PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers haters....

imscott72
03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
McCarthy sets Arod haters straight.... :D

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=582302

Pacopete4
03-27-2007, 01:49 AM
set us straight?.. he sucked when we drafted him, he sucked in the 1st year, he sucked worse last year, and he will suck again if he comes in a game or succeeds favre.. we are looking at Alex Smith Jr.. awesome..

Brandon494
03-27-2007, 02:05 AM
Pacote, shut the hell up, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Kiwon
03-27-2007, 05:26 AM
Rodgers is in a tough spot. He's not gotten to play much and when he has he hasn't distinguished himself. However, he's got a lot of practice in and should know the offense inside and out.

Performing well during the preseason games in the Fall probably will be critical for his career as a Packer.

Bretsky
03-27-2007, 07:22 AM
my only comment is with all the chatter, what else is McCarthy suppose to say ? I have no idea if he will be good or bad, but any coach would send this message.

cpk1994
03-27-2007, 07:53 AM
my only comment is with all the chatter, what else is McCarthy suppose to say ? I have no idea if he will be good or bad, but any coach would send this message.
He doesn't have to say anything. I mean there was no reason for him to make the comments at all.

CaliforniaCheez
03-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Back when Matt Hassleback was labeled "Mr. August" you could feel very comfortable about the QB situation. Matt Schaub just got his big chance to move from highly regarded back up to starter.

Rodgers is still at the 3rd QB stage where he is still learning the NFL game and how to play QB in the NFL. The learning curve is a little longer than we like but fortunately he has not been rushed along like Alex Smith.

A different choice with that #1 pick would have been more practical. Craig Nall was further along in his developement at the time. So to date Rodgers has not improved the team but taken resources from other areas.

This will be his third clipboard season. I am hoping to see some returns on the investment. Maybe Rodgers can run a 2 minute drill competently for the first time in August. I hope he can get up to the level of production of Craig Nall.

I would like to see him establish a good reputation as a QB. I hope he is able to do so. He must demonstrate some progress when he gets some playing time.

wist43
03-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Puff piece... I rarely read them anymore - you know the mantra... every player in G&G is the "next coming..."

I'm convinced the guy isn't a player.

vince
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
"He knows how we feel about him. We're not blind to the fact that you're always trying to improve through player acquisition. But Aaron Rodgers, I think he has a bright future here. He's going to take over one of the toughest situations ever (succeeding Favre). It's my job and Tom Clements' job and Joe Philbin's job to get him ready."
Not much fluff there. I'd say that's pretty direct and to the point. That's the most direct statement by Mike McCarthy he could possibly make.

People who believe Rodgers sucks dismiss these reports as fluff. Those who believe he has potential put credence in them. But regardless of which side of the fence you're personally on, you can't legitimately deny that McCarthy hasn't made his opinion clear.

It's an incredible stretch to say that McCarthy believes anything other than what comes out of his mouth - especially when it's as clear-cut as this.

I don't think anyone can mistake what is said there. Mike McCarthy believes Aaron Rodgers has a bright future, and that he is the heir-apparent to Brett Favre. What else could he possibly say that would be any more clear?

To speculate that he's lying to the media because TT is forcing his hand is a stretch to say the least, and if that were the case, I don't think he'd be as direct as he was with this reporter.

GBRulz
03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I haven't felt comfortable with our backup QB since Nall held that spot. I agree 100% with Kiwon in that Rodgers really needs to have an outstanding pre-season this year.

gureski
03-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I knew someone would bring up Nall. It's like a disease that wont go away.

I'd like to know how many of the fans that hate Rodgers are the same fans that love Nall? Then, I'd like that crew to explain to me how they can hold such a stance? How can you blindly follow one guy who had proven so little while trashing another player that has a bright resume?

Just coming out of college, Rodgers had more experience and had flashed more ability then Nall had during all his collegiate and pro career but for some reason fans love Nall and hate Rodgers. It's ridiculous. And please, don't challenge me on this. It's based on fact, not opinion. Nall bombed out in college and had to go to Division I-AA just to get a starting gig and even there he only played one year. Rodgers was an accomplished passer at a major Division I-A school and was a candidate for the #1 overall selection in the draft along with Alex Smith. Nall was a 5th rounder. There is no comparing resumes or experience. Rodgers will get his shot to show what he's worth on the field. As it stands today, he's already done more then Nall in his pro career because unlike Craig Nall, Rodgers has already EARNED and spent two entire seasons at the #2 QB position for an NFL team. That's something Nall has yet to do.

