PDA

View Full Version : Updated Poll - Moss & Lynch or Peterson

Partial
03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Would you rather trade the 2nd round pick to the Raiders for Randy Moss and draft Marshawn Lynch

-or-

Would you rather trade the 1st and 2nd round picks to move up and draft Adrian Peterson?

This is operating under the assumption that Moss is available for a 2nd round pick, and that Lynch is available at spot 16. Also, it is assuming we can trade our 1st and 2nd picks to guarantee Peterson.

packers11
03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I'd rather have two dominant players on offense than one...

Peterson is not that much better than Lynch (according to scouts) ...

And... if Favre can bring the "old randy" back... Then this scenario would be a no brain er...

A lot of scouts question the way Peterson runs (he runs straight up, which makes him prone to more serious hits)... I could see Peterson being hurt a lot in the NFL, and why not fill up 2 holes with the 2 draft picks instead of 1 hole with 2 draft picks...

Unless trading for CJ, I wouldn't want to give up our #1 and #2... (AND YES, I know you need a lot more than that)...

Partial
03-27-2007, 10:26 PM
I say Peterson for a slew of reasons:

- You cannot play for 2007 and put all your chip in the pot if you don't have the depth and young talent for the future. If you do that, you're going to be vastly dissapointed in not only this year, but for several years after that. Whether we want to admit it or not, Moss is nothing more than a stopgap that will slow the development of Greg Jennings.

- If it weren't for his injury this year, Peterson would without question be one of the best prospects to come out in years. Many players with college injury history have came in and have been very successful.

- I foresee Lynch being a shady character when he gets his big payday. Say its profiling or judging a book by his cover, but take a look at the guy, listen to him talk, and try and tell me you don't think he's a hoodlum. I definitely foresee a drug suspension or two as well as some Pacman antics.

- TT needs playmakers to win. Peterson is without question a bigger playmaker than Lynch. It may cost a little bit to get him, but thats what happens when you have a chance at a premier player.

Partial
03-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I'd rather have two dominant players on offense than one...

Peterson is not that much better than Lynch (according to scouts) ...

And... if Favre can bring the "old randy" back... Then this scenario would be a no brain er...

A lot of scouts question the way Peterson runs (he runs straight up, which makes him prone to more serious hits)... I could see Peterson being hurt a lot in the NFL, and why not fill up 2 holes with the 2 draft picks instead of 1 hole with 2 draft picks...

Unless trading for CJ, I wouldn't want to give up our #1 and #2... (AND YES, I know you need a lot more than that)...

The same IFS that exist with Peterson exist with Moss. IF Favre can turn someone who has been below average in recent history into a PREMIER player, then it'll be worth while. It seems like a HUGE if to me.

Lynch seems to bring with him the risk of drug suspensions and conduct violations that will cause him to miss games. I'd say they play the same % of games in the first 5 years of their career.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-27-2007, 10:37 PM

- You cannot play for 2007. If you do that, you're going to be vastly dissapointed in not only this year, but for several years after that. Whether we want to admit it or not, Moss is nothing more than a stopgap that will slow the development of Greg Jennings.

- If it weren't for his injury this year, Peterson would without question be one of the best prospects to come out in years. Many players with college injury history have came in and have been very successful.

- I foresee Lynch being a shady character when he gets his big payday. Say its profiling or judging a book by his cover, but take a look at the guy, listen to him talk, and try and tell me you don't think he's a hoodlum. I definitely foresee a drug suspension or two as well as some Pacman antics.

- TT needs playmakers to win. Peterson is without question a bigger playmaker than Lynch. It may cost a little bit to get him, but thats what happens when you have a chance at a premier player.

You give really convincing reasons, expect for your first one. I think you do play for 2007, why not? If you added Lynch and Moss on offense and an improving defense to go with that who’s to say that we can't do something next year. Don't forget the NFC sucks.

To me this is easy, Lynch and Moss.

digitaldean
03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I think you have to play for 2007.

Especially since McCarthy is year 2 of a 3 year deal.

In today's NFL you do build through the draft, but you can make more of an impact with the right trade.

Bretsky
03-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I voted for Lynch and Moss

IF we could somehow swing Reggie Nelson in round one, a 2nd for a Turner, and a 3rd for Moss I'd be in heaven as well.

