PDA

View Full Version : ND Mock #1

ND72
03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
March 28, 2007
1. Raiders JaMarcus Russell QB, LSU
I personally don’t know if JaMarcus Russell is the answer for the Raiders, but for where they are right now, I don’t know where else they would go. They could take the best player in the draft in Calvin Johnson, but who’s gonna throw it to him? I don’t think Russell is the guy for them, because I think he will fail as they are right now, and ultimately, will be viewed at as a bust. If they were MORE ready to just implement a franchise QB, he’d be perfect, but they aren’t.

2. Lions Calvin Johnson WR, Georgia Tech
I believe Calvin Johnson will be the 2nd pick in the draft, just not to the Detroit Lions. I personally have a gut feeling Atlanta or Tampa will really push to move up to get Calvin. But, because I think Calvin will be the 2nd pick, that’s why I’m putting him here. If Millen took Calvin Johnson, people will make fun of him for about 4 months…until the NFL season starts. But I think he’ll want to build up picks.

3. Browns Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame
Everything I’ve heard is the Browns will take which ever QB isn’t drafted 1 or 2, since there is a huge feeling one of the 2 will drop to them. Brady will be great for 2 reasons for Cleveland. First off, he’s a home town boy, and can bring in some ticket sales. 2nd reason, Romeo is running the same offense as his former Coordinator partner in New England, and current Notre Dame Head Coach, Charlie Weis.

4. Buccaneers Joe Thomas OT, Wisconsin
If Tampa moves up, Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams, or even a Amobi Okoye, could be the Lions pick here. If Tampa doesn’t move up, Joe Thomas is the best pick for them at this position. They can continue to improve their line, and put him next to his former partner at Guard in Wisconsin, Dan Buenning. Either way, Tampa’s offense is about to improve.

5. Cardinals Gaines Adams DE, Clemson
Someone in Arizona will talk about Adrian Peterson, but then Edge will call and remind them how much money he’s making next season, and they decide to see if he, as well as their offense can keep improving, and decide to draft defense to try to improve the teams’ defense. Adams would be a perfect match with Berry at the other DE position.

6. Redskins Amobi Okoye DT/DE, Louisville
If the Redskins stay at the 6th spot, they will look for the best defensive player. While Jamaal Anderson would be a huge temptation, the 19 year old Okoye would could play either DT or DE is too much of a potential superstar in the making to pass up. Don’t be surprised if the Bears are picking here.

7. Vikings LaRon Landry S, LSU
Vikings need a WR, DE, LB, and DB. The top player at this position that fits their needs is easily Landry. There is no WR to take at this position as of right now. Minnesota’s safeties are aging, and Landry can take a year to learn, and play in Nickel and Dime situations, and then fill in and be a stud in years to come.

8. Falcons Adrian Peterson RB, Oklahoma
Again, the Lions, I think could be picking here, and I don’t think Adrian Peterson would be their pick, but at this rate, the Lions should take the best player on the board, and that would be Adrian Peterson. If the Falcons are picking here, they ultimately would like Landry at this point, but Adrian Peterson is too much to pass up. Warrick Dunn isn’t going to last forever, and Peterson could be very special for them.

9. Dolphins Jamaal Anderson DE, Alabama
Dolphins need offense, but there isn’t much for offense that they need at this position. The best help for a struggling offense, is a stellar defense. So the Dolphins add the top defensive player on the board in Jamaal Anderson.

10. Texans Levi Brown OT, Penn St.
Texans have a need, and they’ve had it since the first day they came to the NFL. Levi Brown steps in day 1 as a starter on their offensive line.

11. 49ers Patrick Willis ILB, Ole Miss
49ers could look for some WR help to keep giving Alex Smith weapons, but Nolan has been in love with Patrick Willis since he saw him at the Senior Bowl.

12. Bills Leon Hall CB, Michigan
Bills are hoping for Patrick Willis, but unable to get him. They are tempted by Marshawn Lynch, but they have a lot bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball, with huge holes left by Clements, Fletcher-Baker, and Spikes. Buffalo will look for a RB at some point, but they NEED defense.

