PDA

View Full Version : Who should retire next?

Green Bud Packer
03-27-2007, 08:59 AM
on aol sports ( i couldn't figure out how to put the url on) they have a story of faulk retiring and a poll of who should retire next. 60% of the pollers think farve should hang it up. i'm betting most votes were cast by opponents of the pack.

GrnBay007
03-27-2007, 09:09 AM
60% .....they are all jealous of Brett!

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story_nodrambuie/_a/time-to-hang-them-up/20070325205309990001

pittstang5
03-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Holmes gets my vote.

packinpatland
03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
.....and they accuse Brett of keeping the retirement talk going.

Give me a break.

BooHoo
03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I vote for our DB coach Shotty

PlantPage55
03-27-2007, 09:52 AM
oh my God. Screw all of them.

You don't tell a legend when to hang it up! Why do these people want to see a day when Brett Favre is no longer in the NFL.

They're fucking idiots, that's why. Even if you're a Vike or Bears fan - c'mon...it's Brett fucking Favre.

I didn't want to see Barry hang 'em up - and he was a Lion!!!

Merlin
03-27-2007, 10:14 AM
It's funny that Favre is listed to hang them up but McNair is listed tokeep playing. Essentially over the past 3 seasons, both QB's where asked to carry their team:

2004-2006
Name-Att-Comp-Comp%-Yds-TDs-Ints-Rating
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve McNair - 1159 - 716 - 61.77% - 7554 - 40 - 32 - 79.33
Brett Favre - 1760 - 1061 - 60.28% - 11854 - 68 - 64 - 78.66

Of course Favre played 8 more games then McNair in 2004 but the past thee seasons have been the most Favre has thrown the ball in any three seasons in his career. 2004 was closer to his career average and 2005 & 2006 he was way over his career averages. McNair has always been counted on over the years but the Titans/Oilers had more of a balanced attack during that time as well. McNair also sustained a lot of serious injuries. Favre has had a few but IMO, they are both iron men in the game. Favre has more then a complete season's worth of stats over McNair in three years (again I realize he missed 8 games but he just doesn't put up the same numbers).

Basically, other fans are jealous and they are also sick of the whole Favre retirement talk. I bet if Favre could go back a few years, he never would have mentioned the word. It's got to be hard enough to face that reality without the media blowing everything out of proportion and showing up at every little event he's at just for that.

Pacopete4
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
The problem with Favre was that he talked like a normal, down to earth person about what was going on and how he felt. My guess is that most, if not all those other players have woke up and felt what hes told us. Other NFL players have wondered during their last few years whether or not they can get the job done.. Favre was just the one thats told us about it, and so what? He still shows up every Sunday and is a top 5 QB in the nfl.. but he should hang em up?.. give me a break

MadtownPacker
03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Favre was just the one thats told us about it, and so what? He still shows up every Sunday and is a top 5 QB in the nfl.. but he should hang em up?.. give me a breakHis honesty might be his only true weakness. It damn sure aint his heart or the arm. I agree, he is top 5 and I say he plays 2 more seasons.

I bet almost half the current starting QBs in the NFL will be out of a job before Favre retires.

packinpatland
03-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Favre was just the one thats told us about it, and so what? He still shows up every Sunday and is a top 5 QB in the nfl.. but he should hang em up?.. give me a breakHis honesty might be his only true weakness. It damn sure aint his heart or the arm. I agree, he is top 5 and I say he plays 2 more seasons.

I bet almost half the current starting QBs in the NFL will be out of a job before Favre retires.

Given that there have been, how many?, somewhere near 200+- , QB's in the league since Favre started, this sounds reasonable.

swede
03-28-2007, 01:33 PM

Given that there have been, how many?, somewhere near 200+- , QB's in the league since Favre started, this sounds reasonable.

I think that number might just be for the Bears.

LL2
03-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Pacman Jones should retire!

KYPack
03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
A guy who may quit, but I hope doesn't is Chad Clifton.

He gutted it out big time last season, and showed a lot of heart, but I just don't know how long he can keep going.

retailguy
03-28-2007, 03:05 PM
A guy who may quit, but I hope doesn't is Chad Clifton.

He gutted it out big time last season, and showed a lot of heart, but I just don't know how long he can keep going.

He quits, WE ARE SCREWED. Lord help us.

packerbacker1234
03-28-2007, 03:11 PM
I love that link.
"age may be catching up to hiM'

"most of the packers problems can be traced to a yong team, not the resident iron man"

Bassically, they say age MIGHT be a factor, however the team is very young and they even say themselves that in todays game, favre is still the best on field general.

packinpatland
03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Favre is #2 out of 8, as who should retire first.
What a crock!
Must have been a whole hell of alot of Bears fans voting!

b bulldog
03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Holmes is also my pick.