PDA

View Full Version : April Resolution

Partial
03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
New Years Resolutions are so cliche, and often times difficult to start in January in cold Wisconsin.

Pick and follow through on an April Resolution. Make a post about it, and post updates throughout the month as you follow through with it.

Partial
03-31-2007, 02:26 AM
My April Resolution is to follow my training routine to the T.

It looks a little something like this.

Breakfast:
3/4 cup blueberries *super food*
1 cup skim milk
1 medium banana
1 serving ATW chocolate blend
1 6oz serving of dannon light and fit yogurt raspberry flavored *super food*
1 bottle of water

Estimate: 500 calories

PWO:
1 scoop ATW chocolate blend
2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Dextrose Mix
12 oz water

Estimate: 300 calories

PPWO/Lunch:
2 slices brownberry heart healthy wheat bread
sliced turkey breast *super food*
sprouts
tomato *super food*
3 serving carrots
1 apple

Snack:
1 fistfull (approx 14 halfs) Walnuts *super food*

Estimate: 150 Calories

Dinner:
Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast
assorted greens
sliced carrots
tomatoe
broccoli
olive oil
chayenne pepper

Nighttime recovery:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 1g fish oil capsules

Estimate: 200 calories

Total Calorie Estimate: 2150 Calories

Probably something like this for weight routine. Not too sure yet.

Monday - Pull
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) wide stance deadlift (sumo?)
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) assisted pullups
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) seated cable rows
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) lat pulldown
3 sets (12) hammer curls

Wednesday - Push
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) decline bench
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) assisted dips
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) incline bench
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) shoulder press
3 sets (12) skull crushers
3 sets (20) bodyweight wall pushups

Friday - Legs
4 sets (10) squats
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) leg curls
4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6) leg extensios
3 sets (10) leg press
4 sets (15) calf raise
4 sets (10) bodyweight lunges

On Tuesday and Thursday, I will substitute meal PWO for a meal of 14 walnut halves. I have a tough time stuffing down this much food anyway, so that will be a nice break.

justanotherpackfan
03-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Partial, have you ever thought about starting a journal on JSF? I know it helps me stick with my goals and it's a good way to keep track of everything.

Anyway, mine is to stick with my training for this month even though it's going to get tough.

BallHawk
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, my goal was to make it to Nationals in the GeoBee, but I lost at States, so that's that.

My goal now is to keep up my good grades so I can get into this good summer camp at Yale, which is a political sort of thing.

Partial
04-01-2007, 01:24 AM
"Yale, Fuck Yale. What are you? Gay?" - Comedian guy

If you want to be a Badger, than punch an ivy leaguer in the face.

No one else has the stones to make a resolution and stick to it?

Partial
04-01-2007, 01:24 AM
atta boys my friends BH and JAPF.

Carry on, my wayward sons.

BallHawk
04-01-2007, 08:10 AM
"Yale, Fuck Yale. What are you? Gay?" - Comedian guy

If you want to be a Badger, than punch an ivy leaguer in the face.

No one else has the stones to make a resolution and stick to it?

I either want to go to Harvard or UW-Madison. Yes, the education is at a higher standard at Harvard, but UW ranks among the top in public-colleges, and being in Wisconsin and having the Badger atmosphere would be great. It's a hard one to decide on. Then again, that's 4 years down the road.

justanotherpackfan
04-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Where are you slackers? :lol:

Today, I completed an 8 mile run in the frigid cold. The worst part was the strong head wind on the hills. Total mileage=394 miles.

Mazzin
04-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I know this is off subject, but what do you guys think about ripped fuel...my boyfriend who used to work out all the time, stopped and gained some weight, he has lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks with he is looking really good, but he just started taking ripped fuel, what do you guys think about this? I mean it is ephedra free so it can't be THAT bad, but i just think he can do it without it, he is working out 5 nights a week for and hour, and running for 30 mins on the elliptical machine 6 nights a week....(that thing kicks your ass, and he does it on the highest level, hes a big boy!) and drinks NOTHING but water now, and only eats healthy now, i think he could just do it naturally but he said it would "speed up" his results, what do you guys think?

BallHawk
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I know this is off subject, but what do you guys think about ripped fuel...my boyfriend who used to work out all the time, stopped and gained some weight, he has lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks with he is looking really good, but he just started taking ripped fuel, what do you guys think about this? I mean it is ephedra free so it can't be THAT bad, but i just think he can do it without it, he is working out 5 nights a week for and hour, and running for 30 mins on the elliptical machine 6 nights a week....(that thing kicks your ass, and he does it on the highest level, hes a big boy!) and drinks NOTHING but water now, and only eats healthy now, i think he could just do it naturally but he said it would "speed up" his results, what do you guys think?

