PDA

View Full Version : Packers on national TV in pre-season

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
MONDAY, April 2, 2007, 12:05 p.m.
By Tom Silverstein

The Green Bay Packers will be playing Aug. 23 on national television against the Jacksonville Jaguars in their third of four exhibition games.

The NFL is expected to announce its exhibition schedule soon, but various clubs have already been informed of their opponents and the dates of the game.

The Jaguars game is on a Thursday night and will be played at Lambeau Field.

The Packers conclude the exhibition season with a road game against the Tennessee Titans, with whom they have played five consecutive years in the pre-season.

The Packers are also expected to host the Seattle Seahawks in the exhibition season, probably in Week 2.

MadtownPacker
04-02-2007, 01:29 PM
NFL Network played almost all the preseason game last season.

Just another reason why it is the Daddy of all sports stations!

BallHawk
04-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Why do you taunt me? :(

MJZiggy
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Cause it's kinda fun... :taunt:

I'm just kidding. It's just that good.

MadtownPacker
04-02-2007, 01:34 PM

If it make you feel any better.. I can be your Daddy. :P

BallHawk
04-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Um, I'll get back to you on that one..... :whist:

CaliforniaCheez
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
The Steelers new coach has some purple slime on him.

That Jaguars jerk of a coach is thoroughly purple slime and should get beaten badly on national television as an example.

The Seahawks and Titans games will be okay.

Titans are an annual tradition.

Kiwon
04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
This will be an important game for A-Rod. He gets another chance to shine on national TV.

pack4to84
04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=585260

The Green Bay Packers will play once on national television and once against a familiar face at home in the exhibition season this year.

82860Packers/NFL
Exhibition Schedule

Aug. 9-13, time TBA

at Pittsburgh Steelers

Aug. 16-20, time TBA

vs. Seattle Seahawks
(Gold pkg; Midwest Shrine Game)

Thurs., Aug. 23, 7 p.m.

vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Bishop's Charities Game)

Thurs., Aug. 30, 7 p.m.

at Tennessee Titans

Note: All times Central; remaining dates and times to be announced
Advertisement

The National Football League released its exhibition schedule Monday afternoon and the Packers' Aug. 23 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Lambeau Field will be broadcast live on Fox. Kickoff for the Thursday night game, which is part of the Green package (Green Bay ticket holders), is 7 p.m.

The Packers' home exhibition opener will be the week before against the Seattle Seahawks and former Packers coach Mike Holmgren. A date and time has not been determined, so the game could be played anywhere from Aug. 16-20.

The Packers open the exhibition season on the road against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Dates for the game are Aug. 9-13 with kickoff yet to be determined.

The finale will be played against Tennessee on Thursday, Aug. 30 at 7 p.m. The Packers, who have played the Titans five consecutive times in the pre-season, will have an extra day to consider roster moves before the final cutdown Sept. 1 as a result of playing on Thursday.

BallHawk
04-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Does anybody remember what happened to us last pre-season on National TV? :shock: :shock:

the_idle_threat
04-03-2007, 01:10 PM
The Steelers new coach has some purple slime on him.

What---did he give Grimace a blowjob? :lol:

http://www.mcfun.com/images/grimace_pic.gif

I'm sorry ... I'm WAY outta line on that one!

That Jaguars jerk of a coach is thoroughly purple slime and should get beaten badly on national television as an example.

At first, I thought you meant the "brass knuckles and softball bat" kind of beating. I was thinking, DAAAAMMN don't mess with CaliCheez!