PDA

View Full Version : Favre aint gonna retire..

MadtownPacker
03-31-2006, 10:40 AM
... Javon Walker's stepdad just called and toldd me!

Serious though, he aint. Get ready for another year of the Great one!

http://shaq.itgo.com/brett_favre1.jpg

SoCalPackFan
03-31-2006, 10:56 AM
His recent comments tell me he actually wants to play, just not in GB. He knows he is known for not being a whiner and is pretty much the poster boy for the NFL. So he is trying to be very careful not to burn any bridges or make himself look bad.

woodbuck27
03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
His recent comments tell me he actually wants to play, just not in GB. He knows he is known for not being a whiner and is pretty much the poster boy for the NFL. So he is trying to be very careful not to burn any bridges or make himself look bad.

Of course he wants to play again.

We must honestly ask ourselves.

What has TT done - REALLY - to make that an attractive proposition in Green Bay for Brett Favre? The showdown is really beginning as I see it.

Ted Thompson was placed in an awkward position IMO and we are about to see how good his PR skills are.

LEWCWA
03-31-2006, 06:27 PM
I think he is back

Tarlam!
05-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Found this on PFT.com:

POSTED 8:55 p.m. EDT, April 29, 2006

SAINTS LOOKED INTO TRADING FOR LORD FAVRE

In December, we tried to start a rumor that Lord Favre would finish his career in New Orleans. With the Saints, to be precise.

Apparently, someone was listening in New Orleans. With the Saints, to be precise.

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that, earlier in the offseason, the Saints engaged in exploratory talks with the Packers about the possibility of acquiring Favre via a trade. The discussions, however, went nowhere.

In early March, the Saints signed quarterback Drew Brees, necessarily bringing an end to any possible swap.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Yo might have siad that he wanted to go to N.O. but I said he would stay. My only bad call was saying he would not announce it until after the draft. I get the feeling TT decided it was going to be Hawk or Davis when no one owanted to trade for the #5.

mraynrand
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Ted just didn't like their offer: Mike McKenzie and Joey Thomas straight up for Favre

GBRulz
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM

I guess I don't understand that. Favre has always said that he would retire before playing for another team.

Just happy that he's coming back and let's hope that our WR's really step it up this year! Could be Fergy's last chance to prove something!!

MJZiggy
05-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Could be Fergy's last chance to prove omething!!

Don't think he'll have all year to do it either.

Joemailman
05-01-2006, 05:11 PM
I agree. Fergy's not just competing for a starting spot. He's competing for a roster spot.

Homer Jay
05-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Remember way back when Brett said Mike Sherman as head coach might have a bearing on whether or not he came back? I wonder if hearing Tom Rossley was NOT returning had any impact on his decision.