It's like any other energy supplement, it has its side effects, but if he doesn't abuse it, he'll be fine.

justanotherpackfan
04-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Ephedra is illegal in supplements.

I doubt it will help much, if at all. It basically comes down to diet.

Partial
04-05-2007, 10:17 PM

Ephedra isn't illegal anymore, and synthetic ephedra(ephedrine) never was. I've taken an ECA (200 mg caffeine, adult sized aspirin, 1 bronchaid tablet) twice a day for several weeks on and off and I've never had any problems with it.

Partial
04-05-2007, 10:18 PM
BH be a Badger. Go to one of those schools for graduate work. Their is no sense in pissing away 40+g a year. Especially if you want to be something that doesn't make a lot of money.

JAPF, I have been getting my shit done but have been pretty bummed and down lately because a friend of mine commit suicide.

justanotherpackfan
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM

Ephedra isn't illegal anymore, and synthetic ephedra(ephedrine) never was. I've taken an ECA (200 mg caffeine, adult sized aspirin, 1 bronchaid tablet) twice a day for several weeks on and off and I've never had any problems with it.
I thought Ephedra was only legal to be taken by prescription? Over-dosing on Ephedra can be fatal as was the case with the old Hydroxycut.

justanotherpackfan
04-05-2007, 11:11 PM
JAPF, I have been getting my shit done but have been pretty bummed and down lately because a friend of mine commit suicide.
I'm sorry to here that.

CyclonePackFan
04-05-2007, 11:46 PM

Tell him not to waste his time. Regardless of whether ephedra is legal again (ban was overturned), it's still the basic scheme. The ECA stack basically is a bunch of stimulants which boost your metabolism (with the side effects of increased energy, etc.) It does work, but it only increases metabolism slightly (ephedra was the real kicker ingredient), usually a couple of percent. While it depends on the person, the stimulants can f*ck with your heart (the same way drinking six cups of coffee daily would). I was on stuff like that for a while, and got weird chest pains, and when I went off it, my metabolism dropped drastically (also didn't help that I couldn't work out anymore) and I gained everything back and more.

If your boyfriend is working out as hard as you mention, he'll lose the weight naturally.

Also, Partial, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Partial
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I've done ECA before.

I have also done the Anarchy stack and the SwoleCat stack. I wouldn't necessarily take them for weight loss purposes because really if you don't have your foundation (diet, weight training schedule) down pat, it really won't do you a lick of good. And its expensive.

I use it more for energy purposes. I have tried to drink Green Tea before, but I simply cannot do it. It just isn't my cup o' tea, so to speak :P

So, I stack a Green Tea capsule (devoid of caffeine), with some Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR - normally 2 capsules that I am unsure of the miligrams), one adult aspirin (I only do the aspirin in the stack once a day), a no-dose, and one bronchaid.

Crush up any of the pills that are not sealed with a disolvable plastic. The effect is much greater.

Your heart will be beating pretty good during the day and you will definitely be wide awake during the entire day.

You will have the best workout of your life, though. Make sure you take two-three minutes in between sets to maximize the effects here and let your heart cool down. After all, resistance training is supposed to be anaerobic.

NOTE: Don't do this unless you are experienced and done your homework. I was really, really into fitness so I know my stuff and know what works for my body and what my heart can withstand.

Partial
04-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Ultimately though, tell the guy to focus on lifting. There really isn't a whole lot of need for cardio work unless he is interested in going really slow and just burning a little fat in the morning or if he wants to be a runner.

Resistance training gives the heart enough of a workout that you will greatly improve your cardiovascular health, and you won't have the catabolic effects of running slowing down your lifting gains.

Tell him to do big, compound movements and he can maximize results while minimizing time. His heart will also get beating very, very hard doing squats and deads.

Partial
04-10-2007, 09:26 AM
I am back on track with my plan and rocking it.

Is it kind of sad that I could do pullups two years ago and now struggle to do even one with good form? stupid fatness.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-10-2007, 03:26 PM
If you are fat, why are you eating over 2000 cals a day. You need to drop to around 1500-1800 if you are trying to really lose weight. But, i guess it all depends on your mbr..but, without a real doctor..it is guess work. I would keep it under 2000.

