PDA

View Full Version : Players You Do NOT Want The Packers to Draft

Partial
04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Definitely not Greg Olson for me. He is fast and all and had a solid combine, but what has he ever done on the field? He is the benefactor of having a decent physique and speed and coming from "tight end U".

He is certainly not in the same class as a Kellen Winslow or a Jeremy Shockey. No way do I want this guy.

Same goes w/ Dwayne Jarrett. At first, I really liked this guy. He was a stud in college, and played fast for his size. I now am questioning his work ethic and think he will be a punk once he gets his payday.

LL2
04-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Dwayne Jarret, Leon Hall, and I'm iffy on Olson. I would take him in the second rd, not that he will be there. I'm not 100% sold on Lynch either thinking we should get best WR or defensive player at 16 and RB in rd two.

ND72
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Meachem is a NO
Leon Hall is a NO
Alan Branch is a NO
Troy Smith is a NO
Kenny Irons is a NO

that's what i got so far...

BallHawk
04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Marshawn Lynch
Greg Olson
Leon Hall
Dwayne Jarrett

Yeah, that's it.

Pack_Attack88
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
lynch and jarrett for me hands down!!

honorable mention: Alan Branch

Partial
04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
What's with all the Alan Branch hate? He's got perennial probowler written all over him.

ND72
04-03-2007, 01:25 PM
What's with all the Alan Branch hate? He's got perennial probowler written all over him.

my biggest problem with him, is he had a "rep" as having a bad work ethic...that never translates well to the NFL and millions of dollars Cledius Hunt...

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't want Branch
I don't want Olson in the first
I don't want Meachem in the first

I'm fine with Hall and Lynch in the first.

pittstang5
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess for me it comes down to where and who I don't want drafted.

These players I don't want in the 1st:

Olsen, Branch, Hall, Jarrett, Ginn Jr., Meachem, Levi Brown, Bowe

bigcoz75
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Hall, Ginn, and Olsen for me. off the top of my head

BallHawk
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM

He has Cletidus Hunt written all over him.

Tony Oday
04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
No RB No TE in the 1st round.

oregonpackfan
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
No RB No TE in the 1st round.

Now that Mike Sherman is no longer part of the draft selection committee, I am confident that no punters nor kickers will be selected in the third round or higher.

Deputy Nutz
04-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Personally I just don't know about this draft as a whole this year. It seems to be really top heavy with a lot of unproven talent. Even the top five have question marks. I tell you what this is not the year for teams to be drafting on need in the first round. The Packers have put themselves in an awkward position at running back to where they are going to have to take Lynch if he is available at 16, or wait it out and hope to hit pay dirt ala Denver with regards to rookie running backs. Hopefully Thompson and McCarthy have absolute faith in their running game package where they can take that kind of risk.

Maybe it is my fault for being to wrapped up in Fantasy Baseball but this draft just doesn't have the same appeal to me as in years past.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I think a lot of people on this board are insane and need to go back and watch some GAME film. After Jarrett ran a 4.6 I'm hoping the Pack do pick him up at 16(If Landry and Ginn aren't there). The kid is a playmaker and shows it in his game tapes.

As for who I don't want picked at 16?

1. Marshawn Lynch (never impressed me in the games I watched)

2. Leon Hall

3. Reggie "Alligator Arms" Nelson

The Shadow
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Russell
Jarrett
Rice

BallHawk
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I think a lot of people on this board are insane and need to go back and watch some GAME film. After Jarrett ran a 4.6 I'm hoping the Pack do pick him up at 16(If Landry and Ginn aren't there). The kid is a playmaker and shows it in his game tapes.

As for who I don't want picked at 16?

1. Marshawn Lynch (never impressed me in the games I watched)

2. Leon Hall

3. Reggie "Alligator Arms" Nelson

Jarrett definitely has talent, but the thing that concerns me, as well as others, is his attitude. Against Michigan he came across as a real punk.

b bulldog
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Branch fans need to revisit the UM,UW game where Branch was blocked one on one very often and he didn't do much against the weak UW guard. He is lazy is is totally on/off. Leon Hall I hate as the #16 pick and I'm not a fan of Jarrett also. Zack Miller is too slow imo.