Bottom line is that I wish some fans would give Rodgers half the lee-way and patience they gave Craig Nall. Just half or even one fourth! Rodgers is unproven thus far in the pro's. That's not a crime or an indictment that he stinks. Good things have been said about Rodgers practice habits and abilities and NO, it's not being said just because people have to say it. Many of the comments I'm referring to come out in blogs or from unidentified sources or even reporters who watch practice. These are not people going on record about the guy in situations where they'll cause problems if they don't toe the team line. These are people that will not have negative repercussions for what they're saying. Some have no ulterior motives to lie.

It's genuinely possible that Rodgers is okay. It's also possible that he may never amount to anything. We wont know til he gets his chance produce. Think of all the patience and promise Nall got while he was here and then tell me Rodgers is being treated fairly by some fans?

Zool
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Rodgers has also gone through 2 HC and OC in his 2 years in the league. Its obvious that the MM WCO is different than the Sherm WCO.

To say Aaron Rodgers will not be good based on preseason games and some mop-up duty is short sighted. Let the kid learn. GM's dont hold on to players who cant play. Rodgers would have been easy to cut last offseason and this one. His escellators dont take effect until next season IIRC.

LL2
03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I agree with Gureski and Zool. Do those that hate Rodgers really know anything about judging a QB ability with such little to go on? I will take M3’s word as he has worked with Jake Delhomme and Aaron Brooks. Brooks had his best years when he was with M3. We are armchair QB’s not experienced QB talent evaluators like M3. Who else would you want? David Carr? If he’s so good why hasn’t he signed with a new team yet? I bet if ARod was released he would be signed by a new team faster.

GBRulz
03-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't hate Rodgers. I think the reason more people might be down on him is because he was a 1st round pick, even possible that he could have been the #1 overall pick at one point. Which obviously comes with higher standards and he's much easier to label as a bust than a later round pick like Nall.

HarveyWallbangers
03-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I saw improvement in Rodgers play last preseason. People forget that. What passer rating does 22 for 38 for 323 yards with 3 TDs and 1 interception equate to?

mmmdk
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I'll give McCarthy that it's way too early to dump Rodgers. Rodgers is playing the most difficult position in football and I've got 3 dvd games from Rodgers college time - I keep reminding myself how talented the kid is. He's got the tools but you'll never know untill he's had a season or two under his belt (in the NFL), whether he'll good or bad.

Packnut
03-27-2007, 11:15 AM
The whole Rodgers thing comes down to what people have seen without evaluating the reasons for it. First off, no matter what anyone says, Rodgers has done nothing in his pre-season games to give any indication of how good he is. I mean, think about it. Has there even been one throw where we sat back and said, "wow nice pass"? He does what almost EVERY in-experienced QB does. He locks on to his primary and takes off running far to early.

Now on the flip side, let's remember he plays with guys who pretty much suck. The Packers have had a hard enough time finding quality starters let alone back-ups with any talent. Most of the time, Rodgers has had no pass protection. He certainly has had no run game.

I would argue the Falcons second and third stringers have much more talent which make a guy like Schaub look head and shoulders better than Rodgers.

What I'm anxious to see is if Rodgers has learned his lesson. Taking off and running is a recipe for injury. Just ask Vick, Cullpepper, and McNabb to name a few. This pre-season should tell us a lot about Mr Rodgers...

Merlin
03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I agree that this pre-season "should" tell us a lot. However, it isn't like he was playing with scrubs every time he hits the field. It's completely the opposite. He always hits the field with the #1 offense first. Martin and Nall were relegated to the scrubs and even though they had a tough go at it, you could see signs of life. With Rodgers there are no signs of life. Maybe Favre makes our offensive line look good. Even at his age he is still pretty good at feeling the pressure and adjusting/escaping.

Maybe it is taking "longer" than normal for him to get the game down. That's scary to me as well because he doesn't look the part on the field. He doesn't look like he is the field general and that alone is the number one thing a quarterback has to have.

Rodgers needs to prove something and something quick or all we will get for him is a cup of coffee.

swede
03-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow!

