PDA

View Full Version : Would Willis McGahee have been a fit in GB? Hey Willis?

woodbuck27
03-27-2007, 02:55 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

McGAHEE MIGHT NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO BUFFALO

The Buffalo Bills traded running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens. In 2007, the Buffalo Bills play the Baltimore Ravens.

And the game is scheduled to be played in Buffalo.

On the surface, the notion of McGahee heading back to Western New York doesn't have the same sex appeal as T.O.'s return to the Linc. But, by the time the game is played, the venom flowing from the local fans to their former star could eclipse the hatred that folks in Philly felt for Terrell Owens.

If, of course, McGahee continues to run his mouth.

"I couldn't wait to get out of there," McGahee told the Baltimore Sun regarding his former home. He fled after the season ended, and had no intention of returning.

When the trade to Baltimore went through, McGahee got his wish. "I was yelling and [stuff], running through the whole house, screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'" McGahee said. "It was such a relief."

So what was the problem with Buffalo?

"Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, 'Damn!' Can't go out, can't do nothing. There's an Applebee's, a TGI Friday's, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I'm like, 'What the?' And, you know, the women . . . ."

What about the women, Willis? Please, elaborate. Because we can't wait to see the welcome that those women will provide when you come back, hopefully for a prime time game.

"You see, when I was in college that's what I used to thrive off of," McGahee said of his status in Miami. "The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it's the same. It's no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games."

Frankly, there are far worse things McGahee could have been doing. We realize that most NFL players are young men who crave the adoration and all that that implies. But life is a lot more than hanging out in clubs and being surrounded by people who would never tell you anything you don't want to hear. The sooner that every NFL player understands this, the sooner we'll be able to quit tracking so many player arrests.

Comment woodbuck27:

After reading this I asked myself the above question.

bigcoz75
03-27-2007, 03:15 PM
That was his main reason he wanted out of Buffalo in the first place. Never thought he'd be a good fit here. Just a future malcontent, but surely TT saw the same thing. He made it pretty clear after the season he wanted to be in a bigger atmosphere.

Fritz
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I find it hard to believe that in a mid-size city like Buffalo there are no beautiful women who wouldn't want to hang out with an NFL player. Open your eyes, Willis.

the_idle_threat
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Perhaps the women of Buffalo have discerning taste. This guy sounds like the insufferable celebrity type.

wist43
03-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Talk about an empty head???

Great physical talent... has the maturity of a 12 year old.

woodbuck27
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I find it hard to believe that in a mid-size city like Buffalo there are no beautiful women who wouldn't want to hang out with an NFL player. Open your eyes, Willis.

My experience. The women fr. Buffalo were mighty friendly. :)

Of course these were Sabre fans.

Fritz
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Idiot or not - and he sounds like a big one - some women seem inevitably attracted to celebrity. I'm just saying that ol' Willis is using a lame excuse.

Besides, shouldn't a college guy have some appreciation for the finer things? Good restaurants, an occasional museum, you know, that sort of thing?