Couple of suggestions. First, more meals at less cals. You should be eating 5/6 times a day. At your current 2100 cals...6 x 350 does it for you. Less to eat at each meal, but more meals..keeps your metabolism revved higher.

Protein: Studies have shown a better success rate with mixed protein. ATW is all whey. You don't want that.

Breakfast: Way to many cals. Also, skip the yogurt. Why would you eat that? Also, why are you eating two servings of fruit. Ditch one. Get some sort of starch in there.

Lunch: One, lose the brownberry. You can find bread with less calories that also has protein. I eat orowheat and get 80 cals with 4gs of protein..and that is for 2 slices. U should be able to find a bread that gives you 130 cals with 4-7gs of protein. You need some fat in your diet. Don't be afraid to add a reduced fat cheese like alpine lace. You'll get around 7gs of protein. Also, how much protein are you getting in this meal.

Personally, I would make this a salad with protein meal. Get you 30gs of protein with almost no calories.

Snack: Lose the nuts. Pack a sandwich (eat the salad instead)..good bread, turkey, reduced cheese. Add an apple. 300 cals.

Dinner: If you aren't measuring the amount of oil you are fooling yourself. At least know how many calories you are getting. BTW, 6oz chicken with no skin, roasted should be 280 cals. Can't determine you cals from veggies, but it is safe to assume that you are getting around a third of your cals from the oil. Not good. Find a a good marinade or rub.

Snack: Get another protein shake/meal replacement in.

Your lifting...what exactly is your goal. You aren't getting enough protein to put on mass, so i'm guessing you are trying to drop some pounds and get lean.

You should really be doing some supersets and some cardio. I would advise something like chest and back on monday, arms and shoulders on weds, and legs on friday. And, skip the 12..8. Get 15 in or until failure. You don't need 4 sets, 3 will work just fine. Also, decline chest is pretty much a waste. You get enough pec major with doing any sort of press.

Here is a workout for monday. You can do it, but remember to change the way you do it. So, if you do a dumbell press one week, do it on a machine the next week, and then bench the following. Also, work in doing some stuff on the flex balls...works your core at the same time. The key is to keep your body from getting use to the workout. You will see better results doing that than switching your routine every 2/3 months.

Mon: dumbell press and then right away to lat pulldown (remember to not let your arms fully extend..thats cheating). Flys (on the bench, on the ball, on the machine..you pick..just vary it)..then a back excercise like a cable row. Incline chest (dumbell, machine, etc) then jump into a bent over row. You can add an incline fly and another back if you choose.

The lat pulldown (sub in chin up, etc.) is going to hit your lats and teres major. Row is good for you general back (covers all the traps). Between two rows you are gonna be fine..no need for shrugs.

When I say right away..it is one set of chest then one set of back. Then rest if you want.

I guarantee that this will get your heart rate up, get you cut, keep it fresh and best of all done within an hour.

And, don't forget the ab work.

Remember, it is 80% diet, 10% workout, 10% supplements.

PS. Tyrone is into his 40s and yet most people think Tyrone is early 30s. Tyrone also keeps himself quite lean..but, crack helps.

Partial
04-10-2007, 03:30 PM
thanks for the advice, but I think i'll stick with what i'm doing.

Gotta eat up if you want to keep muscle. It's a slow cut but it will work.

Cutting diet is based around these "super foods:

From WebMD: (http://www.webmd.com/content/article/81/96952.htm)

* Beans
* Blueberries
* Broccoli
* Oats
* Oranges
* Pumpkin
* Salmon
* Soy
* Spinach
* Tea (green or black)
* Tomatoes
* Turkey
* Walnuts
* Yogurt

My carbs are primarily early in the day designated around my lifting schedule in order to fuel the body.

Later on in the day, it is primarily omega 3 and omega 9 fats to keep my blood and heart healthy. It is a very favorable ratio of Omega3:Omega6 fats.

I now measure my oil, end up using two tablespoons. There is nothing wrong with that because you're right in saying you need fat and that is an excellent way of getting a natural source of omega-9.

It is a very nutrient dense diet and the three day split is pretty intense, but very well designed. It seperates all pushing and pulling movement and gives the legs their own day. I take about 3 minutes of rest in between sets which most people think is insane, but when you're lifting using primarily big compound movements, your body needs time to recover.

the_idle_threat
04-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm gonna grill up some ribeyes and eat until I'm full. Then maybe I'll pick up some heavy shit and put it down again. Maybe a few times. :lol:

Partial
04-10-2007, 03:46 PM
The reasoning behind my meal choices is actually pretty solid in my opinion.