Gureski!

You must have a red Nall phone that rings whenever someone says something nice about Craig Nall. "To the Ratt Cave! Someone is talking stoopid sh!t about Nall again, Robin." lol

I'll agree with you that Rodgers has a much finer pedigree than Nall.

I simply don't see the leadership that even an average quarterback like Matt Hasselbeck showed when he was with us. And I did see a foot bone get snapped on his first chance to relieve Favre.

I'm not a Rodgers hater. He's too vanilla flavored to dislike.

There is a reason not to be suprised if he is the quarterback of the future:
They keep him around and talk nicely about him.

There is a reason not to be surprised if he isn't: When you back up Favre pre-season is your only chance to get your picture taken on the field and get talked about. There's not much to talk about.

oregonpackfan
03-27-2007, 12:12 PM
It is possible that Rodgers may be a "Late Bloomer" in terms of his development.

Some of us older fans remember how Steve Young appeared to be a terrible QB when he was thrown into the position of starting QB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At the time, Tampa was an inexperience, expansion team and was one of the worst teams in the NFL. As a new QB, Young floundered.

Young ended up with the 49'ers and sat on the bench for a couple of years watching Joe Montana play the position.

When his chance came, Young thrived eventually "Blooming" into becoming an all-Pro QB.

I am not saying Rodgers will necessarily follow Young's path nor am I saying that Rodgers will be a failure. The bottom line is that the guy needs more time for the team to fully assess his abilities.

Packnut
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I agree that this pre-season "should" tell us a lot. However, it isn't like he was playing with scrubs every time he hits the field. It's completely the opposite. He always hits the field with the #1 offense first. Martin and Nall were relegated to the scrubs and even though they had a tough go at it, you could see signs of life. With Rodgers there are no signs of life. Maybe Favre makes our offensive line look good. Even at his age he is still pretty good at feeling the pressure and adjusting/escaping.

Maybe it is taking "longer" than normal for him to get the game down. That's scary to me as well because he doesn't look the part on the field. He doesn't look like he is the field general and that alone is the number one thing a quarterback has to have.

Rodgers needs to prove something and something quick or all we will get for him is a cup of coffee.

Our 1st string has'nt had a whole lot of talent either. Remember, our o-line has sucked for 2 straight years. Now before you Colledge, Spitz lovers jump all over me, I'm talking about what we actually saw last season, not about what could be. Both Favre and Rodgers had zero pass protection the last couple of pre-seasons.

digitaldean
03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree at the beginning struggled, but overall I think they did well.

The O-line was third in the league in sacks allowed per pass play and we ranked 9th in overall offense.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/01/15/1/

pbmax
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Can I nominate this for Post of The Day?!

And can someone get to work on a Nall Phone avatar for Gureski?

Wow!

Gureski!

You must have a red Nall phone that rings whenever someone says something nice about Craig Nall. "To the Ratt Cave! Someone is talking stoopid sh!t about Nall again, Robin." lol

Packnut
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM

The O-line was third in the league in sacks allowed per pass play and we ranked 9th in overall offense.

Ya gotta remember they were in max protect most of the time so that ranking is meaning-less. MM will use less of that this season so we'll get a better idea of where they stand. Logic dictates they should improve. How much is anyone's guess.

pbmax
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Agreed. Someone should ask Bubba Franks about Max Protect and chances to catch the ball. And then get ready to duck.

Ya gotta remember they were in max protect most of the time so that ranking is meaning-less. MM will use less of that this season so we'll get a better idea of where they stand. Logic dictates they should improve. How much is anyone's guess.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Max protect might affect the sack pct. but it doesn't make the 9th overall offense any less impressive. Especially with division games against the likes of Chicago and Minnesota who had very tough defenses.

Packnut
03-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Max protect might affect the sack pct. but it doesn't make the 9th overall offense any less impressive. Especially with division games against the likes of Chicago and Minnesota who had very tough defenses.

Contrary to what some around here claim, you can thank Mr Favre for that. Patler and vince will tell you that there is no difference between Favre-2005 and Favre 2006.