13. Rams Alan Branch DT, Michigan
The Rams are continuing to build their defense, and the best person at this point in the draft on defense is Alan Branch. They could reach for a Lawrence Timmons, but DL is a much bigger need for the Rams.

14. Panthers Greg Olsen TE, Miami
John Fox has been in love with Greg Olsen since the combine. Their defense is solid, so getting offensive weapons is highly needed for the Panthers. How did Delhomme go from a stud to a dud? Easy, no weapons. Olsen will stretch the defense to help with the Panthers solid running game.

15. Steelers Lawrence Timmons LB, FSU
Steelers lost a Pro Bowl LB, so they need to find a LB ready to play now. Timmons will bring the defense an attitude and level of play they lost with Porter. He might not be able to exactly fill those shoes, but he has the same mold.

16. Packers Marshawn Lynch RB, Cal
Packers need a RB, and a RB falls to them. Lynch could end up being the best RB in this draft. He’s big, he’s strong, he’s fast, he’s agile, and he has soft hands out of the backfield. If used right, he could get a team 2,000 all purpose yards every year.

17. Jaguars Reggie Nelson S, Florida
Jags look for some defensive help, and they find it in Reggie Nelson, who will immediately step in and be a starter day 1 with the Jags.

18. Bengals Robert Meachem WR, Tennessee
Bengals probably need to keep building up their defense. But they’ve lost some weapons on offense, some by arrest, some not, and the more weapons they can get for Carson Palmer, the better the Bengals will be. Meachem brings size and speed to the Bengals offense.

19. Titans Tedd Ginn Jr. WR, Ohio St.
Titans need some offense to help out Vince Young. They also need help in the KR and PR department since theirs is about to be suspended. Tedd Ginn quickly gives them both, immediately. He has speed to stretch the field on offense.

20. Giants Paul Posluszny LB, Penn St.
What do the Giants need? Maybe only they know. One thing is for sure they could use some Offensive playmaker help, and lots of help on defense. Posluszny steps in as a starter at OLB for the Giants right away which is a NEED for them.

21. Broncos Adam Carriker DE, Nebraska
Broncos need some help on the Defensive Line, and right now, no former Browns are available. So they take the top DL player at this point in the draft, and they choose between Carriker and Jarvis Moss. Moss might give more of a pass rush, but Carriker gives them more of everything.

22. Cowboys Dwayne Bowe WR, LSU
Cowboys filled needs with Leonard Davis and Ken Hamlin, now it’s time to give Tony Romo as many weapons as possible other than T.O. Dwayne Bowe is the top WR right now, and the thought of Bowe, T.O., and Glenn, would make anyone happy.

23. Chiefs Aaron Ross CB, Texas
Chiefs could take a WR, or could surprise everyone by making a huge stretch at taking a QB here, but they seem pretty happy with Croyle at QB. Chiefs will fit their biggest need on defense and take the top CB in Aaron Ross.

24. Patriots Darrelle Revis CB, Pitt
At this point of the offseason, the question is what DON’T the Patriots need? If your answer is nothing, that’s why they take the best defensive player on the board in Darrelle Revis.

25. Jets Chris Houston CB, Arkansas
Jets want to keep building their defense, and the best place to keep building for them is at CB and taking Chris Houston. They could look towards Anthony Spencer from Purdue to fill a DE/OLB role in their 3-4 defense, but CB seems like a better fill.

26. Eagles Dwayne Jarrett WR, USC
Eagles have made good steps again in helping their defense, now it’s time to help Donavon, and take the best WR on the board. Dwayne Jarrett’s size and hands are what will help him in the NFL. If the Eagles can find a speedster to stretch the field, Jarrett could be deadly across the middle.

27. Saints Jon Beason LB, Miami
Cornerback or Outside Linebacker? Since there aren’t any “top” CB’s left on the board right now, they take the top LB left in Jon Beason. They’ll look for CB in round 2 (and probably beyond).

28. Patriots Michael Griffin S, Texas
2 first round picks for a team that really doesn’t have many, if any, holes. One place they could use help is at Safety, and Michael Griffin is a perfect fit for their defense.