Breakfast is primarily fruit based because they are packed with nutrients and will replenish my liver gylcogen. The carbs from the milk will gradually restore the blood gylcogen deposits and it also offers some protein (albeit incomplete). The primary reasoning behind the milk is for the calcium.
The whey is an incomplete protein but it is the most bioavailable one. I would go for a mix of casean, egg, whey, etc, but I consider it unnecessary because it is still an incomplete protein. It is a very good amount of carbs before lifting.

After lifting, I immediately want to have an insulin spike so I take dextrose(crystal form of glucose) w/ its GI of 100. That, paired with whey(digests very quickly), releases a lot of anabolic hormones.

About an hour later, I want to refuel my body with a complete protein source and some complex carbs since I am lacking these earlier in the day. Turkey is the leanest protein on earth and I am trying to go strictly carb/protein here and minimize the fat intake. It is also a complete protein loaded with branch-chain amino acids. The whole grain wheat bread isn't idle but I am on the go, so I will take it for my complex carbs. The veggies add fiber and nutrients.

It is at this point that I am extremely full, because healthy food is very filling and digests much slower, leaving you feeling fuller.

I snack on a fistful of walnuts around 2-3 oclock. These nuts have incomplete proteins, but a good amount of fiber and are great for heart health. Omega 3 fat is great for the heart and getting plenty of it will only improve your physical appearance, alertness, overall wellness, etc. I really hate the walnuts but I choke them down. Yuck.

In my quest to keep my body loaded with plenty of BCAAs and complete proteins, I have some chicken at dinner with carrots(vitamin a rich), tomatos(super food, packed with nutrients), broccoli (good source of calcium, fiber, and chock full of vitamins), and then olive oil (omega 9 fats). It should be noted that there are very few if any source of omega 6 fats in here. Which is good. I'd rather get primarily 3s.

Before bed, I take my 5g of fish oil which is loaded with health benefits. It is all omega-3 fat which is good since my family has a history of high cholesterol. The cottage cheese is an incomplete protein, but it is still an excellent source. The casein protein is their(slow digesting), paired with the omega3 fats(also slow digesting) feed my body over night. It is a very nutritious meal for right before bed.

So there you have it. A diet with plenty of fat in order to teach my body to let go of it, complete proteins to repair my muscles and reduce DOMS, and a solid weight routine designed to maximize muscle memory for sports and working multiple joints on most exercises.

It seems to make a good deal of sense.

Partial
04-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm gonna grill up some ribeyes and eat until I'm full. Then maybe I'll pick up some heavy shit and put it down again. Maybe a few times. :lol:

MMMMMMMmmmm steak

MJZiggy
04-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Can I be your new workout partner? :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM

Can I be your new workout partner? :mrgreen:

Sure ... You aren't intimidated by the complexity of my workout routine? :D

Tyrone Bigguns
04-10-2007, 04:09 PM

* Beans
* Blueberries
* Broccoli
* Oats
* Oranges
* Pumpkin
* Salmon
* Soy
* Spinach
* Tea (green or black)
* Tomatoes
* Turkey
* Walnuts
* Yogurt

My carbs are primarily early in the day designated around my lifting schedule in order to fuel the body.

Later on in the day, it is primarily omega 3 and omega 9 fats to keep my blood and heart healthy. It is a very favorable ratio of Omega3:Omega6 fats.

I now measure my oil, end up using two tablespoons. There is nothing wrong with that because you're right in saying you need fat and that is an excellent way of getting a natural source of omega-9.

It is a very nutrient dense diet and the three day split is pretty intense, but very well designed. It seperates all pushing and pulling movement and gives the legs their own day. I take about 3 minutes of rest in between sets which most people think is insane, but when you're lifting using primarily big compound movements, your body needs time to recover.

If you wanna keep muscle you need a pecentage of you body weight. Tyrone it 170 at 18% fat (now dieting to get back down after lifting to gain mass). To maintain I need around 110. If you are heavier you are gonna need more obviously.

Eat up: That is my point. You aren't eating enough of the right stuff. But, you decide.

Intense: Your lifting isn't intense..not compared to a superset..and a workout that is to failure. And, 3 minutes rest is if you wanna build muscle..not get cut. Your workout and diet are at odds. The workout i gave for monday has more sets. And, pyramiding is for really advanced lifters.

How do you expect to get cut if you aren't working the muscles. One shoulder excercise. You aren't really working the lat delt, post delt, or the supra.

