PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' receiver Henry arrested...again

packers11
03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

Chris Henry was arrested for driving with a suspended license after failing to use a turn signal in Cincinnati last Wednesday.

Henry was also found to be riding without a seat belt after police pulled over his Escalade. He has a court date set for April 19. Commissioner Roger Goodell is intent on punishing repeat offenders of the law and Henry is all but certain to be suspended for a period of time this season. Mar. 27 - 2:20 pm et
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

hahahahaha... this is just becoming a joke for the Bengals...

BallHawk
03-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Can we exile Pacman Jones and Chris Henry to Elbe?

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm no fan of Chris Henry for some of the other crap he's pulled, but failure to use a turn signal? Seatbelt violation discovered after he was pulled over?

Sounds like a fishing expedition.

DWB? :x

the_idle_threat
03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Henry was not arrested; he received three traffic tickets.

From bengals.com:

Notes: Henry pays fine
By GEOFF HOBSON
March 27, 2007

Updated: 4:45 p.m.

Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry's minor traffiic violations have no impact on his probation status according to one of his agents.

"It's nothing. It was a fine. He thought it was taken care of," Marvin Frazier said Tuesday afternoon. "To me, it seems like there is a witch hunt for Chris Henry. He's been doing everything that he's been asked to do."

Henry, who has been arrested four times, was cited for three traffic violations while driving on Vine Street in Cincinnati last Wednesday afternoon: driving with a suspended license and without a seat belt and failing to signal, and paid $100.

The timing has turned the violations into a furor. The NFL owners are meeting this week to give NFL commissioner Roger Goodell the go-ahead for a harsher player conduct policy, and Henry is set to meet with Goodell next week.

The Bengals released this statement:

“While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the Club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. The Club will await commenting on this specific matter until it is ruled on by the court, and Chris’s overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL.”

INSTANT REPLAY HERE TO STAY: Instant replay was voted in permanently Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings in Arizona by a 30-2 margin. The two dissenting votes were cast by Cincinnati and Arizona.

Rastak
03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm no fan of Chris Henry for some of the other crap he's pulled, but failure to use a turn signal? Seatbelt violation discovered after he was pulled over?

Sounds like a fishing expedition.

DWB? :x

DWB without a license it appears......

MadtownPacker
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Maybe it's Driving without a brain?

Sorry Mr Henry, when you pull all the other crap you have saying there is a witch hunt for you is BS. Welcome to the life of a normal American.

Guiness
03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
The moving violations are indeed minor, but I don't know that the driving with a suspended license is.

DWB? I dunno - seems like a lame reason to pull him over. However, the Escalade doesn't help. He might've been driving like a dweeb, and the cop just picked one of the things he was doing as a reason to pull him over.