PDA

View Full Version : Eagles offer DT Hollis Thomas + 6th for Javon Walker

motife
04-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Eagles | Team making offers for J. Walker?
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:08:25 -0700

Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports sources said the Philadelphia Eagles offered DT Hollis Thomas and a sixth-round draft choice to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for WR Javon Walker, but it appears the offer was not enough to get the job done. ESPN reported the Eagles offered the Packers Thomas and OG Artis Hicks. According to SportsLine.com, the Packers want a first-round pick for Walker.

(make it Javon Kearse for Javon Walker and it's a deal. In fact, just trade their last names and each team can keep their first name to simplify the trade.)

BF4MVP
04-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Hollis Thomas is 32..We'd better not trade Walker for him..I'd take Lelie and a 6th a million times before I'd take that trade...

BTW Mot your last comment made me chuckle :lol:

Bossman641
04-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Did TT hang up the phone laughing when that trade was offered?

What a fuckin joke

Partial
04-27-2006, 11:39 AM
kearse for walker, straight up :D

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Hollis Thomas is 32..We'd better not trade Walker for him..I'd take Lelie and a 6th a million times before I'd take that trade...

BTW Mot your last comment made me chuckle :lol:

Ask and ye shall receive (though we haven't accepted anything yet.

Broncos | Team made an offer for J. Walker?
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:16:14 -0700

Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports ESPN reported the Denver Broncos offered the Green Bay Packers WR Ashley Lelie and a sixth-round draft pick in exchange for WR Javon Walker. According to SportsLine.com, the Packers want a first-round draft pick for Walker.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 12:00 PM
TT can afford to wait. He can afford to wait until the middle of the season....

jack's smirking revenge
04-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah, its not like we need an extra 6th round pick or a 32yr old tackle. Lelie is intriguing, but not partnered with a 6. That's just goofy.

tyler

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Patriots | Talking trade with Green Bay
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:55:27 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots are talking with the Green Bay Packers about a trade for Packers WR Javon Walker, but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the New Orleans Saints and Denver Broncos.

Patriots???? Let's get the bidding started. Can we just hold an auction? Might be faster. Can you see TT as the auctioneer?

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Let's get the bidding started. Can we just hold an auction? Might be faster. Can you see TT as the auctioneer?

That's actually a really smart idea, Zig. TT should say he's real busy at this time and has no time to entertain long negatiations with 7 teams. So, everybody just gets one bid, he goes to the highest bidder.

And by the way, there is a reserve....

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
No, no no. Put them all in a room and let them actively bid against one another--let them get desperate and competitive and be determined not to let the other team win. Let the bidding go higher and higher until he goes to a team for way more than they intended to bid in the first place. Gotta love competitive people.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah, that'd really make Javon suffer. Not.

I WANT HIM ROTTING!!!

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I WANT HIM ROTTING!!!

he won't be rotting, he'll be rehabbing.

walker sitting out some games next fall is not a bad situation for him.

Guiness
04-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Tarlam - you still want him rotting if we can get rid of him and help the team now???

If he isn't traded, let him rot. If we can move him and get value, see ya!

Guiness
04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
No, no no. Put them all in a room and let them actively bid against one another--let them get desperate and competitive and be determined not to let the other team win. Let the bidding go higher and higher until he goes to a team for way more than they intended to bid in the first place. Gotta love competitive people.

Right. And make sure you invite Steinbrenner. He'd start throwing $$$ around, just because that's what he does!

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Think Javon can play right field?

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, Walker spent 3 years playing minor league baseball, that's why he was late coming to NFL.

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
i have this foolish notion that letting Walker negotiate with other teams is the best available strategy for getting him to play in GB in 2006. It will dissipate the anger, and he might find better prospects right here.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Great. Send Steinbrenner the invite.

Little Whiskey
04-27-2006, 12:58 PM

YEAH, put his ass on ebay!!

tt as the autioneer :lol: here is what he would sound like: http://www.homestead.com/deetunes/auctioneer.html

(make sure your speakers or on, and listen to the whole thing)

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Ted listed JW on EBAY.

Little Whiskey
04-27-2006, 01:00 PM

YEAH, put his ass on ebay!!

tt as the autioneer :lol: here is what he would sound like: http://www.homestead.com/deetunes/auctioneer.html

(make sure your speakers or on, and listen to the whole thing. it takes a couple seconds to loadup)

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 01:04 PM
That guy'd get someone's whole draft! :lol:

Little Whiskey
04-27-2006, 01:06 PM
zig, you think if i posted that in the music thread, that jack and tyronne would stop fighting??? :lol: i think i'll give it a shot!

jack's smirking revenge
04-27-2006, 02:21 PM
We're not fighting. Just...umm...chatting. :twisted:

tyler

ND72
04-27-2006, 08:00 PM
sorry i didn't read what everyone wrote, but if Philly really offered Hollis Thomas and a 6th, i'd tell them to shove their thumb up their A$$ and spin on it.

Joemailman
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I wonder if it was after this trade offer that TT came to terms with the DT the Packers signed last night. Might have been TT's way of telling Philly to go, um...fly a kite. :smile: