PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 players in this draft (based on rookie season)

RashanGary
03-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Let's give our top 10 and then at the end of the season when publications start developing the top 10 rookie meter we can see who was closest.

This is ESPN Scouts Inc top 10

1. Calvin Johnson Jr. WR Georgia Tech
2. Joe Thomas Sr. OT Wisconsin
3. JaMarcus Russell Jr. QB LSU
4. Adrian Peterson Jr. RB Oklahoma
5. Brady Quinn Sr. QB Notre Dame
6. Gaines Adams Sr. DE Clemson
7. LaRon Landry Sr. S LSU
8. Jamaal Anderson Jr. DE Arkansas
9. Amobi Okoye Sr. DT Louisville
10. Alan Branch Jr. DT Michigan

I'll go first. Here's mine based on who I think will be most productive.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Patrick Willis
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Brady Quinn
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Joe Thomas
7. Reggie Nelson
8. LeRon Landry
9. Gaines Adams
10. Paul Posluzney

b bulldog
03-31-2007, 04:58 PM
MANY ON THIS LIST will most likely have their productivity tied to which team drafts them.

b bulldog
03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Ginn Jr will be productive as a returner and some as a wr.

RashanGary
03-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Good point bulldog. Let's hold off on this untill after the draft. I think it will be fun though to have something to dig up and talk about.

RashanGary
03-31-2007, 05:21 PM
That's funny you mention Ginn - I almost put him on the list.

b bulldog
03-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Although CJ is a cut above, Peterson should have the biggest impact as a rookie.

Bretsky
03-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Good point bulldog. Let's hold off on this untill after the draft. I think it will be fun though to have something to dig up and talk about.

Agree, and this is a GREAT idea for a thread

Guiness
03-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I can't see Okoye doing much his first year. How the heck can a 19yr old play DT in this league? I think he could be special, but he's going to spend at least a year maturing into that body he walks around in.

Assuming Oakland drafts Russel, I wouldn't be putting him on any top 10 list.

mngolf19
04-01-2007, 08:43 AM
And QB's may find only bench time so to determine their worth for rookie season is impossible really.

Green Bud Packer
04-03-2007, 07:35 AM
it does'nt matter what team landry goes to. he will have a big rookie year. my preseason pick for all-rookie.

RashanGary
10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
I just thought I'd bump this because I hit the Peterson and Willis nails on the head :)

Partial
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, its not like it was a no brainer. They were pretty much sure things unless they got injured.

RashanGary
10-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Well, its not like it was a no brainer. They were pretty much sure things unless they got injured.

Oh f you, Partial. Quit raining on my parade :)

I acctually had Peterson and Willis a lot higher than most (1 and 2) to be exact. Willis wasn't considered by anyone that high. If you watched him though, that guy is an absolute monster. He's everything bulldog claims sims is.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Maybe you got AP and Willis but what about Justin Harrell? :lol:

Bretsky
10-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe you got AP and Willis but what about Justin Harrell? :lol:

To be honest many at that point had never even heard of the guy much if at all

RashanGary
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
These "I was right" threads never seem to go over quite like I envision them.

I keep picturing confetti, champagne, prostitutes (FREE thanks to a google shopping hint from numb)

Instead I get smart ass remarks from Partial.

poor :violin: me

Partial
10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Its far too early to judge the draft. Players like Joe Thomas won't get noticed for a few years, anyway.

Okoye looks to be a stud. Willis and Peterson are animals. Landry looks good so far from what I read. Puz has had good things written about him as well.

BallHawk
10-22-2007, 10:11 PM
No love for Leon Hall?

Guiness
10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Its far too early to judge the draft. Players like Joe Thomas won't get noticed for a few years, anyway.

Okoye looks to be a stud. Willis and Peterson are animals. Landry looks good so far from what I read. Puz has had good things written about him as well.

Sure. Build up the one guy I diss.

How is Joe Thomas doing, anyways? He's started since week 1, so must be doing ok at least, but unless someone's seen him play, there's nothing else to go on.

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Posluszny went on injured reserve after week 3.

Bretsky
10-23-2007, 08:12 AM

Sure. Build up the one guy I diss.

How is Joe Thomas doing, anyways? He's started since week 1, so must be doing ok at least, but unless someone's seen him play, there's nothing else to go on.

Early reports from a Cleveland beat writer stated they were happy with his pass rush blocking but he had a ways to go to be a successful run blocker in the NFL. He's starting, I think. And is doing alright but it sounds like he needs to get to be a bit stronger before he sees dominance.

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2007, 10:00 AM
From what I've heard, Joe Thomas has done as well you'd expect to do--which is very good.