Pacopete4
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
he just sucks.. he woulda been a great 7th round pick for out #3 QB of the future making league minimum.. hes a product of the system at Cal, we shoulda passed on him like 3/4 of the league did but hinsight is 20/20

Packnut
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
he just sucks.. he woulda been a great 7th round pick for out #3 QB of the future making league minimum.. hes a product of the system at Cal, we shoulda passed on him like 3/4 of the league did but hinsight is 20/20

Someday we'll find out one way or the other. I just hope it's a few years from now!

retailguy
03-27-2007, 12:54 PM

Max protect is a big reason Bubba had an off year. It remains to be seen at how over the hill he really is. That being said, what makes those who "believe" the 9th offensive ranking right? Have you forgotton the teams GB played last season? Have you forgotton the "threat" that Ahman Green provided opposing defenses? Have you forgotton 200+ rushing yards against AZ? Stats can be easily manipulated.

2 seasons ago, some raved about Bates' defense and some didn't. Those that didn't invariably pointed to the lack of quality of opposing offenses. There was some merit to that.

Additionally, last season Minnesota had a HORRIBLE offense. Yet they had a very good defense. Now we're pointing to our offense improving based upon what they did against Minnesota. However, what impact does it have on the defense when the offense can't do it's job? Doesn't it stand to reason that patience will eventually win that matchup, even when the defense is better than the offense? The ineptitude of the Minnesota offense impacted the manner in which the defense plays. We won the lambeau game by a score of 9-7. The Minnesota offense played inexplicably HORRIBLE. The Packers should have LOST that game, but didn't because Minnesota couldn't score on offense.

Pointing to that game and using it to justify the 9th overall ranking is really shortsighted. Forgetting the impact Ahman Green had on this offense and the manner in which defenses game plan for that offense is shortsighted. Ignoring the "impact" of max protect and stating that the OL is going to be much improved is also shortsighted.

There is no definitive "proof" that the OL has improved. The schedule "down the stretch" last season was not difficult. The Minnesota game probably provided the toughest challenge, I was at that game, in the front row, and it was NOT PRETTY. Chicago got put on their heels early and never got back in the game. Their DL was also pretty beat up that game. Not a fair test either. Next season gives us the 2nd place schedule. Much tougher and much better defenses will be faced in 2007 than in 2006. Look at the matchups. They worry me. A LOT.

You guys are drinking WAY TOO much kool-aid. Hope you're right, don't get me wrong, but there are too many IF's for me to feel comfortable.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Contrary to what some around here claim, you can thank Mr Favre for that. Patler and vince will tell you that there is no difference between Favre-2005 and Favre 2006.

I agree that Favre had a lot to do with it, but I also agree with the notion that there is no (or very little) difference between Favre's ability in 2005 and in 2006. Favre has declined from what he was ten years ago in his MVP years, but he's still good enough on most days to elevate the offense. He was awful in some games in 2006 (such as the New England game before he got hurt), just as he was in some games in 2005.

I think the big difference between 2005 and 2006 for Favre was that when he was stuck with no receivers in 2005, Sherman let him do whatever he wanted to try and make plays, which resulted in a lot of picks. In 2006, McCarthy kept him more under control, even though at the end of the year he had nobody to throw to again except Driver. That, and the defense stepped up down the stretch against the string of weak opponents, so Favre didn't have to win games by himself.

woodbuck27
03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I saw improvement in Rodgers play last preseason. People forget that. What passer rating does 22 for 38 for 323 yards with 3 TDs and 1 interception equate to?

RE: Aaron Rodgers

and haters? What does that mean?

Does anyone hate Aaron Rodgers?

These are his two season stat's :

They arn't pretty.It would be fair for anyone to doubt his ability to QB the Packers.

A QB Rating of 43.9 ?

ZERO TD's passing and rushing. Questions his productivity

Tackled 6 times for a loss of 46 yards seems to mean that he stays in the pocket.

Three (3) fumbles and three (3) fumbles lost means there is a question of him being able to protect the ball.

