PDA

View Full Version : OT : Question for the football fans that have NFL TICKET...

packers11
04-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I have NFL ticket on my nice 65" DLP 1080p but the thing is I only purchased the DVR box (it came free with the installation, I could of chose that or the HD box)... (This was last season)...

In order to get the HD + DVR box how much extra would it cost??? Also is it worth it to have it in HD too??? I know it looks nice, and i'm probably wasting the nice tv on bad quality but is HD that much better??? Or should I just get an HD box and get rid of the DVR box???

If anyone else has NFL Ticket can you please tell me your setup and if you have both, or just the HD/DVR... Is the extra money worth both options???

btw : (I have direct TV)...

Thoughts??? What should I do???

falco
04-01-2007, 11:56 AM
i can't speak for your particular situation, but I will say that HD is the ONLY way to watch games...once you go HD you can't go back; which really sucks because I don't get fox in HD. maybe packers can switch to afc.

MJZiggy
04-01-2007, 11:59 AM
True. I don't have HD, but have watched football in HD and there is no comparison.

gbgary
04-01-2007, 12:12 PM
go to directv.com. it'll have all the answers. be prepared for a months wait on the hd dvr install though. they're running behind. you'll have to pay for the hd upgrade on your season ticket subscription also. do the lease thing on the equipment. it's not too bad.

packers11
04-01-2007, 12:28 PM
go to directv.com. it'll have all the answers. be prepared for a months wait on the hd dvr install though. they're running behind. you'll have to pay for the hd upgrade on your season ticket subscription also. do the lease thing on the equipment. it's not too bad.'

I went there... It costs 200 for the hd/dvr thing... Is that "buying" it??? Also your telling me after the 250 dollars I spend on NFL Ticket, (plus the extra 90 on super fan)... That I have to pay extra to get an HD package??? :?

MadtownPacker
04-01-2007, 12:45 PM
You also have to have the multi LNB oval dish as well.

I think you kinda got burned. Might want to question whoever sold it to you. Likely you are signed up for a year contract so you will have to wait until then to take advantage of any specials.

But there is nothing nicer then watching a game in HD. The way you can see the whole field kicks ass.

packers11
04-01-2007, 01:02 PM
alright...

Whens the best time to purchase NFL ticket + super fan???

Right now its 20$ off... Isn't there a good special right before the season starts???

Packnut
04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
There is nothing like HD and once you see it, you'll never want anything else. I would advise that you keep checking for deals. You should be able to get free installation if you sign up for a 1 year contract. IF you get the HD DVR box, you need 2 lines coming in from the new dish, so that you can record one program while watching another. Directv is also adding 150 channels of HD late this year.

As far as Sunday ticket, they usually have better deals right before the season starts. It is expensive but well worth the price imo.