29. Ravens Joe Staley OT, Central Michigan
Ogden is possibly retiring, and even if he doesn’t, they could use some upgrades on their offensive line. They could look for Justin Blalock instead at this point, but it’ll probably be one of the 2.

30. Chargers Sidney Rice WR, S. Carolina
What does a team with a record of 14-2 need? How bout weapons for their young QB other than LT and Gates? Chargers take the top WR on the board.

31. Bears Justin Blalock G/T, Texas
Bears could be picking here, maybe they won’t. If they are, the best player that could help them the most would be an Offensive Lineman. Their line is getting older, and Blalock could sit for a year and learn, and then step in after that.

32. Colts Eric Wright CB, UNLV
What does the Super Bowl champion need? If anything, they probably need LB or DB. So they take the top CB on the board in Eric Wright.

digitaldean
03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I think this appears to be pretty realistic.

I'd be happy with Olsen, Lynch, Rice. AP will be gone by #16.

RB would be best addressed in the first 2-3 rounds (yes, there have been great ZBS backs picked after round 3, but I don't see a ton of quality depth after round 3).

One mock I saw (not sure if it was Fox Sports or Sporting News) had us taking Leon Hall. I'd frown on that one, his performance in the OSU and bowl games wasn't anything to write home about.

ND72
03-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Leon Hall is 1 guy I do NOT want GB to touch. I agree about the RB situation. in fact I think 2 of hte better zone runners could be had later. I think Pittman from OSU is pretty solid in the zone scheme...and while I'm not huge fan of Darius Walker, he's a very solid zone runner as well.

b bulldog
03-29-2007, 07:11 AM
Pittman is a sleeper imo.

ND72
03-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Pittman is a sleeper imo.

Totally agree. He was very overshadowed by Smith & Ginn on offense. I like Pittman a lot.

LL2
03-29-2007, 08:52 AM
I like your mock. It’s funny how everyone has GB taking Lynch and rarely see a mock draft having them taking anyone else. Like last year all the mocks had GB taking Hawk and they did. I think ND72 has one of the better football minds around here. Back at JSO Matt Stairs seemed to have good football knowledge, not just shoot off on the keyboard. I’m just a poster that loves the Packers and tries to read everything about them, watch every game I can, and pray and hope they win every game.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I would be happy with Lynck at 16, but I don't see Buffalo passing on Lynch if Wills and Peterson are both off the borad. Never know though because their is always a few suprises on draft day. Good Mock overall.

ND72
03-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I would be happy with Lynck at 16, but I don't see Buffalo passing on Lynch if Wills and Peterson are both off the borad. Never know though because their is always a few suprises on draft day. Good Mock overall.

You mean like the Bills Taking Donte Whitner in the top 10 last year?

MadtownPacker
03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I think Lynch is gonna fall to the #16. If he is there is it a sure thing the TT takes him?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-29-2007, 09:35 AM

You mean like the Bills Taking Donte Whitner in the top 10 last year?

Yep exactly like that, I never would of thought that was their pick.

Guiness
03-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Good mock. I could see GB taking Meecham if he is there, especially if Lynch is gone.

That's high for Okoye, but it could happen because of potential. I don't know how you can invest that much in a 19yr old, but I guess the NBA does it all the time.

I also like that you've got LaRon that high. A lot of mocks seem to forget about him, and he drops to the bottom of the first round. I don't see that happening.

Joe Staley in the first, eh? That makes four OT's in the first round. That's a lot.

ND72
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
While I'm the one that did the mock...I do wanna say, commenting on the Packers....I can TOTALLY see Ted taking the top Defensive player on his board in round 1 and passing on a Lynch, Olsen, Meachem, Ginn...and then rounds 2-3, taking a RB/WR/TE.

pittstang5
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
While I'm the one that did the mock...I do wanna say, commenting on the Packers....I can TOTALLY see Ted taking the top Defensive player on his board in round 1 and passing on a Lynch, Olsen, Meachem, Ginn...and then rounds 2-3, taking a RB/WR/TE.

