PDA

View Full Version : Really BAd News Everyone

No Mo Moss
04-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Driver wants to be traded. It was o ESPN, apparently he was promised more money and not given it. This is bad.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 01:27 PM
This has got to be a sick joke. Say it aint so Donny!

No Mo Moss
04-27-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm looking for sources, I just caught a blurb on ESPN, but I see someone on JSO forum has started a thread also so not looking good.

Little Whiskey
04-27-2006, 01:31 PM
i hope your kidding, since you didn't post a link

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I saw the same thing on ESPN. However, he said he wants it redone soon or he wants out. Not saying he wants a trade and won't settle for anything less by any means.

BF4MVP
04-27-2006, 01:34 PM
A poster on PackerChatters posted this too.

http://www.packerchatters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5457&st=0

Rastak
I saw the same thing on ESPN. However, he said he wants it redone soon or he wants out. Not saying he wants a trade and won't settle for anything less by any means.

There appears to be a revolt under way in Green Bay....geez.

Partial
he wants more money. These guys are such terrible role models.

CyclonePackFan
04-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Extend him. Driver's earned it.

BF4MVP
04-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I remember after the 2002 season right after he signed the 5 year contract..He started crying at the podium and said that Sherman was "just sucha great guy."

Times have changed, I guess.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Haven't I bin sayin it aaaalllllll offseason, the DD situation stinks and we oughta pay the guy. Haven't I been saying, I like what TT has done, but, DD deserves more.

CyclonePackFan
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Actually, Driver does have a legit reason to bitch.

Robert Ferguson: $2,800,000
Donald Driver: $2,476,666

I'd be pissed too if I was a Packer WR and Robert Ferguson made more than me.

No Mo Moss
04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I think we should extend his contract since there is only what like 2 years left on it. He's earned it.

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
yeah well maybe he shouldn't have taken the long-term security.

No doubt these guys are offered 1-3 year contracts and they turn them down because they want the security incase something goes wrong.

It pisses me off when they want to be covered if there is a risk so they sign for the long term, but when they outplay the value of it they complain. It's their own damn fault. It's a risk they take by signing long term.

Little Whiskey
04-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I'd be pissed too if I was a Packer WR and Robert Ferguson made more than me.

hell, i'd be pissed if i was a packer waterboy!!!

Rastak
04-27-2006, 01:41 PM

No doubt these guys are offered 1-3 year contracts and they turn them down because they want the security incase something goes wrong.

It pisses me off when they want to be covered if there is a risk so they sign for the long term, but when they outplay the value of it they complain. It's their own damn fault. It's a risk they take by signing long term.

How is a non-garuenteed contract secure?They can cut him anytine, including right now.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 01:43 PM
So how much can we get in trade for a package of Walker and Driver?

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:47 PM

How is a non-garuenteed contract secure?They can cut him anytine, including right now.

Signing bonuses. If you sign for 5 years, you get the bigger bonus. Otherwise why would anyone sign a more than one year contract? Because they get more money and more security.

Bullshit that these contracts aren't guaranteed. We cut Sharper and Hunt and that cost us like 5-6 million.

Rastak
04-27-2006, 01:47 PM
So how much can we get in trade for a package of Walker and Driver?

Throw in Ferguson and make it a real package.

TT: We'll trade you all our wide recievers for........

CyclonePackFan
04-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Trade Walker. Use his $1.2 mil base salary as part of a signing bonus for Driver. We've still got the cash for a SB for Driver, he's done his job, he has a chemistry with Favre, let's give him what he's earned.

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Chuck is currently our number one receiver!! :shock:

swede
04-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Haven't I bin sayin it aaaalllllll offseason, the DD situation stinks and we oughta pay the guy. Haven't I been saying, I like what TT has done, but, DD deserves more.

Tarlam, it's too bad we don't have some easy way to paste voice files into the thread. I clearly remember your having said we should step up and pay Driver to show that GB appreciates effort, character and performance and is willing to pay for those things. You could rant in your charming Aussie accent about how you told us so. :lol:

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:50 PM
It's not nearly as easy as just paying him. What happened when every other player on the roster decides they have performend well and are underpaid? Do we pay all of them too? If he didn't like the contract over the course of 5 years and thought he'd outperform it, he should have signed for one or two years.

We all know Driver didn't think he'd be this good. Otherwise he'd have taken a shorter contract to cash in big later.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 01:51 PM
After the crap spewed by Wlaker and how TT ate it up and rolled out the red carpet, DD just feels this is how you have to go to get a new deal.

I refuse to believe TT promised him anything. I read somewhere he's been promised for 2 years - Shermy coming back to haunt us?

