PDA

View Full Version : Draft Picks by Positions.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 06:00 AM
I know the real gurus will find this a boring thread. But, I don't know any of the players past the top 15 maybe, since living in Germany, I don't have any opportunity to scout the college ranks.

What I do know is that we lack some positions. So, I am gonna predict what positions TT selects.

I will predict he comes away with 10 players. They will be:

1st: LB
2nd: LB
3rd: DE
4th: RB
5th OG
6th: WR
7th OG
8th QB
9th: DE
10th:DB

Anyone wanna play?

LEWCWA
04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
1-te
2-lb
3-ol
4-de
5-wr
6-cb
7-ol
8-qb

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2006, 07:49 AM
1: LB (Hawk)
2: OG (Joseph)
3: WR (Hagan)
4: OG/OC (Eslinger)
5a: CB (Lay)
5b: QB
7: LB

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Harv, I think Hagan's too small to waste a 3 on him and so is Eslinger....

If Mangold last to the 3rd, then maybe. Hagan might be gone, since this is not a WR draft...

Rastak
04-27-2006, 09:21 AM

If Mangold last to the 3rd, then maybe. Hagan might be gone, since this is not a WR draft...

Mangold won't go past the top of round 2 I think....

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2006, 09:28 AM

Hagan isn't small. He's 6'2" 208 and ran a 4.42 40. I think he fits what the Packers are looking for.

Strengths: He possesses adequate-to-good size. Shows adequate height, good bulk and is well-built. Has above average strength. Is quicker than fast. He shows good initial burst and excellent feet. He possesses fluid hips and is a smooth route runner. A WR with a natural knack for separating from man-coverage, even though he lacks elite speed. He doesn't gear down much when getting into his breaks and he shows good burst when coming out. He has a great feel for finding soft spots in zone. His consistency catching the football is still a concern but it is clearly an area that he has improved on from earlier in his career. He has quick hands and shows the ability to pluck while on the run without losing much in transition. He adjusts very well to the poorly thrown ball. He shows excellent body control and balance. He is shifty and shows excellent vision after the catch. Possesses smooth hips and changes directions quickly. He will make sharp cuts against the grain and shows good initial burst out of his breaks. A tough runner who does a good job protecting the ball. A high-character player and a good team leader. Will work hard on the field, in the weight room and in the film room.

Weaknesses: He is shifty but lacks an explosive second-gear to run by defenders after the catch. Doesn't play as fast as his timed forty. He had a bout with dropped passes early in his sophomore season (2003) and also had some key drops during the 2005 season  biggest came versus USC. He has quick hands and can pluck, but his focus wavers sometimes and he also has a tendency to fight the ball at times. He is not as aggressive or confident going over the middle of the field and he may lack some toughness as a receiver. May struggle to release vs. press coverage in the NFL; lacks savvy in that regard.

Overall: Hagan started three of the 14 games that he played as a true freshman in 2002. He started 10 of the 12 games he played in 2003, when he finished with a team-high 66 receptions for 1,076 yards and nine TDs. As a junior in 2004, Hagan finished with a team-high 83 receptions for 1,248 yards and 10 TDs and earned second-team All-Pac 10 honors. He finished with a season-high nine catches for 182 yards and a touchdown in the Sun Bowl win over Purdue. Hagan has had another exceptionally productive season as a senior in 2005 and will have led the Sun Devils in receiving in each of his last three seasons (2003-'05). As a senior in 2005, Hagan finished with 1,210 yards and eight TDs on 77 receptions. Hagan does not possess explosive speed and he will occasionally fight the ball as a receiver. However, he has adequate-to-good size, is a savvy route runner with impressive quickness and instincts, and he will pick up some valuable yards after the catch. Hagan also shows good intangibles, as he is an experienced, durable, high-character player with good leadership skills. Hagan does not grade out as an elite receiver prospect but he has the qualities of a No. 2 possession receiver in the NFL and he should be ready to contribute immediately. We think the first round is a reach, but Hagan is worth selecting in the late-second, early-third round range of the 2006 draft.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Here is nfldraftcount.com's value board. I guess it is one that you can go off of during draft day if you didn't make your own.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valueboard.html

Pack0514
04-27-2006, 09:32 AM
After the Woodson signing, I'm going with this now:

1. OL - D. Fergusen (move Tausch to guard)
2. LB - Thomas Howard
3. WR - Martin Nance
4. C - Greg Eslinger
5a. QB - Tarvaris Jackson
5b. RB or FB
7. WR / KR

In the words of MC Hammer..... "You can't touch this...."

Partial
04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Why do you guys all want to draft a player to play OUT OF POSITION, and take another SOLID STARTER, and move them OUT OF POSITION.

That is playing two guys out of position. Who knows if they could be effective. That's a huge gamble and a really dumb move. You'd be better off just drafting the best guard then doing that.

I say get Hawk, and get the best guard in the draft in the second. You effectively shore up two positions.

oregonpackfan
04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
"... biggest game versus USC. He has quick hands and can pluck, but his focus wavers sometimes..."

The scout claims Derek Hagen's best game came against USC. I did not see that game.

What game I DID see live at Corvallis was Arizona State against Oregon State. Derek Hagen made mincement out of the Beavers' secondary.

By the second quarter, OSU was assigning two DB's to cover him and he was still getting 3-5 yards separation from them.

The guy is a game-breaker, IMO.

Oregonpackfan

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
O.K. He's 6'1 3/4"! So he's not small. I stand corrected, but He's not a real eager beaver over the middle deep threat either...

OS PA
04-27-2006, 01:49 PM
1st - LB (Hawk)
2nd - OG (Joseph)
3rd - OC (Eslinger)
4th - WR (Hass)
5th - WR/KR (Aramashadou)
5th - QB or K (Basanez or Gostowski)
6th - K or QB (Gostowski or Basanez)

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
LB is not the greatest postition of need. They need help at DE, G, WR much more.

Bretsky
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
LB is not the greatest postition of need. They need help at DE, G, WR much more.

They are weaker at LB than DE or WR IMO.

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
OK linebackers get the job done.

OK wide recievers simply can't get open.

And Ok DE's like KGB get exposed.

Fritz
04-28-2006, 06:19 AM
"He possesses fluid hips"

Sometimes this scout-talk makes me a little uncomfortable...

I'm hoping TT picks up a couple of linebackers, a d-back, a d-end, an o-guard, a tight end and a QB.