ND72
03-27-2007, 11:03 PM
those are seriously our only options....I'd rather have Lynch...no Moss.

BF4MVP
03-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Moss and Lynch BY FAR!

P.S. I'm kinda drunk, but I'd make the same decision even if I was sober hahaha

oregonpackfan
03-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Mick Jagger does not want Randy Moss. After all, "A Rolling Stone gathers no Moss." :)

Partial
03-28-2007, 12:10 AM
I can't believe all the Moss and Marshawn love. He's 30 years old and hasn't performend in years. He's as big of an injury risk as Peterson, but the upside isn't there because they'll have him for what, 2, maybe 3 years?

Bretsky
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
I can't believe all the Moss and Marshawn love. He's 30 years old and hasn't performend in years. He's as big of an injury risk as Peterson, but the upside isn't there because they'll have him for what, 2, maybe 3 years?

With the right moves people still dream of making one more run

Partial
03-28-2007, 12:16 AM

There best bet at making another run is finding a young playmaker that they will have during his prime. Not a has-been.

Bretsky
03-28-2007, 12:21 AM

There best bet at making another run is finding a young playmaker that they will have during his prime. Not a has-been.

A 2nd rounder or Moss ? Hands down we know who would help more in the next 2-3 years. He still has plenty of ability if he's motivated and has the right QB.

Lynch could be a fine NFL back as well and I'd be happy if TT grabs him with pick #16

retailguy
03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
neither. Take the best player at 16. Start to fill holes with the 2nd round pick.

We need a WR, but we don't need Moss.

TheRaven
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
neither. Take the best player at 16. Start to fill holes with the 2nd round pick.

I pretty much agree. If Moss didn't have the baggage, he still wouldn't be worth a 2nd round pick right now. His production has been spiraling downhill for years.

I would consider taking him on for a 5th rounder or later, also given that he restructers his contract as well. Anything in the top 4 rounds is too much.

ahaha
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
- If it weren't for his injury this year, Peterson would without question be one of the best prospects to come out in years.

Even before the injury, he was no Reggie Bush.

Packnut
03-28-2007, 11:55 AM
In reality Lynch fits our scheme better than Peterson. IF we get Lynch at 16, I think most of the Packer nation will exhale a sigh of relief.......

swede
03-28-2007, 01:37 PM

I go on the record as agreeing whole-heartedly with you, Retail.

You're starting to think like TT. 8-)

Partial
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Cliffy would shit a brick at you all. You'd rather have two solid players than one phenominal player?

Technically, Marshawn might be a better "zone" runner. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think you can plug in AP in any scheme out there and get intense amounts of production.

Packnut
03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Cliffy would shit a brick at you all. You'd rather have two solid players than one phenominal player?

Technically, Marshawn might be a better "zone" runner. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think you can plug in AP in any scheme out there and get intense amounts of production.

May-be you missed the trend in this league towards RB's who can catch the ball coming out of the back-field. It's a HUGE asset for any offense and adds a dimension we really need. Lynch is better than Peterson at this point in their careers. Not just my opinion, but most of the scouts agree.

BallHawk
03-28-2007, 04:11 PM

That, and consider the fact that he'll probably be arrested at least twice in his career.

retailguy
03-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I go on the record as agreeing whole-heartedly with you, Retail.

You're starting to think like TT. 8-)

Nah, it'll NEVER happen. I care about winning TODAY, this season, not just about the future. Both can be done.

And, you'd better be careful about agreeing with me. There are several here who will make your life pretty miserable! :wink:

Charles Woodson
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Whether we want to admit it or not, Moss is nothing more than a stopgap that will slow the development of Greg Jennings.

Then would you say the same thing about A-rod and Favre?

woodbuck27
03-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd rather eat than fast.

2-for, is better than one.

Let's win baby with Favre in 2007.

:)

Partial
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I've been looking for this thread for awhile. Turns out it doesn't deliver :(

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 08:00 AM
How much more peterson ghey butt lust thread bumping are we going to have to endure?

Tarlam!
09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
How much more peterson ghey butt lust thread bumping are we going to have to endure?

:shock: :D :D :D :bclap:

packers11
09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
i'd still take lynch and moss over ap...