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 01:52 PM
I think we should pay Driver what he's worth as soon as Hunt and Joe Johnson return the money we overpaid them.

Rastak
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
After the crap spewed by Wlaker and how TT ate it up and rolled out the red carpet, DD just feels this is how you have to go to get a new deal.

I refuse to believe TT promised him anything. I read somewhere he's been promised for 2 years - Shermy coming back to haunt us?

Most likely.....

Guiness
04-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Well, you'd have to assume the longer contract comes with a higher SB, which is the 'security'.

Anyways, this stinks. I don't know who made the promise, or when, but DD seems to have shown himself a standup guy. If he really did go to the media with this (I'm not convinced he did...) you've got to think he tried to work it out in private and was stonewalled.

Well, you can't say that the posters haven't been preaching that this guy should be paid for the last year. :neutral:

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Pay him. A lot.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 01:55 PM
That tractor is probably starting to look pretty good to Brett again.

swede
04-27-2006, 01:56 PM
It's not nearly as easy as just paying him. What happened when every other player on the roster decides they have performend well and are underpaid? Do we pay all of them too? If he didn't like the contract over the course of 5 years and thought he'd outperform it, he should have signed for one or two years.

We all know Driver didn't think he'd be this good. Otherwise he'd have taken a shorter contract to cash in big later.

As I was thinking about how much DD deserved it, that thought occurred to me also, Partial. You couldn't afford to put a playoff team on the field if every player held you up for more cash when they played well.

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:56 PM
He did, it was on the ESPN draft special. Many of us saw it. I don't know why its not on ESPN.com yet. It was definitely on TV.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 01:57 PM
I told ya so. I bin sayin it aaaallllll off season.

Partial is right, now it's public, TT has got to force him to play for the small money or make an example. Otherwise, we'll have a mutiny with every guy who thinks he's a star.

Yeah, I know DD is a star, that's why I wish we'd have paid him - LIKE I BIN SAYIN ALL OFF SEASON!!!!

Partial
04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Swede,

the situation would have been avoided if they would have let McKenzie ride the pine. Someone needs to be made an example of so they learn they're not going to get anything out of it. Notice this has happened more to the Packers then any other team in the past 3 years? why? because they let it happen.

Tell them they can ride the pine if they don't like it.\

People can argue with me and say that is the quickest way to ruining a locker room. Fine, it may be temporarily, but I think negoiating with terrorists is the number 1 way to a bad locker room. Thus, why our locker room is in the shambles its in today.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM
He's already 31 years old with two years left on his deal. At least he's healthy.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Partial, weren't you on the trade J-Walk bandwagon? I bin saying AAAALLLLLL OFF SEASON, letJavon rot!

Partial
04-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Nah, I think they should make an example of him. However, if they get a good deal then take it because he is damaged goods and who knows what we get.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 02:02 PM
A quick check around some other forums I note that VD shares are going through the roof.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Where are the web links to this news anyway?

No Mo Moss
04-27-2006, 02:13 PM
We definately need to find a legitimate source for this.

jack's smirking revenge
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
I can't believe double D would do us this way. Not surprising, but I thought he was a man of character. What am I talking about. All players are mercs in the NFL now. This is a scenario we'll see more of in the years to come. Too bad the hemhorrage is staring now.

Any news that he switched agents? Perhaps to Rosenwhore?

tyler

imscott72
04-27-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm not seeing this reported anywhere. I guess until I see something concrete, its a rumor. I mentioned in another thread however that we need to extend DD before he hits his contract year next year. He's definitely earned it. Get it done TT..

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 02:22 PM
I would take Walker over Driver any day.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Driver was not far behind Walker in stats, and Driver had a heart as big as the world last season. He was doubled every play - there was no one else to cover!

imscott72
04-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Driver was not far behind Walker in stats, and Driver had a heart as big as the world last season. He was doubled every play - there was no one else to cover!

Hell yeah I take Driver over Walker. There's more to just talent. JWalk is a head case as is the rest of his family. DD has poured his heart and soul into this team. Reward him..

Rastak
04-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I can't believe double D would do us this way. Not surprising, but I thought he was a man of character. What am I talking about. All players are mercs in the NFL now. This is a scenario we'll see more of in the years to come. Too bad the hemhorrage is staring now.

Any news that he switched agents? Perhaps to Rosenwhore?

tyler

Jack, is it possible someone really did reneg on a promise? Do we have to assume Driver is a liar?/

Rastak
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm not seeing this reported anywhere. I guess until I see something concrete, its a rumor. I mentioned in another thread however that we need to extend DD before he hits his contract year next year. He's definitely earned it. Get it done TT..