Or your calves. You should be doing at least 30 reps per set. Seated and standing. If you aren't doing seated then u don't hit the soleus.

Insane: Yep, most people are wrong, but you are right. That should tell you something.

Your whole write up sounds like something you've read, not like something you've done. I've been working out, lifting, and eating right for almost as many years as you've been alive.

Anabolic: If u want that, buy a supplement.

BTW, I don't see any multivitamin in your diet. Essential.

Partial
04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Tyrone I have been bulking and cutting for years. I'm about 210 at 20% body fat right now. I am a big guy. I build the vast majority of my cutting diets from john stone fitness.

I don't like paying a lot for vitamins so I take 3 of the cheap walmart one a days and crush them and put them in my breakfast shake.

I'm cutting off fat so I am trying to maintain my muscle (I eat 200+ g of protein a day on this diet).

Different things work for different people. I know my body fairly well, and I know it will work.

I don't do a lot of shoulder work because I have an inbalance in my shoulders to the proportion of the rest of my body.

But, I must say I am a firm believer in a few core exercises and the rest are just complimentary to it. If you want to get big all over, you deadlift and squat like no tomorrow. Compliment that with some rows, pulls, as well as chest and shoulder presses and you'll get strong fast.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Tyrone I have been bulking and cutting for years. I'm about 210 at 20% body fat right now. I am a big guy. I build the vast majority of my cutting diets from john stone fitness.

I don't like paying a lot for vitamins so I take 3 of the cheap walmart one a days and crush them and put them in my breakfast shake.

I'm cutting off fat so I am trying to maintain my muscle (I eat 200+ g of protein a day on this diet).

Different things work for different people. I know my body fairly well, and I know it will work.

I don't do a lot of shoulder work because I have an inbalance in my shoulders to the proportion of the rest of my body.

But, I must say I am a firm believer in a few core exercises and the rest are just complimentary to it. If you want to get big all over, you deadlift and squat like no tomorrow. Compliment that with some rows, pulls, as well as chest and shoulder presses and you'll get strong fast.

I've read your posts before and you've talked about getting in shape and what to do. Furthermore, if you are in college, you haven't been doing anything for years. Get serious.

I've looked at your posted diet and there is no way you are getting 200gs of protein. Breakfast..max 40. Shake=20gs. Snack...maybe 8..a cup has 18. Sandwich...35. Dinner..30.

justanotherpackfan
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I disagree with almost everything Tyrone has said so far but it's tough to figure out how you're getting 200g of protein. Of course, we don't know how many grams are in the protein powder and how much turkey you're eating, etc.

justanotherpackfan
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
5 mile run today in the freezing cold snow storm.

Merlin
04-11-2007, 07:57 PM
What is this the Partial "the dietitian" thread?

I am guessing that having a registered dietitian for a mother would basically make me the anti-christ.

If you need artificial supplements to help you along then your diet isn't right for what you are trying to achieve.

justanotherpackfan
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
What is this the Partial "the dietitian" thread?

I am guessing that having a registered dietitian for a mother would basically make me the anti-christ.

If you need artificial supplements to help you along then your diet isn't right for what you are trying to achieve.
No, this thread is meant to keep us all on track with our April goals. We just have gotten off topic a little.

You're missing the point with supplements. They are exactly what they're named and are meant to be a supplement to a proper diet. The effectiveness of them can be debated forever, but one thing is clear, they have very minimal to no effect without a proper diet. While Partial's diet may not be **fantastic**, it's not bad at all either.

Merlin
04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Everything depend on what you are trying to achieve my friend. Supplements are not the way to achieve anything IMO.

justanotherpackfan
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Supplements are not the way to achieve anything IMO.
No kidding, they aren't "miracle" drugs that will do your training for you but they can help to a minimal extent when taken with a proper diet.

Personally, I don't take anything except protein powder because I don't believe supplements will help me enough to be worth the money.

Partial
04-11-2007, 11:09 PM

You my friend are crazy.

I have been doing my lifting and have been having serious DOMS. I love it!

I am excited for the leg workout on friday. My legs are finally feeling better from last weeks workout today, so hopefully I can push it even harder on friday.

I am thinking with the emphasis on the big lifts I will be getting cut quickly while adding/maintaining strength.

justanotherpackfan
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM

You my friend are crazy.

I have been doing my lifting and have been having serious DOMS. I love it!

I am excited for the leg workout on friday. My legs are finally feeling better from last weeks workout today, so hopefully I can push it even harder on friday.

