PDA

View Full Version : CLIFF CHRIST, Man, Myth, Legend

Bretsky
03-31-2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=584091

Kind of interesting to listen to his going away final 20 minute interview

He mentions the greatest coaches he covered, the move that may have saved the franchise from being in serious trouble and maybe even moving, players and coaches that would howl at him.....and other goodies.

It's worth the listen in the background while you are reading the forums.

gbpackfan
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
I won't listen and I don't (didn't) read his work. He is a crusty, cranky old man who should have retired years ago. Christl = World Class Prick!

the_idle_threat
03-31-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm a fan of Christl, and I've even emailed with him back and forth a bit in the past. I respect the fact that he gives exactly as he gets.

In the absence of his training camp blog, eyewitness training camp updates from local Packer Rats will be even more sorely needed and highly valued.

oregonpackfan
03-31-2007, 11:58 PM
I'll always repect Christl for telling it like it was--even if it was painfully truthful to hear.

motife
04-01-2007, 06:52 AM
What I respect about him lately is he's a workout warrior. He lifts weights everyday and has become a bodybuilder.

If you see some of the photos of him earlier in life he was a wuss.

KYPack
04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
He was a stubborn guy, but obviously knowledgeable.

He had his pet peeves and would rigidly stick to them.

One of his "habits" was to constantly refer to the era in which Tom Braatz was GM and point out positive things Braatz had done. I think that's when CC cut his teeth as a journalist & it was a "golden era" to the guy.

I feel he had his run and look forward to his replacement.

Maybe they'll hire the (allegedly) drunken Havel?!?

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Apparently, we haven't seen the last of Uncle Cliffy.

Q: Terry Chaney of Royal Oak, mi - Does JS. plan to continue working with Eric Beranchek (sorry for the mispelling) this season? I certainly hope so since I always found his blogs interesting and thought provoking.

A: Tom Silverstein - Yes, Eric Baranczyk and Cliff Christl plan on doing a column together once a week when the regular season starts.

cpk1994
08-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Looking at the name of this thread, I wonder when Cliff found out he was Jesus's brother. :D

RashanGary
08-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Cliff was my favorite writer. I read mostly sports stuff in my life, so it's probably not as big of a compiment coming from me as it would be coming from some others. Crusty or not, the guy knew what was going on and knew what he didn't know. I loved the way he ripped into knowitall fans. That was pure joy for me.