Well, I would day it's mainly rumor right now but why is something said on TV any less substantial than someone writing it?

Pack0514
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
From KFFL.com

Packers | Driver disgruntled over team's failure to redo contract
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:47:01 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver is mad that the team has not re-done his deal and wants to be traded or released.

imscott72
04-27-2006, 03:04 PM

Well, I would day it's mainly rumor right now but why is something said on TV any less substantial than someone writing it?

I'm starting to not trust anyone from ESPN these days..

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Guys are disgruntled on every team, and it happens a lot (Brian Williams, Corey Chavous last year for the Vikings; Grady Jackson for the Packers last year). Personally, I'm not going to make this out to be more than what it is. Driver is a pro, so I'm not expecting a Walker situation.

No Mo Moss
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Let's Review:

Michael Smith on ESPN reported that he has "heard" that DD approached TT asking that if he cannot get the new deal he was promised that he would like to be traded or released.

I think Smith heard from a "little bird" about this. That's totally different then DD coming out to the public with his demands. We have only heard this from one individual so far. If I'm TT I hurry up and get a deal drawn up for his best WR before the GB firestorm hits oh about 9:00 Friday Morning when the whole state opens their paper. If he can get it done he can deny that DD requested anything and say the contract was in the works. That seems like the only way to deal with this without losing a player or sending a message to the rest of the players that this is how to handle problems.

The next 24 hours are critical to preventing this from becoming a big distraction. Unfortunately he has more important things at hand this weekend.

Guiness
04-27-2006, 03:08 PM

It's not TV. It's ESPN. If it was on their websight, if they were screaming it from the top of their #@!$ TV tower I wouldn't buy it.

ESPN/Fox News/National Enquirer. All the same ilk in my mind.

Rastak
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Guys are disgruntled on every team, and it happens a lot (Brian Williams, Corey Chavous last year for the Vikings; Grady Jackson for the Packers last year). Personally, I'm not going to make this out to be more than what it is. Driver is a pro, so I'm not expecting a Walker situation.

You forgot Roman.

Also, I think Smoot was a little PO'd last year but he seems to be using as possitive motivation this year from his quotes.

mraynrand
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
This news is so annoying and depressing it almost makes me want to return to work instead of surfing the web.

Tarlam!
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
DD said he would not hold out against the team, that he honours contracts. He also said he'd love to be paid more, but that was up to the team.

December 05.

Now, we're a coupla days before the WR-less draft. This is a great time to knock on TT's door. If DD was overheard and that got leaked, fire the "little bird's" ass and pay DD. LIKE I BIN SAYIN.

But, if for some stupid reason DD has pulled a publicity stunt, he's in my Walker pidgeon hole.

Partial
04-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Everyone says to reward him, but it seems that they forget when we did reward him with a huge contract in 2002. Remember, he was crying on the podium thanking the shermanator.

Give me a break, this cat is all about the benjamins like the rest of em. Give him one more year, then renegoiate.

Guiness
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM

You forgot Roman.

Also, I think Smoot was a little PO'd last year but he seems to be using as possitive motivation this year from his quotes.

What about TO? He was upset about something or other, wasn't he?

OS PA
04-27-2006, 04:00 PM
This'll end up just fine. TT will tell Driver that at the start of the season he'll give Driver a few year extension with somewhere around 3 mil per year and a small bonus.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Pay his scrawny ass nothing. If he wants to pull the same shit as Walker he can go to hell.

He signed the deal, he should live up to it. Bottomline. Extensions get done no more than a year before the deal expires.

The funny thing is, Donald Driver is worthless on the open market. He will spend the rest of his career bouncing from one team to the next. He is 31 years old, and trust me, no team is going to give a reciever that has been battered and bruised a multi-year deal.

I will state this one more time, if Driver is really saying this stuff, HE CAN GO TO HELL!!!! Eat a fat one Donald.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
This makes it that much more important to hold strong on Walker. If players are going to do this you have to show them that they'll go broke before they get their way.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Its not so much that, in fact I hate what Driver is doing more than Walker. Walker is still in his rookie deal, and playing for basically minimum wage right now.

Driver is already into his second deal. Driver chose to resign with the Packers, and refused to test the market. Sherman might have promised a new deal 3 years into the deal, but that would be stupid, why not make the contract a 7 year deal with the last two count for something. If he didn't live up to his contract or was injured or breaking down, then he could be cut.