I am thinking with the emphasis on the big lifts I will be getting cut quickly while adding/maintaining strength.
I had to get it done. I've ran in worse. Even though it wasn't snowing, back when the temps were 10 below I went for an 8 mile run and nearly got frostbite on my fingers. I'm just happy the snow and cold is most likely over now.

Yeah, DOMS is always nice to feel. Makes you think you're making some serious progress.

Partial
04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Tore up the gym tonight. I have never deadlifted so much before and my heart felt like it was going to explode.

Let me tell you, going from deadlifts, to stiff-leg deadlifts, to pullups is simply exhausting. That might be the hardest workout sequence i've ever experienced.

retailguy
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Supplements are not the way to achieve anything IMO.

:shock: You mean all that stuff I bought on the internet won't help me "add inches". There must be some truth in advertising.... I think I'll sue! :P

Partial
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Alright guys, i've got to share because I just made one of my most delicious dinner concoctions yet.

It is a chicken fajita salad.

First, I started with a pound of boneless skinless chicken breast. I thawed it during the day, then I cooked it about 3/4 done w/ several slices of lime, a tablespoon of lime juice, and a table spoon of olive oil.

Then, I cut up some green pepper and sweet onion. Added those along with some mccormicks fajita seasoning to the mix.

Finally, I added some black beans for fiber and protein to the ensemble at the end after draining.

Served over spinach, with a little mexican flavored prepackaged cheese as well as some hot salsa, it is a delicious meal!

justanotherpackfan
04-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Alright guys, i've got to share because I just made one of my most delicious dinner concoctions yet.

First, I started with a pound of boneless skinless chicken breast. I thawed it during the day, then I cooked it about 3/4 done w/ several slices of lime, a tablespoon of lime juice, and a table spoon of olive oil.

Then, I cut up some green pepper and sweet onion. Added those along with some mccormicks fajita seasoning to the mix.

Finally, I added some black beans for fiber and protein to the ensemble at the end after draining.

Served over spinach, with a little mexican flavored prepackaged cheese as well as some hot salsa, it is a delicious meal!
Sounds great, I may have to try it some time. I've got one.

Simply, 1 cup brown rice with 2 tbsp. natural salsa, with cut up boiled chicken on top.

justanotherpackfan
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Tore up the gym tonight. I have never deadlifted so much before and my heart felt like it was going to explode.

Let me tell you, going from deadlifts, to stiff-leg deadlifts, to pullups is simply exhausting. That might be the hardest workout sequence i've ever experienced.
How much were you pulling?

I prefer RDLs and good mornings over SLDLs.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Sounds great, I may have to try it some time. I've got one.

Simply, 1 cup brown rice with 2 tbsp. natural salsa, with cut up boiled chicken on top.

Have you people ever heard of spices? Try adding a little cilantro, a bit of salt and black pepper and then a shot of red pepper for a little fun. If that doesn't do it for you, try some anchos or something.

Partial
04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Mine is loaded up with those prepackaged spices.

Zig I am a cooking fiend I love spices and marinades and all the good stuff.

Partial
04-12-2007, 09:43 PM

How much were you pulling?

I prefer RDLs and good mornings over SLDLs.

Not that much but they get your heart beating hard.

What is RDL? I only do standard dead lifts for my lower back, stiffleg for my back, hams and ass, and then sumo style to change it up.

GrnBay007
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM

be careful with the prepackaged spices.....they are loaded with sodium.

Partial
04-12-2007, 09:49 PM

be careful with the prepackaged spices.....they are loaded with sodium.

Yep, but I don't worry too much about the sodium because I don't have any issues with blood pressure and I drink enough water (about 2 gal a day) to negate any bloating effects from it.

But yes, you are completely correct. Especially the stir frying variety. Not only are they loaded w/ salt and potassium, they want you to add a ton of soy sauce as well. Eek!

justanotherpackfan
04-12-2007, 10:01 PM
What is RDL? I only do standard dead lifts for my lower back, stiffleg for my back, hams and ass, and then sumo style to change it up.
Romanian Deadlift, the greatest lift every invented. I love doing these. Very similar to a good morning and SLDL.

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=31716

Partial
04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Romanian Deadlift, the greatest lift every invented. I love doing these. Very similar to a good morning and SLDL.

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=31716

Good Ol' Chicanerous. He's been there for years. I do convention and stiff-legged. The romanian seems to combine them.

justanotherpackfan
04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
8 mile run today.

justanotherpackfan
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Good Ol' Chicanerous. He's been there for years. I do convention and stiff-legged. The romanian seems to combine them.
Yeah, he knows so much and he's only 19.