# 12 Aaron Rodgers Position: QB Height: 6-2 Weight: 223
Born: 12/02/1983 College: California NFL Experience: 3

Passing
Year Team.. G.. GS. Att C Pct.. Yds.. YPA. Lg. TD. Int.Tkld. 20+. 40+. Rate
05 Packers.. 3... 0.. 16..9.56.3.65.. 4.06. 16.. 0.. 1. 3/28... 0..... 0.... 39.8
06 Packers.. 2... 0.. 15..6.0.0.. 46.. 3.07. 16.. 0.. 0. 3/18... 0.... 0.... 48.2
TOTAL...... 5... 0... 31.15 48. 111. 3.58. 16.. 0.. 1. 6/46... 0... 0..... 43.9

Rushing
Year Team.. G.. GS.. Att.. Yds.. Avg.. Lg.. TD.. 20+.. 1st
05 Packers.. 3... 0.... 2.... 7.... 3.5.... 8.... 0.... 0..... 1
06 Packers.. 2 ...0.... 2... 11... 5.5.... 6.... 0.... 0..... 1
TOTAL...... 5... 0.... 4... 18.... 4.5... 8.... 0..... 0.... 2

Fumbles
Year Team G.. Fum.. Lost
05 Packers 3.... 2...... 2
06 Packers 2.... 1...... 1
TOTAL.... 5.... 3...... 3

Pacopete4
03-27-2007, 01:24 PM
i dont hate the guy, i think he is in a crap situation.. but i do think hes a very poor QB. I think he came into a draft where there really was no QB talent coming out which is why he was pushed so high. So big deal, he seems like a nice guy.. we made a mistake.. end it now before we really do get in too deep. Some day we will thank Favre for stayin these extra years when we really see how bad we would have had it

BobDobbs
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I have to say that I don't think he will be a player of any quality. HOWEVER, TT really must see something in him. Sentimentalism will get a GM fired. TT's job counts on building a team that can win in the twilight of Favre's career and beyond. If he doesn't think that A rod is a real deal backup he would need to look at a replacement.
I guess it will be telling if they draft a QB on the first day.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I'll address your more coherent points ...

[W]hat makes those who "believe" the 9th offensive ranking right? Have you forgotton the teams GB played last season? Have you forgotton the "threat" that Ahman Green provided opposing defenses? Have you forgotton 200+ rushing yards against AZ? Stats can be easily manipulated.

I'm not sure I "believe" the 9th-overall ranking ... whatever that means ... but I found it surprising and impressive, given the expectations of ruin because we didn't sign a bunch of veteran offensive linemen like Damien Woody and LeCharles Bentley. And when an offense spends so much time in max protect, this takes away receiving options, which should stunt the team's ranking rather than enhance it. I think 9th overall in yards per game is impressive, given expectations and the offensive line situation.

The stats have not been "manipulated"... they are simply raw numbers in yards per game. You could reasonably argue that scoring offense is a better measure than yards per game, because teams win by scoring points rather than tallying yards. But you didn't make that reasonable argument ...

Minnesota had a HORRIBLE offense. Yet they had a very good defense. Now we're pointing to our offense improving based upon what they did against Minnesota. However, what impact does it have on the defense when the offense can't do it's job? Doesn't it stand to reason that patience will eventually win that matchup, even when the defense is better than the offense? The ineptitude of the Minnesota offense impacted the manner in which the defense plays. We won the lambeau game by a score of 9-7. The Minnesota offense played inexplicably HORRIBLE. The Packers should have LOST that game, but didn't because Minnesota couldn't score on offense.

Pointing to that game and using it to justify the 9th overall ranking is really shortsighted.

What are you talking about? The Minnesota game SUPPORTS my point! If we can have games like that, where our offense plays a tough defense and scores few points, plus be shut out by the Bears in the opener and by New England (another top ten defense), and STILL average 9th in the league in total yards per game, then the offense must have done pretty damn well in the other games. And they must have been better than some of us thought if they ended up 9th overall in total offense. That's all I was commenting on.

Forgetting the impact Ahman Green had on this offense and the manner in which defenses game plan for that offense is shortsighted. Ignoring the "impact" of max protect and stating that the OL is going to be much improved is also shortsighted.

There is no definitive "proof" that the OL has improved. The schedule "down the stretch" last season was not difficult. The Minnesota game probably provided the toughest challenge, I was at that game, in the front row, and it was NOT PRETTY. Chicago got put on their heels early and never got back in the game. Their DL was also pretty beat up that game. Not a fair test either. Next season gives us the 2nd place schedule. Much tougher and much better defenses will be faced in 2007 than in 2006. Look at the matchups. They worry me. A LOT.