He is being greedy at the same time that Walker choose to, right before the draft, trying to force the hand of Thompson. Same week, as Walker, same week as McKenzie. Horse shit is what I call it

Three years in a row with this crap and I am sick of it. The finger pointing in all of these deals has to be pointed straight at Sherman. He signed all three of this player under his watch and now they are complaining. What is the fucking deal with these contracts? Sherman either low balled the fuck out of them, or they were greedy bastard and took the up front money that was offered instead of solid long term deals.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't know why, but Walker can rot. Pay Driver.

Deputy Nutz
04-27-2006, 04:59 PM
What one player can get away with it, but another can't?

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
The problem is the CBA says players only have to play 6 friggin games and the player can choose the games they play. What a joke. You need to make the player come in for the entire season.

I wish the NFL didn't let players get away with this crap. It's just like the stupid cheapskate antic that Minn pulled to get hutch. It's basically a loophole where if the player doesn't like the contract he signed he can hold the team hostage and still make his $$ and get into FA on schedule.

They need to step in and do something soon.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Javon had one decent season and started crying for cash to the media when he did have a decent contract--almost held out last year and sang the whole thing in the media. Driver has worked above and beyond expectations for years without a peep and you're going to crucify him for asking for a raise? I still can't find Smith's article with a quote from Driver in it. I don't have all the details, but from all appearances this story was leaked from internal organizational information. I think Driver's perfectly able to go and talk to the GM about it and should be able to without ESPNothing in on it.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree Nutz......Driver deserves a raise with the new cap #'s but so does everyone else. Flanny waited his turn and cashed in with Houston. Drivers going to have to wait his turn.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 05:49 PM
It's starting to look like this was a false alarm. Good ole ESPN.

Bretsky
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM

YES you have T, and I've been backing you every step of the way. TT should have sweetened that deal last year. Paying DD what we are giving the Fraud is insane.

Scott Campbell
04-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Driver wants to be traded. It was o ESPN, apparently he was promised more money and not given it. This is bad.

Were demoting you for reporting false information and killing our Woodson buzz.

Bretsky
04-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I would take Walker over Driver any day.

A healthy Driver is a very good #2 WR and a slightly below average #1

A healthy Walker is a very good #1 WR and one of the top 10 in the game.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
My exact thoughts Bretsky..

Partial
04-27-2006, 07:24 PM
A healthy Driver is a very good #2 WR and a slightly below average #1

A healthy Walker is a very good #1 WR and one of the top 10 in the game.

quoted for truth

Harlan Huckleby
04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Driver took about 3 seasons worth of hard hits in 2005. I can't remember a wide reciever getting so battered.

He probably senses his football mortality. He's only got a couple years left, wants to milk a little more for his retirement.

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Driver took about 3 seasons worth of hard hits in 2005. I can't remember a wide reciever getting so battered.

He probably senses his football mortality. He's only got a couple years left, wants to milk a little more for his retirement.Doesn't matter as the story's not true. I'm sure they will get something done in due time, as a matter of fact, I think I'll write a letter.

swede
04-28-2006, 07:11 AM
I heard on TMJ radio that Driver has personally denied this.

You have to figure this is either pre-draft misinformation or something dropped anonymously by an agent. Anyway, it is now looking as if we've been momentarily had.

This is Donald Driver, folks. It just ain't how he plays the game. Not in public anyway.

Guiness
04-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm sure they will get something done in due time, as a matter of fact, I think I'll write a letter.

Actually, I'm not so sure. He might get a little something, but not likely, especially if he gets hurt. Remember that until last year A. Green was an underpaid back. He got hurt - what kind of a deal did the Pack give him?

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
That's why we need to toss him a little cash now. TT says he believes in rewarding those that perform for him. I'd say Donald performed last year. You usually don't win the Block Award unless you're doing something big.

Tarlam!
04-28-2006, 10:11 AM
That's why we need to toss him a little cash now. TT says he believes in rewarding those that perform for him. I'd say Donald performed last year. You usually don't win the Block Award unless you're doing something big.

I bin saying it.

ALL OFF SEASON

Pay him he deserves better for his remianing 3 NFL years. The fans want it.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:21 AM

I bin saying it.

ALL OFF SEASON

Pay him he deserves better for his remianing 3 NFL years. The fans want it.And I've been agreeing with you.

ALL OFF SEASON

Merlin
04-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Driver is what an NFL Player should be IMO. He will get paid when the time is right, book it!

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Well then Tauscher should be next in line and Barnett is underpaid as well. Maybe they should just give Green some extra cash because of how under paid he was.

My god...The whole goal of a GM is to get guys to play underpaid. What the hell are you guys thinking?

