PDA

View Full Version : Miree Interview

MJZiggy
03-29-2007, 05:50 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/03/29/2/

After scoring five touchdowns in his first organized game as a seventh grader, Brandon Miree always knew he would collect a paycheck for playing the game of football.

Brought in specifically for his knowledge and playmaking ability surrounding the zone-blocking scheme, the third year player from Pitt has now entrenched himself as the Green and Gold's starting fullback.

After missing playing time due to injury in 2006, Miree is healed up and primed for a big year in Titletown.

Packers.com recently sat down with the bruising fullback to cover his offseason progress.

Packers.com: What have you been doing this offseason?
Miree: I've mainly been in Cincinnati. That's really been my base of operations this offseason. I've gotten out and about though. I've been to Atlanta, Nashville, New York, Denver, Mexico and some other places. I've been a lot of different places just ripping and running.

Why so many different locations?
I have an entertainment company called Street Ready, and we just acquired a movie called Everthing's Jake. You can find some info on it at EverythingsJakeFilm.com. We're coming out with an album as well. Right now the album is untitled but it's going to be by a guy named D.J. Pharris, who is the deejay king of the Midwest. I've also been doing some real estate stuff in Cincinnati, so it's been cool.

Did you have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl this year?
I just said, "Hey, let the best team win." I feel like the best team did win but it was good that Chicago got there and represented the NFC North. They were a good representative.

What did you think when you saw the Colts hold up the Vince Lombardi trophy?
It's one of those things that you're kind of removed from being another fan at that point because you have to move on as a player. It motivates you to work hard and win it the next year.

Was there ever a time growing up that your parents embarrassed you?
Tell me about it! One time, I was in the sixth grade at a church convention in Cleveland, and my Mom couldn't find me. We were outside, there were hundreds of people all around, and she has the loudest voice in the world! She started yelling, "BRANDON!!!!" and the whole crowd became silent. There were even a couple people shrieking because their ears hurt! It was bad. I was so embarrassed.

What is your favorite sports movie of all time?
I would say, The Program. When I was growing up, that was just a solid movie. Every football player my age would probably say The Program because it was a hyped-up, action movie and had some pretty good action sequences in it.

You sustained an elbow injury last season. Do you expect to be 100% by training camp?
Definitely, I feel better every day. The injury was a tough transition because I got here and was just getting into the swing of things when I had that setback. I had to work my way back into the offense a little bit, but injuries are apart of football. You just have to deal with it.

How much more of a benefit will it be to be a part of a team for an entire year instead of coming in mid-season?
It will benefit me a lot. Going from that elementary form of communication as far as schemes go, to now being able to talk in specific detail about the plays, playbook and winning games. Maintaining that kind of continuity throughout the offseason is huge, and I think our game can be taken to another level because of that.

Do you have a favorite restaurant in Green Bay yet?
I'm still looking around but I have to say that pizza is my favorite food. So far, the best pizza I've ever had is in Green Bay.

Where would that be?
Gallagher's! I get a thin crust pepperoni pizza, and it just has this taste about it. My girlfriend agrees with me, and we both love pizza.

What is one of the craziest things a fan has ever said to you?
There hasn't been one particular fan but the craziest place I've ever played is Tiger Stadium against LSU - Death Valley as they call it. Aside from having a 75-year old man with a Bush-Cheney shirt on giving you the middle finger, the fans start pushing the team bus, three kids ran out to the fifty yard line before the game and mooned us, then acted like airplanes with their arms in the air and the entire crowd was cheering them on! A cop came and tackled them, and all the fans started booing the police officer!

What advice would you give to future rookies on this team?
Just to work hard. Get in here and take the advice of the veterans, the coaches and try to mesh with the system.

When did you know you could play football at a high level?
Once I started playing football in the seventh grade. I had five touchdowns in my first game and three of them got called back but they were all 50 plus yarders. It was hilarious. I always knew that I wanted to play football. Nobody had to tell me that I should play. One time when I was really little, I was watching a Cowboys game on TV and I didn't know that players wore shoulder pads and I started crying because I wanted to play football but didn't think my shoulders were big enough to play! I've always had a passion for football.

What is your favorite book?
Your Best Life Now by Joel Olsteen.

packinpatland
03-29-2007, 07:07 PM
This kid sounds like such a breath of fresh air.
So 'unPackmanlike' kind of guy.

Thanks for posting this, I had a lousy day and this lifted it abit!

packinpatland
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Ok, don't know how to edit. ............
meant Pacman, not Packman!