders, or Lions would be good choices. Not only do they seem to provide a reasonable chance at starting the season with a win - we may gain an immediate edge on the Bears, who face a daunting task versus the Chargers to open things up.

Brando19
03-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Opening game vs the Raiders, followed by the Skins, then the Lions. 3-0 ain't a bad way to start! :D

Bretsky
03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Opening game vs the Raiders, followed by the Skins, then the Lions. 3-0 ain't a bad way to start! :D

Agree; it would be great to get off to a quick start

ecwiscott
03-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Well we won't have to wait much longer to find out who the Packers play in Week 1. Adam Schefter on the NFL network tonight said the FULL NFL schedule will be released next week. :)

mmmdk
03-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I want the Chiefs or Broncos on the road, no more cupcake games, it's been ages since Packers last beat a tough team on the road. To add insult to the matter; it's been even longer since Packers had any winning success at Lambeau. To be the best you gotta beat the best - it's as simple as that. The Raiders & Lions of the NFL!? You gotta beat them too but if you're clutching at straws to get to "easy" wins then that's just water to my mill; Packers ain't nowhere near being a playoff candidate - not as of now. A bonafide grade A+ draft is all we can hope for, not another grade D draft like 2005.

Merlin
03-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I would want the either the easiest game or the hardest game first. Right now, that look to be the Lions at home for the easiest and probably the Bears (going by last few seasons) at home as the hardest. We have a recent history of sucking the first 4 games or so.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Can eliminate two more teams....

Lions | Team will likely start 2007 season at Oakland
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:59:31 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of The Detroit News, reports the Detroit Lions will likely open their 2007 season on the road against the Oakland Raiders Sept. 9.