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
When the time is right. I agree. Book it.

No sooner though...That is just silly talk.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Well then Tauscher should be next in line and Barnett is underpaid as well. Maybe they should just give Green some extra cash because of how under paid he was.

My god...The whole goal of a GM is to get guys to play underpaid. What the hell are you guys thinking?

You have to look at what other players in the NFL are getting for the same position. Driver is probably making a mid level salary for a WR and he has consistantly been our go to guy over the years. I am not saying pay him top dollar, but he deserves more. Tauscher "should" get a nice pay day when his contract is up because he is clearly one of the top tackles in the league, just like Clifton. I know the goal of a GM is to spend wisely, which I believe TT is. The Packers have a history of not over paying players. They have a good track record of getting players to see their worth and stay with the Packers. Thery didn't offer Franks as much as he wanted and he signed. Green's contract is heavily incentive laiden whcih IMO is the way a contract should be in the first place. You watch and see. He will do his job and everyone will be happy on the team, that's how it works in Green Bay, always has since the CBA's inception.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 01:00 PM
If part of the goal in keeping players in town and doing their best is to make them feel valued, and you reward loyalty, then yes, you throw the extra cash at Driver. And Tauscher. They've both been performing incredibly well and rewarding them financially will only cement their loyalty further. Then you avoid JWalk situations because if he could see his teammates getting rewarded for their efforts, he might have shut up and waited a year or so for his payoff because he'd know it was coming.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 01:02 PM
That's the thing that gets me with Walker. Green Bay has a long standing tradition of taking care of their own. Why does Walker think he is any different or that he won't get "paid"? I think he wants a bigger market to shine in. Even though Green Bay during the Favre era has had a lot of nationally televised games, I think the Green Bay area is a little too conservative for him. People see Packer's walking around every day and they don't mob them. I think he craves that attention.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Good point, Merlin. He's spreading this myth that Green Bay isn't fair to its players--when that hasn't been the case under Sherman and Thompson. In fact, many experts think Green Bay overvalues their own players.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I think they do over value them, I also think they treat them well. Green Bay has always been a conservative team. Anyone who blemished the image with stupid personal ecapades is let go. Walker just doesn't get it. Hell, look at Favre's contract, he re-negotiated several times during his career taking less money. He isn't the highest paid QB and I don't think ever really was. Kampman scared me there for awhile with his attitude, but at least he did it in a classy fashion. Jackson last year was a whinning baby, look at him this year, no one wants him. He should resign with the Packers and add depth to the line. That way we can have 1-2 fat boys up front that can rush the passer the whole game.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
He's in contract talks with the Rams. They may want him but he sure won't be making much.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Hell, look at Favre's contract, he re-negotiated several times during his career taking less money.

I don't recall him ever doing that. He took money upfront to spread the cap hit for his team but it was actually to his benefit and I don't believe he took a cent less than he was already due.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 03:13 PM
I hope when Walker visits these teams they give him an idea of what they're willing to pay. I think Walker might find that all teams are frugal with their money and don't just toss it around.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I won't argue, I know years back he re-worked his contract a few years in a row to gain cap space. That doesn't mean it wasn't "moved" into the next year or subsequent years. I know he gets paid whatever, but at least he is willing to work with the Packers, Walker isn't.

Merlin
04-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I hope when Walker visits these teams they give him an idea of what they're willing to pay. I think Walker might find that all teams are frugal with their money and don't just toss it around.

I think that is what TT is trying to do by letting other teams talk to him. Walker will find out he doesn't have much leverage and that other teams aren't willing to pony up. I think TT is banking on that so Walker opens his eyes and falls in line. I don't think it will work though.

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 03:27 PM
The Packers have a history of not over paying players.

I think that's a myth. C. Hunt. J. Johnson. KGB. Fergy. Diggs. All way overpaid. The only guys who are underpaid now are guys that got better during their contract. The Packers couldn't see this coming any better than their agents could. Their deals seemed fair enough when they signed them. They took bigger signing bonuses in exchange for lengthening the contract term and fixing the Packers salary cost.

So if you "take care of" Driver and Tauscher, what message does that send to Barnett and Collins. You can't play favorites. Consistent behavior out of the GM is as much a matter of practicality as it is a matter of principal.

That consistent behavior up to this point is we don't redo deals that are further than 1 year out from expiration. Period. And even then, it's just a maybe - if it makes sense for the Packers. See Ahman Green for an example of where it didn't make sense, and Al Harris for an example of where it did make sense.

If players don't like it, then they should forego some of their signing bonuses and sign shorter deals.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 03:44 PM
I agree 100% SC