But yes, you are completely correct. Especially the stir frying variety. Not only are they loaded w/ salt and potassium, they want you to add a ton of soy sauce as well. Eek!
There's nothing wrong with potassium. It's a key mineral in the body that is very important in maintaining electrolyte balance.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Weren't you the one who asked a short time ago how to tell if a whole chicken is done?

Partial
04-12-2007, 10:30 PM

Weren't you the one who asked a short time ago how to tell if a whole chicken is done?

Correct. I had never cooked an entire chicken before. I always use Boneless Skinless breasts for my chicken because I have never been in a situation where I couldn't afford them.

Seriously, I am quite the cook. Do you not remember the Chicken Vino Bianco mouthgasm? I don't even use the recipe, I created my own that is far better than the olive garden recipe on PR.

Nowadays I cook a turkey breast every Sunday for one of my meals. I make a delicious blueberry based smoothie in the morning for breakfast. I have been cooking a lot of sweet and sour chicken wraps for the weekends.

And for the ladies with the sweet teeth(tooth), I make a mean A. puppy cow, B. Cheese cake, C. Banana Foster

Partial
04-12-2007, 10:31 PM
8 mile run today.

How are your knees and shins holding up? Be careful not to tear those up with all the running.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Olive Garden version???? NEVER insult the vino blanco recipe! EVER!!!! :evil:

Partial
Yeah, he knows so much and he's only 19.

There's nothing wrong with potassium. It's a key mineral in the body that is very important in maintaining electrolyte balance.

Potassium is excess is just as bad as sodium, though. The key is getting a solid balance between the two for blood health.

I eat a ton of bananas so I don't worry too much about potassium and sodium intake.

I would think I knock off most of my vitamin and mineral needs w/ my 3 crushed one-a-days. I used to use mega mens multies and then a kent nutrition branded multi-vitamin, but they tasted like shit so I stopped.

Partial
Olive Garden version???? NEVER insult the vino blanco recipe! EVER!!!! :evil:

That is what they use at the olive garden...

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Are you suggesting that Badgepack plagiarized that recipe?

Partial
04-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Are you suggesting that Badgepack plagiarized that recipe?

Definitely google searched it. I created my own based off a one my buddy Blake taught me to do.

While others were out drinking at 8pm on Saturdays, we would cook and eat in style in the dorms then begin our drinking closer to 10.

Partial
04-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Felt very week in the gym today. I might need to increase my calories or carbs. I will give it another week and then make a change if my leg day doesn't improve.

I failed on my first lunge attempt after 5 sets of squats. Need to man up.

justanotherpackfan
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Potassium is excess is just as bad as sodium, though. The key is getting a solid balance between the two for blood health.

I eat a ton of bananas so I don't worry too much about potassium and sodium intake.

I would think I knock off most of my vitamin and mineral needs w/ my 3 crushed one-a-days. I used to use mega mens multies and then a kent nutrition branded multi-vitamin, but they tasted like shit so I stopped.
I really doubt you have anything to worry about in getting excess potassium. For ages 14 and older your daily intake should be 4700mg according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine. That is a lot.

justanotherpackfan
04-14-2007, 08:28 PM
How are your knees and shins holding up? Be careful not to tear those up with all the running.
Considering I've ran 439 miles this year they're holding up just fine. Remember earlier when I said I changed my running form in order to avoid anymore patellar tendonitis which I got early in my training?

13 mile run today.

justanotherpackfan
04-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I wish I could do some tri's, unfortunately the sport costs thousands of dollars for everything. Maybe in 10 years when I'm holding down a steady job.

Partial, I have to ask how important you think grades and everything and doing well in high school is for your future?

Partial
04-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't think they're particularly important to be honest. But, I wish I had done better and gave it my all is hs. It gets you much more prepared for college and leaves you a more mature person.

Give it everything you've got in everything in life. Get that 4.0+ gpa.

mmmdk
04-15-2007, 04:10 AM

* Beans
* Blueberries
* Broccoli
* Oats
* Oranges
* Pumpkin
* Salmon
* Soy
* Spinach
* Tea (green or black)
* Tomatoes
* Turkey
* Walnuts
* Yogurt

Could you be the new Packer WR?

Guiness
04-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Looking at your diet plans Partial, you'll be jealous to know that I've got wild blueberries growing 20' out of my back yard. The comparison to the 'farm raised' ones isn't even worth talking about.