RashanGary
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Branch, Carriker, Meachem, Hall

HarveyWallbangers
04-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Branch and Hall--because of what bulldog said. Bowe. Okoye. Anderson. Adams.

I like Carriker and Rice.

Farley Face
04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Hall, Ginn, and Olsen for me. off the top of my head

ditto

Fritz
04-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Me too, but in this order of dislike: Ginn, Olsen, Hall.

Hall's a strange case. He had a great year two years ago - really strong. But this past year, not so good. And Michigan hasn't produced many top NFL corners recently.

Please say no to Ginn, though, most of all. He's Peter Warrick all over.

Bretsky
04-04-2007, 07:10 AM

Hall's a strange case. He had a great year two years ago - really strong. But this past year, not so good. And Michigan hasn't produced many top NFL corners recently.

I'm not sold on Ginn as a legit WR, but I do think his special teams talents are closer to Jessie Hester than Peter Warrick. Can't teach speed......something Ginn has and Warrick does not

Zool
04-04-2007, 07:39 AM

Thank you Fritz. I've been saying this same comparison for a few months now. He is 2 inches taller than Warrick, but I have the same feeling about him.

Gonzalez in the 2nd-3rd seems to me to be more of a gamer.

ND72
04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Gonzalez in the 2nd-3rd seems to me to be more of a gamer.

YUCK

Partial
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
What is there not to like about Gonzalez? He is the definition of a football player. He did the dirty work while Ginn got the acclaim.

ND72
04-04-2007, 09:09 AM
evryone talks about how small Ginn is...Gonzalez is smaller and slower than Ginn. I'm just not a fan.

I have a new guys to my DON'T DRAFT list.

Reggie Nelson. He is on my list for a few reasons...#1, I don't think TT thinks we need a safety. Manuel got better towards the end of the season, and will actually come in healthy this year. And, Culver got experience last year, and Underwood is coming back. #2, Re-watched the National Championship game. The guy is a good athlete, but he's not fast (he was the safety on the opening kickoff and Ted Ginn made him look as fast as I am). And he is NOT very instinctful. He bit on almost every run fake OSU had.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2007, 09:51 AM
evryone talks about how small Ginn is...Gonzalez is smaller and slower than Ginn. I'm just not a fan.

Gonzalez is taller and 15 pounds heavier than Ginn. He also ran low 4.4s 40.

ND72
04-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Gonzalez is taller and 15 pounds heavier than Ginn. He also ran low 4.4s 40.

According to all 3 of my draft magazines, Ginn is listed as 6'0 - 7/8", and Gonzalez is listed at 6'0 - 1/8".. :lol: ..which mean Ginn is probably 5'11" and Gonzalez is probably 5'10". Gonzalez ran a 4.45, Ginn last preseason ran a 4.29 @ OSU, and will be running in a few days I believe. we can all argue, and it really doesn't matter. non of you like Ginn, I personally can't stand Gonzalez.

Partial
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Ginn is a good deep threat and returner but thats about it. I know not whether he'd be effective in the WCO.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I have a new guys to my DON'T DRAFT list.

Reggie Nelson. He is on my list for a few reasons...#1, I don't think TT thinks we need a safety. Manuel got better towards the end of the season, and will actually come in healthy this year. And, Culver got experience last year, and Underwood is coming back. #2, Re-watched the National Championship game. The guy is a good athlete, but he's not fast (he was the safety on the opening kickoff and Ted Ginn made him look as fast as I am). And he is NOT very instinctful. He bit on almost every run fake OSU had.

His biggest flaw, well to me anyway, was his headhunting. Sure he layed some guys out, and there are tapes out there where it actually shows recievers cringing when going across the middle against him. He misses a lot though or puts himself out of position, so much so where I think it will hurt him in the NFL.

I sure hope the Packers aren't thinking about him at 16..

