PDA

View Full Version : Owners Meeting Agenda

GrnBay007
03-27-2007, 08:22 AM
**Instituting a stronger policy on player conduct. While Commissioner Roger Goodell doesn’t need owner approval to instate a new, stronger policy, it is expected that the owners will support the new plan and even the players association appears to be on board.

**Of particular importance to Vikings fans, coming up with a new stadium borrowing package that will replace the expired G-3 funding program. The G-3 program gave owners loans of up to $100 million toward the construction of new stadiums, but that program expired in 2005 and a new program is needed for those owners (like Zygi Wilf) who will be looking for similar funding for their own stadium projects.

**Making instant replay permanent. This one should be a no-brainer because, even with its flaws, if the system changes one bad call, it’s worth it. The current vote to keep replay expires in 2008 and a proposal just to keep it and make the system permanent would likely be met favorably.

**Calculating the payout level on the revenue-sharing agreement between the owners and players. When the league avoided a potential uncapped year in 2007, they agreed in advance to new salary cap levels for 2006 and 2007. Now the owners must discuss the payout formula for shared revenues like merchandising of jerseys.

**Changes to the injury report. This has been a problem for some time and the league is looking at tying in public notification of how much a player practiced instead of listing injuries on something akin to the honor system.

**Discussing a proposal to let a defensive player wear a helmet with a microphone similar to that of a quarterback to allow the team to send in defensive signal calls in the same way offenses do.

**Look at a proposed change moving the kickoff in overtime from the 30-yard line to the 35. The proposal would make it more possible for teams with good defenses to opt to kick in overtime, pin their opponent on the 20-yard line and hope to make a quick defensive stop.

**Vote on a rule that would penalize any player five yards for spiking the ball on a play that isn’t a touchdown.

While some of these, like the spike rule and five yards extra on OT kickoffs, won’t have a huge impact on the game, the revenue sharing, G-3 and player conduct discussions likely will.

Green Bud Packer
03-27-2007, 08:43 AM
i agree with instant replay being permanent but i'd like to see a replay official in the booth make the ruling instead of the head referee on the field. if they would have put a mike in chuck cecil's helmet, the thing woulda been busted before the end of the 1st quarter.not a bad idea though.

Rastak
03-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Vote on a rule that would penalize any player five yards for spiking the ball on a play that isn’t a touchdown.

That always used to be a delay of game penalty, I wonder why they stopped calling that?

GrnBay007
03-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I really hope they are serious about getting strict on the player conduct. It's gotten way out of hand. Professional athletes get enough passes and breaks in society in general but there needs to be some strict discipline to follow when they are breaking the law.....esp. repeatedly. How many of us would keep our jobs behaving that way?

I just read the police are looking for the DA to charge Pacman with 2 misdemeanor and 1 felony charge for his participation in that barroom brawl that left that poor security worker paralyzed. And it's sad, any articles I've read on this Pacman talks about his concerns with what the NFL will do but I haven't read anything of him expressing concern for the victim.

Merlin
03-27-2007, 10:56 AM
If they threw the book at Koren Robinson for his antics that weren't anything different then you or I could have been convicted of and then let players who carry guns, have arsenals and shoot at people play, then IMO, it's all about the almighty dollar and not anything else.

Green Bud Packer
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
If they threw the book at Koren Robinson for his antics that weren't anything different then you or I could have been convicted of and then let players who carry guns, have arsenals and shoot at people play, then IMO, it's all about the almighty dollar and not anything else. this shows how much power, groups like M.A.D.D. and the N.R.A., have over society.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
If they threw the book at Koren Robinson for his antics that weren't anything different then you or I could have been convicted of and then let players who carry guns, have arsenals and shoot at people play, then IMO, it's all about the almighty dollar and not anything else. this shows how much power, groups like M.A.D.D. and the N.R.A., have over society.

What?

Yeah... because M.A.D.D. and the N.R.A. have so much influence over NFL policies... riiiiiiiiight. :?:

Keep on tokin' I guess...

Green Bud Packer
03-27-2007, 02:03 PM
when they treat drunk drivers as severely as gun totin bangers i'd have to say yes. i drink and own guns. i'll admit i've driven over the limit but i've never shot up a night club,yet.

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
when they treat drunk drivers as severely as gun totin bangers i'd have to say yes.

OK, then I misunderstood you.

I agree regarding M.A.D.D. ... its agenda is reactionary and out of control.