They freeze really well, and are easy to pick. I generally put 30-40 liters (120+ cups) in the deep freeze in August, and they're lucky to see February.

A comments about what I've been reading in this thread: for all of you who diss supplements, truth is that they can work IF you put in the necessary work. Athletes at stronger and faster now than every before, and a lot of the reason for that is the ability to get what you need, when you need it. One example is taking Amino Acids immediately after an intense workout to prevent your muscles from entering a catabolic state. That sort of stuff just wasn't available in the '60s.

Partial
04-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Guiness I am very jealous of that. Blueberries are extremely tasty and also very expensive to buy from the store. You're a lucky guy.

I also agree 100% with your view on supps. They aren't miracle workers but if every other element of your routine is in order they will be effective.

justanotherpackfan
04-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't think they're particularly important to be honest. But, I wish I had done better and gave it my all is hs. It gets you much more prepared for college and leaves you a more mature person.

Give it everything you've got in everything in life. Get that 4.0+ gpa.
I earned a 4.0 last quarter and am hoping to do it again with only 35 days of school left 'till summer. How important do you think extra-curricular activities and being involved in school (sports, clubs) are in getting into college?

Partial
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
I don't think they matter at all if you're going to Wisconsin. I think they matter a lot if you're thinking ivy league.

Be a Badger. If you go to like Harvard or something it is throwing money away. You go to a great private school for post-undergrad(graduate phd track, graduate masters track, physicians assistant, etc).

Partial
04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I am so anxious to get in the gym tomorrow. I was giddy all day with excitement. I was deadlifting 200+ items all day at work today. It felt great and got me ready to rock and roll.

justanotherpackfan
04-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't think they matter at all if you're going to Wisconsin. I think they matter a lot if you're thinking ivy league.

Be a Badger. If you go to like Harvard or something it is throwing money away. You go to a great private school for post-undergrad(graduate phd track, graduate masters track, physicians assistant, etc).
Yeah, I'll definitely be staying in the state for college and it's probably going to be UW or UW Whitewater. There's no way my parents will pay for anything out of state.

justanotherpackfan
04-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I am so anxious to get in the gym tomorrow. I was giddy all day with excitement. I was deadlifting 200+ items all day at work today. It felt great and got me ready to rock and roll.
Good luck tomorrow.

Partial
04-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Yeah, I'll definitely be staying in the state for college and it's probably going to be UW or UW Whitewater. There's no way my parents will pay for anything out of state.

Apply early for madison. That and being in the top 10% of your class is key. I got a 30 on my ACT but applied late and I didn't get in. People with 25s on the ACT that applied early did.

justanotherpackfan
04-21-2007, 06:05 PM
20 mile run today and for the first time I met "the dreaded wall."

Partial
04-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Keep on going buddy? When is the marathon again?

justanotherpackfan
04-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Keep on going buddy? When is the marathon again?
May 27.

Partial
04-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Jacked up tonight for my pulling day tomorrow. I am really enjoying this three day split! I previously would use a fourth day specifically for shoulders and triceps and I think I overtrained them.

This time around the vast majority of my movements come from Deads, Squats, Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Dips, Pullups, Rows. All compound movements.

Partial
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Want to improve your sexlife? Do dead lifts.

Partial
04-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Time to lift. As a treat to myself today (since I forgot to prepare my post-workout meal), I am going to chow down on a massive qdoba burrito. Yum yum yum!!

Partial
04-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I am an F'ing tank. I put down a gargantum burrito completely unphased. I could do another one. Unfortunately, that is how I got fat in the first place.

justanotherpackfan
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I passed the half millennium mark yesterday and am currently sitting at 508 miles since December 30th.

Pete10
06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
It's done. 4:24:34, youngest person in the marathon.

Charles Woodson
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM

congrats, but i liked ur old name better

Pete10
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM

My last account got all messed up so I had to make a new one.

MadtownPacker
06-06-2007, 06:12 PM

My last account got all messed up so I had to make a new one.
You never got my email about resetting it? I sent it to your hotmail account? I sent you a PM to this account with the info.

Partial
06-06-2007, 06:40 PM

Atta boy

Pete10
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
You never got my email about resetting it? I sent it to your hotmail account? I sent you a PM to this account with the info.
Nope, I never received it.

MadtownPacker
06-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Nope, I never received it.OK, did you get the PM right now?

justanotherpackfan
06-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Nope, I never received it.OK, did you get the PM right now?
Thanks Mad, everything works fine now.

MadtownPacker
06-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Good to hear, the other account will be deactivated.