ND72
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I seriously think that Teddy looks at our safety position and says...Nick Collins is still growing. Manuel was injured and didn't do anything in preseason, and then struggled in the regular season. Underwood was looking good, and should come back alright and compete. Culver got some playing time and could contribute more. I think he says we're set at safety.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-04-2007, 11:44 AM
I seriously think that Teddy looks at our safety position and says...Nick Collins is still growing. Manuel was injured and didn't do anything in preseason, and then struggled in the regular season. Underwood was looking good, and should come back alright and compete. Culver got some playing time and could contribute more. I think he says we're set at safety.

So you don't think he'd spend a 3rd on a safety? A good safety might still be had in the 3rd, especially if we have an extra 3rd from a trade.

Or maybe CB/S Tanard Jackson in the 2nd depending on what we do with our first?

Anyway,this will be a fun draft to watch, at 16 we have a plethora of choices and options, and with TT at the helm, who knows.

ND72
04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
I think the CB/S guys we should definately look at, especially Jackson. Obviously I have no clue what TT will do and I could be completely wrong...but it wouldn't surprise me if he is feeling "good" about our DB's.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
According to all 3 of my draft magazines, Ginn is listed as 6'0 - 7/8", and Gonzalez is listed at 6'0 - 1/8".. :lol: ..which mean Ginn is probably 5'11" and Gonzalez is probably 5'10". Gonzalez ran a 4.45, Ginn last preseason ran a 4.29 @ OSU, and will be running in a few days I believe. we can all argue, and it really doesn't matter. non of you like Ginn, I personally can't stand Gonzalez.

I like both, but it depends what you need. Ginn may never be a #1 receiver. Gonzalez might never be a #1 receiver either. However, Ginn's return ability is a bonus, and maybe he develops into a Joey Galloway type player. Gonzalez was impressive at OSU, and made a ton of clutch catches. He runs great routes. He's not as small as some think (6'0" 195), and he's also quicker than people think. He has great hands.

ESPN has Ginn listed at 6'0" 180 with a 4.35 and Gonzalez listed at 6'0" 195 with a 4.39.

NFL Draft Scout (used by FOX Sports) has Ginn listed at 5'11 1/4" 178 with 4.30 and Gonzalez listed at 6'0" 193 with a 4.44.

I don't think Ginn has run, so I'm not sure you can assess his speed at this time, but I'm pretty sure Tony is as tall or taller than Ginn, and he's definitely bigger. Those magazines are often outdated because they are printed before the combine.

Guiness
04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I think the CB/S guys we should definately look at, especially Jackson. Obviously I have no clue what TT will do and I could be completely wrong...but it wouldn't surprise me if he is feeling "good" about our DB's.

I DON'T want a CB/S. I had enough with Sherman's 'convert a CB to Safety, so you have a Safety who can cover' experiments.

I want a pure safety that brings the lumber.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-04-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm not sold on Ginn as a legit WR, but I do think his special teams talents are closer to Jessie Hester than Peter Warrick. Can't teach speed......something Ginn has and Warrick does not

Showing your age. I don't think most rats even know who jessie hester was..unless you meant to say Devin Hester of the bears.

CaliforniaCheez
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Nobody has mentioned short little Chris Houston the CB from Ar Kansas.

I'm I the only one suspicious of a little fast CB from Ar Kansas??

Bretsky
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Showing your age. I don't think most rats even know who jessie hester was..unless you meant to say Devin Hester of the bears.

OH CRAP, I did mean Devin Hester; but Jessie Hester was a fast buzzer too

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Ginn is the real deal. he is nothing but a football player, same with Gonzalez. Ginn is a born and bread NFL football player. It was mostly bullshit and trendy comment by broadcasters to claim that Ginn was still a "work in progress" at wide receiver. There is only on other receiver in this draft that is more polished than Ginn and that is Johnson. Ginn is not just a deep threat, the fact is a player with his speed and agility you want to get the ball in his hands in the open field and have him us his god given skills to make it into the endzone. I would only take two receivers in the first round, and thats Ginn and Johnson.

I will go on record stating that there is not a better athlete in this draft than Ted Ginn Jr.