You are reading WAY too much into what I wrote. I was surprised and impressed to learn that the Packers ranked so high in total offense last season. That's all. I was making NO predictons about how they will do this season. Obviously this is a new season with a different roster.

Believe it or not, I'm also concerned about who will replace Green's production in the lineup, because even though his numbers were not out of this world, he ran with explosion and toughness in a way that the other guys on the roster haven't shown they can. But there's a lot of time before the end of training camp. There will be guys available who can bring that single missing dimension to our running game.

You guys are drinking WAY TOO much kool-aid. Hope you're right, don't get me wrong, but there are too many IF's for me to feel comfortable.

You need to relax big time. Being a football fan is supposed to be fun. If the only way you can have fun is to see your team do EXACTLY what YOU, as a railbird fan, think the team should do, then I suggest that you give up on real football and switch to playing Madden.

imscott72
03-29-2007, 09:31 AM

Rediculous..Guess you should be coaching the team insteam of MM... :roll:

imscott72
03-29-2007, 09:41 AM
he just sucks...

lmfao...Thanks for backing that statement up with facts..While your at it, throw in your credentials so we know what gives you the qualifications to judge professional QB talent...

imscott72
03-29-2007, 09:45 AM

RE: Aaron Rodgers

and haters? What does that mean?

Does anyone hate Aaron Rodgers?

These are his two season stat's :

They arn't pretty.It would be fair for anyone to doubt his ability to QB the Packers.

A QB Rating of 43.9 ?

ZERO TD's passing and rushing. Questions his productivity

Tackled 6 times for a loss of 46 yards seems to mean that he stays in the pocket.

Three (3) fumbles and three (3) fumbles lost means there is a question of him being able to protect the ball.

No comment deserved here...

imscott72
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM

You need to relax big time. Being a football fan is supposed to be fun. If the only way you can have fun is to see your team do EXACTLY what YOU, as a railbird fan, think the team should do, then I suggest that you give up on real football and switch to playing Madden.[/quote]

:lol:

Guiness
03-29-2007, 10:27 AM

Easy Scott - he's entitled to his opinion w/o being slammed for it. Wist is our well know resident skeptic/pessimist, so it's not like this is out of character.

There's been too many insults bandied around here lately; it's changing the mood of the board. :(

Rastak
03-29-2007, 10:34 AM

Easy Scott - he's entitled to his opinion w/o being slammed for it. Wist is our well know resident skeptic/pessimist, so it's not like this is out of character.

There's been too many insults bandied around here lately; it's changing the mood of the board. :(

I noticed that also.

vince
03-29-2007, 10:38 AM
There's been too many insults bandied around here lately; it's changing the mood of the board. :(Guiness,

I think it may have started when I became fed up with Packnut a week back or so and I fought back. Packnut attacked me a while back and when he began to attack Patler, I jumped in with both guns blazing.

I apologize for any part I had in this, and I will back off.

To Packnut and Merlin, I apologize.

I still think that everyone should keep their egos in check regarding the belief that their opinions are the ONLY opinion that any intelligent person could arrive at, but to the extent that I've played a part in the mood change, I will back down and move on.

GBRulz
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Do I need to start sharing my pills with some of you??? :lol:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/Katieboo4x/midol.jpg

retailguy
03-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I'll address your more coherent points ...

Yes, this helps change the "mood" of the board. Weren't you "preaching" for calm the other day? I guess it's only if YOU feel there needs to be calm. Also, it sets up my opinion as "minority" and therefore ridiculous.

There's a word for you, it begins with "H" and has nine letters....

You need to relax big time. Being a football fan is supposed to be fun. If the only way you can have fun is to see your team do EXACTLY what YOU, as a railbird fan, think the team should do, then I suggest that you give up on real football and switch to playing Madden.

Never played a game of Madden in my life. Watching the Packers is always fun, even when they lose, but much more fun when they win.

Looking at things before the season starts, with NO running back, many other holes, and a plan most of us cannot figure out is NOT FUN.

Might be better if there was some acknowledgement from the Front Office that this process was going on, that they had a plan, and it was progressing. What we're hearing is that we ARE NOT REBUILDING and all is fine, and WE'RE COMPETITIVE...

I don't believe it, and I hope I'm wrong... But, if I'm not, I'll be only too delighted to tell you that you were wrong..

wist43
03-29-2007, 10:51 AM

I noticed that also.