I can too. Lynch, if he's there, almost seems too logical due to Green leaving. You never know what TT is thinking. I wouldn't be surprised in seeing TT take Revis, a pickup that I would absolutely love even though this team has more pressing needs.

ND72
03-29-2007, 11:22 AM
a guy I woul love to see in Green BAy that won't be there by round 2, and is too high at 16, is Michael Griffin. He can play all of the DB positions. I really like that kid.

packers11
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Safety to visit
March 29
PackersNews.com (scroll down): "The Packers are scheduled to bring in Florida safety Reggie Nelson for a pre-draft visit, according to NFL.com. Nelson, who is a possible first-round prospect, also is scheduled to visit Tampa Bay, Cincinnati, Dallas, Atlanta and San Diego."

maybe he will go defense again... but I hope if marshawn is on the board, he takes him... We need a rb :(

ND72
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
that's an interesting "change" for Thompson. If you remember in his first 2 drafts he choose not to invite any rookies to green bay for a rookie..."supposedly" i guess I'll say.

ecwiscott
03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Charles Robinson of the NFL network said tonight he thinks the Packers will take Meachem from Tennessee. He thinks Lynch will be gone before the 16th pick although the Packers are very high on him according to Robinson.

It was Packers night tonight on NFL total access so I watched.

Brando19
03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I think Lynch is gonna fall to the #16. If he is there is it a sure thing the TT takes him?

Yes

Lurker64
03-29-2007, 11:07 PM

There's not a player in this draft where I would be surprised of Thompson passed on him. Especially with a player who's not clearly a blue chipper like Lynch. If Lynch is there at 16, I see a 50/50 chance of Thompson taking him, but probably less.

Partial
03-29-2007, 11:42 PM

There's not a player in this draft where I would be surprised of Thompson passed on him. Especially with a player who's not clearly a blue chipper like Lynch. If Lynch is there at 16, I see a 50/50 chance of Thompson taking him, but probably less.

I don't think he'll take Lynch at 16. No way. His coaches are tearing him apart in interviews evidentally. He really doesn't seem like a packer person, let alone someone they want to make one of the faces of the franchise(listen to him talk, good lord). Props to BallHawk for calling this one early.

I don't think TT takes a back in the first round unless they have MVP potential. I think that Peterson has this level of talent. Otherwise, I think TT will fortify his defense and hope to land a back later in the first day.

Bretsky
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
The bad interviews are what might get him to 16; I hope TT has the choice.
I would not argue he's not a Packer person. Neither is Koren Robinson or Randy Moss if we have any interest in him. If he's there I still think there is a very strong chance TT takes him; he's a step up from the next tier of backs per most draft reports.

ND72
03-30-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm going to keep saying this, I do NOT want Meachem. Just read an NFL magazine that has him compared to Williamson from Minnesota because of his drops in college...I just very wary of a guy with that reputation.

I honestly have the feeling Teddy looks defense again in #1. If somehow Patrick Willis falls, don't be surprised to see him, and then move him outside. McShay from Scouts, Inc. said he would be a perfect strong side LB in the NFL.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-30-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm going to keep saying this, I do NOT want Meachem. Just read an NFL magazine that has him compared to Williamson from Minnesota because of his drops in college...I just very wary of a guy with that reputation.

I honestly have the feeling Teddy looks defense again in #1. If somehow Patrick Willis falls, don't be surprised to see him, and then move him outside. McShay from Scouts, Inc. said he would be a perfect strong side LB in the NFL.

I agree, I wouldn't be to happy with Meachem either. I honestly don't care what position we pick in first round as long as the player turns out to be pro bowler. Don't draft on need, draft on talent and the rest will take care of itself.

Fritz
03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Charles Robinson of the NFL network said tonight he thinks the Packers will take Meachem from Tennessee. He thinks Lynch will be gone before the 16th pick although the Packers are very high on him according to Robinson.

It was Packers night tonight on NFL total access so I watched.

Does this mean that Lynch smokes so much dope he gives people a contact buzz??