packinpatland
03-30-2007, 09:33 AM
He's on right now. 10:30, E.S.T.

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2007, 09:54 AM
What did he say?

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
He likes Aaron Rodgers (I missed anything before that) He won't talk about any players under contract with other teams, it's an honor to work for the Packers and he respects the Lombardi legacy and thinks that it would be cool to be good enough that you end up with a street named after you.

(and if I never see that shirt on him again, that would be ok. He needs a woman.)

Partial
03-30-2007, 10:17 AM
isn't M3 married?

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Divorced.

ecwiscott
03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
I saw that interview last night too. The first thing that jumped out at me was that awful shirt he was wearing. :shock:

He needs a woman to help him shop for clothes. :lol:

GBRulz
03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I saw that interview last night too. The first thing that jumped out at me was that awful shirt he was wearing. :shock:

Maybe TT can take him shopping? :lol:

packinpatland
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Coach sounded really positive about the youth of the team. Felt the offensive line was most improved part of the team last year
When asked who was going to run, he said Morency, Heron and some 'youth' we don't even know about yet.

Asked about the skeptics on Brett Favre saying things like he's too old, washed up, bringing the team down etc... McCarthy said he wasn't aware of anyone saying those things. That Brett is very much the leader of the team and that he is in very good physical shape, film doesn't lie, he has alot left in his tank and he doesn't agree with anyone saying anything different.

Refused to really comment about the Moss stuff. Said he couldn't talk about a player under contract with another team.

He sounded good, very articulate and positive.

Even commented on the Packer/Bear rivalry, and when asked about Lovie Smith's talk about beating the Packers, he said he doesn't get into that kind of talk.

packinpatland
03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
And yes, that shirt was godawful ugly.

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
And this is not the first football discussion that has turned into commentary about M3's wardrobe choices. Rulz, take that man shopping and get him some decent shirts! :P

packinpatland
03-30-2007, 10:59 AM
The most brilliant minds are often in the worst dressed bodies.

LL2
03-30-2007, 11:03 AM

Yes, just look at Bill Belichick. He's a horrible dresser.

packinpatland
03-30-2007, 12:18 PM

Yes, just look at Bill Belichick. He's a horrible dresser.

Belichick wears what he wears to hide, or camouflage his huge 'man breasts'. :roll:

Fritz
03-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I hope the worst we ever say of MM is that he dresses funny.

Maybe he can't get a woman cuz he dresses funny. Maybe he dresses funny cuz he doesn't have a woman.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Divorced.
He truly is a wise man.

I didnt catch this hope they replay it today. But Im glad to hear that he was impressive.

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Check nfl.com. Ususally the better interviews show up there eventually.

Yup. You can see M3's godawful shirt here. (http://www.nfl.com/video)

b bulldog
03-30-2007, 05:29 PM
They really like Pope and think he can contribute next season.

packinpatland
03-30-2007, 05:44 PM
For those of you who didn't get a chance to see the NFL channel pieces on the Packers, it's all on the Packer.com website.

GrnBay007
03-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Divorced.

Hmmmm :idea:

lol :P

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I wonder if he has women throwing themselves at him these days?? 007, I hope you look at that shirt before you make any rash decisions! :P

motife
03-30-2007, 06:10 PM
McCarthy Interview 5:17 :

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2007/nfln-ta/off/mccarthy_interview_300k.rm

NFL Network discussion of the Packers 8:34 :

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2007/nfln-ta/off/state_of_the_franchise_packers_300k.rm

motife
03-30-2007, 06:43 PM
This is another McCarthy interview :

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy met with reporters this week at the NFL Owners Meetings in Phoenix, Ariz.

The Packers entered free agency nearly $23 million under the NFL's salary cap of $109 million, but have been very quiet in pursuing free agents. The Packers signed cornerback Frank Walker (Giants) and pursued fullbacks Justin Griffith and Terrelle Smith, but both signed with other teams.

McCarthy addressed a number of issues during a breakfast session, but here are his takes on Green Bay's inactivity during the free agency period thus far:

Q: Ted doesn't want to stunt the growth of your young guys by adding FAs, or at least that's his story and he's sticking to it. Was that your free-agency mentality?
Mike McCarthy: I think it's definitely a factor that goes into your plan for free agency. But there's other factors in that. It's whoever you have at whatever position you're talking about, too. I think it's important in free agency to make sure you get individuals that fit. That's the most important thing. And just with some of the players that we had come through, and a couple guys I coached that I'm very fond of personally, because you have value and you have fit and you have a guy that's already here, too. So you have to factor all that in. Because one thing, too, is, what's going on with our football team is we're creating opportunity for individuals that are in the program and are going about it the right way. So with that I have a lot of optimism and a very positive outlook on our future.

Q: They don't give out trophies in March, but is it hard to sit on the sideline?
McCarthy: "Are we keeping score? It's March. There's no scoreboard in March, is there? We are (working on it). It's not like we're going home at noon, you know? If you saw me play golf the other day, you'd know I've been working. I got off the tee all right though."

Q: You need more playmakers, is that fair to say?
McCarthy: "You always, when you're calling plays, you never have enough of them, so you're probably asking the wrong guy because you want playmakers across the board. But once again, we've got some young guys that we may have some playmakers there (already) that we just haven't given an opportunity to. You talk about (Shaun) Bodiford, (Vernand) Morency, P.J. Pope, they did an outstanding job on the development squad, and Arliss Beach. You talk about a guy that was having a hell of a training camp. I look at the tight end group, you've got some playmaking body types there. Tory Humphrey needs an opportunity. Donald Lee needs more opportunities. I'm hopefuly those guys are here. But you never have enough. You go through that draft board, if you have a guy that has that playmaking ability, you'd love to add him to your football team."

vince
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Maybe TT can take him shopping? :lol: :lol:

Jimx29
03-30-2007, 07:36 PM
i'm thinking the shirts not that bad..... :huh:

MJZiggy
03-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Then perhaps they need to take you shopping too? :idea: :P

Guiness
03-31-2007, 10:16 PM
i'm thinking the shirts not that bad..... :huh:

Ya. And didn't you have some harry guy wearing a yellow banana hammock as an avatar a while back? 'nuff said.

The shirt was bad. I mean, I'm an engineer, have Dilbert's fashion sense, and I still knew it was bad. And he could've tucked it in!