PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Holiday re-signs with team

packers11
04-02-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070402/PKR01/70402152/1989

Posted April 2, 2007

Receiver Holiday re-signs with team

The Green Bay Packers and receiver Carlyle Holiday have agreed to terms, according to the team's Web site.

Holiday, a two-year veteran out of Notre Dame, is the last of the Packers' four exclusive-rights free agents to re-sign with the team. Terms were not available.

Holiday had nine receptions for 126 yards in four games for the Packers last season after being claimed off waivers from the Arizona Cardinals. He is expected to compete for a reserve role this season.

packers11
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
How many WR's do the packers have??? :shock:

Driver
Jennings
Turd Fergy
Holiday
Martin
K-Rob

(potentially Moss or a draft pick)

:shock:

MJZiggy
04-02-2007, 08:26 PM
You can't count K-Rob, but you have to add a couple:

Brewster
Russell
Bodiford
and
Francies

CaliforniaCheez
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
At least 2 of the young guys will step it up.

Don't be suprised if no WR's are drafted.

Lurker64
04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Holiday actually looked pretty good at times out there for a guy who didn't know the offense (to his credit quoth Favre "he caught the ball").

Then again, we said pretty much the same thing about one of the veteran receivers who ended up getting cut in camp.

BallHawk
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
At least 2 of the young guys will step it up.

Don't be suprised if no WR's are drafted.

I find it hard to believe that TT wouldn't take a blind pick on at least 1 WR. Sure, we have a ton of WR, but it's not like we can count on them. Driver and Jennings are the only ones we can count on to be on the Opening Day Roster. The rest of the WRs are just the best of the worst. WR is a need for this team.

Joemailman
04-02-2007, 08:54 PM
With the WR talent in the draft so deep this year, it would be a surprise if TT didn't take at least one. Just like last year with a deep LB class, he took 2 in the first 3 rounds.

Bretsky
04-02-2007, 09:04 PM
We NEED a legit #3; you can't go into another year with two dependables and a bunch of maybes. We've got burned too many times in past years doing that; it happened again last year. The year before we had Taco Wallace playing. It's time to start acknowledging our maybe's as potential holes.

One gets hurt and we're screwed. And the Fraud doesn't count. We need another WR; let's take our blind faith of these other guys and plug them into the 4-6 slots.

But first let's get 3 legit starting caliber receivers

Brando19
04-02-2007, 09:09 PM
We NEED a legit #3; you can't go into another year with two dependables and a bunch of maybes. We've got burned too many times in past years doing that; it happened again last year. The year before we had Taco Wallace playing. It's time to start acknowledging our maybe's as potential holes.

One gets hurt and we're screwed. And the Fraud doesn't count. We need another WR; let's take our blind faith of these other guys and plug them into the 4-6 slots.

Right on.
And you mention the Fraud doesn't count...I agree...we can go ahead and pretty much assume Ferguson will be on Injured Reserve after the 2nd quarter of the Packers/Steelers preseason game.

Packnut
04-02-2007, 09:25 PM

If we've learned anything, it's that injuries at the WR spot are common. I still say if Bowe is their at 16, take him. Then grab the best available RB in the 2nd rd and at least 2 holes are filled. At least give Favre a chance.....

Chester Marcol
04-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Right on.
And you mention the Fraud doesn't count...I agree...we can go ahead and pretty much assume Ferguson will be on Injured Reserve after the 2nd quarter of the Packers/Steelers preseason game.

Brando19, maybe you should start the pool for what game will send Fergy to IR. Maybe add what quarter as well in case you need a tie breaker.

woodbuck27
04-03-2007, 01:57 PM

If we've learned anything, it's that injuries at the WR spot are common. I still say if Bowe is their at 16, take him. Then grab the best available RB in the 2nd rd and at least 2 holes are filled. At least give Favre a chance.....

Your making too much sense here.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-03-2007, 02:29 PM

We don't need to spend a 1st on another Driver/Jennings type of player. We need a big WR that can Stretch the field, someone like Walker. I just don't think Bowe is that.

KYPack
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
The year before we had Taco Wallace playing. It's time to start acknowledging our maybe's as potential holes.

'05 will be forever known as the "Taco Wallace Era".

woodbuck27
04-03-2007, 02:41 PM

We don't need to spend a 1st on another Driver/Jennings type of player. We need a big WR that can Stretch the field, someone like Walker. I just don't think Bowe is that.

Yes . . . your right.

packerbacker1234
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Holiday looked good in a very limited role. Was added late in the year, but the few times he was on the field and saw the ball... he caught it. Thats more then I can say for half the recievers on the roster.

Merlin
04-03-2007, 06:36 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't take a WR in the draft and we don't pick anyone up. There has to be a reason we are keeping all these young guys around. Unfortunately, as long as Driver, Jennings and hopefully Robinson are healthy, we won't get to see them much.