This is great board... good tenor, good debate. There seems to be relatively few teenagers in here - I'd imagine most of our regular posters are over 25 years of age; so the maturity of the regulars keeps things in line.

I know we have a few younger guys in here as well... but, they too, tend to be very mature in their attitudes. It speaks well of them.

Where you get into trouble is when you get teenagers/early twenties kids that aren't capable of engaging in debate... we don't have many of those, thankfully.

Sadly, the "art" of debate is dying in our society... it's alive and well in here though.

the_idle_threat
03-29-2007, 12:02 PM

Honorable?

:oops:

You flatter me! :wink:

imscott72
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Too all the posters, if I came off harsh I apologize. I do respect everyone's opinion even if I don't understand them. I'll will attempt to use a softer tone in the future.

woodbuck27
03-29-2007, 12:52 PM
There's been too many insults bandied around here lately; it's changing the mood of the board. :(Guiness,

I think it may have started when I became fed up with Packnut a week back or so and I fought back. Packnut attacked me a while back and when he began to attack Patler, I jumped in with both guns blazing.

I apologize for any part I had in this, and I will back off.

To Packnut and Merlin, I apologize.

I still think that everyone should keep their egos in check regarding the belief that their opinions are the ONLY opinion that any intelligent person could arrive at, but to the extent that I've played a part in the mood change, I will back down and move on.

Vince:

You are certainly a well respected poster here.

One of the best to back yourself up and be consistent in your faith of Packer management.

I certainly have learned from you Vince. Respect you as a Packer fan with alot more than attack in you.

When it gets a wee bit testy, is whenever any member here decides to pull the bully BS. That tactic deserves whatever response a victim of such bullying may feel and demonstrate.

None the less. There comes a time when someone has to let go of it and demonstrate good manners. This is a forum and what a boreing place it would be if we all agreed on issues.

I believe we can try to do this without insult and namecalling.

Sparkey
03-29-2007, 02:16 PM

Based upon the above numbers, 101.09

KYPack
03-29-2007, 04:22 PM

Honorable?

:oops:

You flatter me! :wink:

Hophead?
Horemonger?
Horticulture?

Hassshole?

the_idle_threat
03-29-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL @ Hassshole!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:?

Humongous?

Harlequin?

Herbivore?

AtlPackFan
03-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Ahhhh...now isn't this nice. Everyone playing nice. Ok, C'mon people...everyone together. Group hug, group hug!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bretsky
03-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Do I need to start sharing my pills with some of you??? :lol:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/Katieboo4x/midol.jpg

I LIKE LEVITRA, BUT I HAD TO CALL THE DOC ABOUT THAT SIDE EFFECT THAT THEY DISCUSS ON TV

CHICKS DUG THAT :lol:

esoxx
03-29-2007, 06:05 PM
LOL @ Hassshole!!!

David Hasselhoff?

the_idle_threat
03-30-2007, 12:30 AM
LOL @ Hassshole!!!

David Hasselhoff?

No need to be nasty about it ... :P

:lol:

mmmdk
03-30-2007, 02:11 AM
From Cliff Christl's last forum chat (and it says it all):

Q: mike of wayne - Cliff - Mike McCarthy was quoted the other day as saying that the Packers are counting on Robert Ferguson to compete for the No. 2 or 3 wide receiver job. To me, this is the ultimate example of holding on to a guy who can't play and/or settling for mediocrity. What gives? Do MM and TT honestly expect to score points relying on stiffs like Herron, Fergy and Franks? Thanks for all your great work and best of luck!

A: Cliff Christl - I don't get it either. I don't see what they see in Ferguson. Plus, he's always hurt. Coaches who bank on players like that usually don't last long.

KYPack
03-30-2007, 07:33 AM

Q: mike of wayne - Cliff - Mike McCarthy was quoted the other day as saying that the Packers are counting on Robert Ferguson to compete for the No. 2 or 3 wide receiver job. To me, this is the ultimate example of holding on to a guy who can't play and/or settling for mediocrity. What gives? Do MM and TT honestly expect to score points relying on stiffs like Herron, Fergy and Franks? Thanks for all your great work and best of luck!

A: Cliff Christl - I don't get it either. I don't see what they see in Ferguson. Plus, he's always hurt. Coaches who bank on players like that usually don't last long.

