PDA

View Full Version : Mike Turner Discussion

Partial
03-30-2007, 05:14 PM
What do you guys think of this guy and why does everyone want him on the Packers for a second round pick?

I haven't been all that impressed with him. He is an excellent return man and a relief pitcher, but I don't know what anyone would see in him to give up a mid-#2 for him, or even swap a mid-#1 for a low-#1.

Personally, I feel like we'd be better off with drafting Pittman in the second round. The could even trade down and get him.

hawaii50
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
i like pittman in the second as well. but if we swap firsts, we get turner plus another first round pick. the way i view it is essentially it's like trading down in the first and getting two first rounders or two seconds (one of which is "used" on turner). we could then use the 30th pick on a safety/wr and use our second on a safety/BPA. I know when you factor in the "points" it seems like we're giving up a lot of value for swapping firsts, but i wouldn't mind it b/c it gives us a somewhat proven rb and still two picks in the first two rounds.

all that said, staying at 16 and drafting a future "star" and then drafting pittman in the second doesn't sound too shabby either. i think pittman could work real well in our offense.

Bub
03-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Personally I'm torn on this. Is he that good of a back, or a product of that system? I would accept the risk and swap firsts for him....it's a risk, but what isn't. Some times you have to take chances.

motife
03-30-2007, 06:02 PM
The Chargers are asking a 1st round pick for Turner.

Partial
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Personally I'm torn on this. Is he that good of a back, or a product of that system? I would accept the risk and swap firsts for him....it's a risk, but what isn't. Some times you have to take chances.

He appears to have some good acceleration and power. He's a big boy. I question his shiftyness, though, and whether he'd be a good fit for a one-cut scheme.

Tony Oday
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
I say do it in a heartbeat. I watched a bunch of SD games last year via nfl ticket and he is explosive hitting holes, can return and catch.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2007, 08:24 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=5806

Brando19
03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Yup...I started a thread like this earlier today.