PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch??

b bulldog
03-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I've been hearing some rumblings that some bad "stuff" may surface before the draft on Lynch and that some think he could fall out of the first round. I was wondering if anybody knows or has any idea what these allegations could be? I did hear that they may be more sexual assault charges along with what he has been accused of already but as of now these are rumors.

pbmax
03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Its Silly Season (which is a dumb name, but haven't heard it called anything else)

First was Pat Kirwan via www.profootballtalk.com explaining that rumors told him Marshawn Lynch would drop out of the first round.

POSTED 5:30 p.m. EDT, March 29, 2007

MARSHAWN STILL A FIRST-ROUNDER

A reader has pointed out to us that Pat Kirwan of NFL.com, who recently had defensive end Jamaal Anderson completely out of his first-round mock draft, also has taken running back Marshawn Lynch off of the board.

So what gives? Kirwan says that "[q]uestions are emerging" about Lynch, but doesn't delve into said questions. We've done some poking around, and the only questions we're aware of relate to allegations that were made and promptly disregarded by a female acquaintance several months ago.

For Kirwan, however, something apparently has bubbled up in the past week to cause Lynch to fall from No. 16 to the Packers all the way out of the round.

In fact, the thinking is that Lynch won't get past the Titans at No. 19. We're told that he has visits lined up with Cleveland, Baltimore, Tennessee, Green Bay, Detroit, and Buffalo, and private workouts with the Packers and the Titans.

The Bills, Packers, and Titans all need a clear-cut No. 1 tailback. We can't see all three saying no to Lynch.

Even if they do, we envision someone trading into the bottom of round one to snare him, just like the Lions did a few years back in landing Kevin Jones.

And, though we've got no real beef with Kirwan, it's hard to ponder his slate of picks without recalling the side deal he allegedly had several years back in connection with the rookie contract of quarterback Carson Palmer, who coincidentally happened to be the No. 1 guy on Kirwan's mock draft. One league insider who eyeballed Kirwan's mock spotted several CAA clients positioned far higher than many think they will be taken.

We're not suggesting that Kirwan is pimping for Tom Condon or Ben Dogra. But the reality of the mock draft process is that agent relationships often can color the manner in which certain players are regarded.

pbmax
03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
And then original reporting from PFT saying there is nothing to supposed medical issue, but then they tell us his college coaches are killing him in interviews.

POSTED 9:54 p.m. EDT, March 29, 2007

LYNCH HAS CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH

Several league insiders have contacted us in response to our item from earlier in the day regarding vague questions regarding tailback Marshawn Lynch, to which NFL.com's Pat Kirwan recently referred in his latest mock draft. Apparently, there is talk that Lynch has back problems.

But a league source tells us that multiple teams give Lynch a clean bill of health, and the suspicion is that one or more teams are putting out negative information about Lynch in the hopes that he will slide, presumably into their laps.

It's a common dynamic this time of year. A team who really likes a guy is inclined to bad mouth him so that the team has a better chance of getting him, and a team who doesn't like a guy will talk him up so that he'll be drafted sooner, pushing more of the guys that the team likes down the board.

But another league source tells us that folks from Lynch's school, Cal, have been privately "brutalizing" Lynch, which is not a good sign. It means that Lynch pissed someone off during his time at Berkeley, which in turn means that he might piss people off in his next location.

HarveyWallbangers
03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I wonder if TT asked ARod if Lynch was an okay dude.

Fritz
03-30-2007, 12:32 PM
My sources - which I cannot name - tell me that Lynch pissed off his coaches by showing up for meetings in women's heels. Wearing those same heels was the reason that there were rumors that he had back problems.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Im starting to not like the idea of drafting Lynch. Just a gut feeling.

Woudlnt the top safety be available at #16?

Fritz
03-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Is it because of the high heels, Mad?

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Anybody stupid enough to wear heels when it's clearly not an evening event, deserves what he gets.

Fritz
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
According to my sources - which I am not at liberty to divulge - that's exactly what pissed off Lynch's coaches. That and the fact he wore open-toed shoes out of season.

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
(it frightens me just a little that you know open toed shoes are out of season)

Fritz
03-30-2007, 02:14 PM
I have three fashion-conscious daughters and a wife who occasionally is so kind and cruel as to wear heels when we go out.

cheesner
03-30-2007, 02:30 PM
According to my sources - which I am not at liberty to divulge - that's exactly what pissed off Lynch's coaches. That and the fact he wore open-toed shoes out of season.
Good gosh! :D

Tell me they weren't CFM Pumps! If they were, we could probably pick him up in the 4th.

Bretsky
03-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Im starting to not like the idea of drafting Lynch. Just a gut feeling.

Woudlnt the top safety be available at #16?

No, but the #2 will be; Landry will be gone top 10. Odds are Reggie Nelson will be there; good speed, good cover guy. Nicknamed the eraser.

Partial
03-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I wonder if TT asked ARod if Lynch was an okay dude.

What do you think he would have said?

oregonpackfan
03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I have three fashion-conscious daughters and a wife who occasionally is so kind and cruel as to wear heels when we go out.

Geez, you would think the combine would test each applicant's fashion awareness! They test just about everything else...

pbmax
03-30-2007, 08:21 PM

Geez, you would think the combine would test each applicant's fashion awareness! They test just about everything else...
That's questions 26 - 33 on the ol' Wonderlic :lol:

MadtownPacker
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Is it because of the high heels, Mad?
It's always because of the high heels, always.