Wow, Cliffy's last comment and I totally agree with it!

Somehow, that's a good way to end the whole thing.

Bretsky
03-30-2007, 07:42 AM

Wow, Cliffy's last comment and I totally agree with it!

Somehow, that's a good way to end the whole thing. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

End the Misery
:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

gureski
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM

I noticed that also.

This is great board... good tenor, good debate. There seems to be relatively few teenagers in here - I'd imagine most of our regular posters are over 25 years of age; so the maturity of the regulars keeps things in line.

I know we have a few younger guys in here as well... but, they too, tend to be very mature in their attitudes. It speaks well of them.

Where you get into trouble is when you get teenagers/early twenties kids that aren't capable of engaging in debate... we don't have many of those, thankfully.

Sadly, the "art" of debate is dying in our society... it's alive and well in here though.

I want to chime in with something that is important and often overlooked when forums reach this point where civility is questioned. DO NOT let your emotions take over. If someone has put themself into a position where they're getting some aggression then DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME they don't deserve that treatment. Too many times people start feeling sorry for a guy who put himself in a rough spot and right away they start pointing the finger at the people who are merely hitting back.

DO NOT mistake people getting what's coming to them for other people being disrespectful. I've said over and over during the past month that some people were tying themselves to failure with their stance on certain issues. I then stated that those that did that were destined to hang from that same rope. If you put yourself out there on a stance that is lacking logic and cannot convince others of your opinion then you should expect some rough treatment. It's part of the process! It's what drives these forums. If nobody was ever called on things they said that were wrong or lacking logic then why would any of us show up? You still get to have your opinion but when you debate without merit or abilitiy to prove your stance.....it's not going to be pretty.

Regardless if it's your opinion, each of us is responsible for the things we say and the stance we take. When you, or someone else, takes a stance that is wrong, or that can't be defended with logic or facts then you will take heat for that and that is NOT a sign of disrespect. We all hold each other's feet to the fire every day on these issues. Some people just go farther out on the edge and thus fall more then others. Having the right to your opinion does not give you carte blanche to say whatever you want without reprecussion.

When Retail Guy spouts off left and right on issues but then refuses to engage in a debate on the merits of his stance...(like he did with me and others)...he better expect people to come after him. That's not poor conduct on the part of those coming at him, that's him having to deal with the results of the words he's used and the stance he's taken. He put himself in that position. I've put myself in this position right now. Opinion or not, I deserve whatever reaction to this subject and the ramifications on my credability because of this post. I know that going in. Now, if people are insulting me personally and calling me fat or saying My mother is like a squirrel because she's always got a mouth full of nuts..... that's over the line (unless we were discussing my weight or my mother being a whore).

My main point is that there are certain people that have set themselves up to be flamed based on their interaction and stance on certain issues. Most of us don't come here to argue just for the sake of arguing. When you feel like someone is coming here just to spout off, it starts to bother you. That's the problem we all face. The problem isn't making sure we roll the red carpet out to that kind of poster under the guise of civility...... It's healthy for them to take some heat for the things they say.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2007, 09:06 AM
I really hate doing this but I have to look out for the best interest of the forum....

ALL you guys need to get your shit together and quit bickering like little school girls. Im not going to say any names. You know who you are and it's not just one person.

STOP BRINGING THE PLACE DOWN OR I WILL BE FORCED TO BRING YOU DOWN! TRUST ME YOU DONT WANT THAT AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DO THAT SO PLEASE ARGUE LIKE GROWN MEN OR PREPARE TO BE TREATED LIKE CHILDREN.

Thank you.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
I really hate doing this but I have to look out for the best interest of the forum....

ALL you guys need to get your shit together and quit bickering like little school girls. Im not going to say any names. You know who you are and it's not just one person.

STOP BRINGING THE PLACE DOWN OR I WILL BE FORCED TO BRING YOU DOWN! TRUST ME YOU DONT WANT THAT AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DO THAT SO PLEASE ARGUE LIKE GROWN MEN OR PREPARE TO BE TREATED LIKE CHILDREN.

Thank you.

Will when your own mod is in half the arguements what do you really expect.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2007, 09:42 AM
That post does not help the situation.

Merlin
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
What happen to the Taco John's dude? That was awesome!