PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Sign Doss

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Worth taking a chance on. He's a former Buckeye who has been kind of a disappointment. He's had a lot of off-the-field problems.

Vikings sign former Colts safety Mike Doss

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Safety Mike Doss, who spent the past four seasons with the Indianapolis Colts, has signed with the Minnesota Vikings.

During his time in Indianapolis, Doss started 42 of the 46 regular season games he has played in. Doss played in six games last season before he was sidelined by a torn knee ligament.

While in Indianapolis, he played under current Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.

Doss, who played at Ohio State, was a second-round pick by the Colts in 2003.

In 2005, he was suspended by the NFL for two games, later reduced to one game, for violating the league's personal conduct policy. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor gun charge in Akron, Ohio, where he was arrested for firing a weapon outside a restaurant.

ND72
04-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I had heard, and maybe Rastak can help on this, but I had heard the Vikes have been interested in LaRon Landry....how many more safeties can they use?

Rastak
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I had heard, and maybe Rastak can help on this, but I had heard the Vikes have been interested in LaRon Landry....how many more safeties can they use?

I think they will be running a 6 safety defense.....LOL

Maybe they'll cut either Tank Williams, Dwight Smith or Doss at the end of camp depending on who wins the jobs. It's a low risk move so it makes some sense. I was kind of hoping they'd draft Landry but they may not do that now with all the safeties they have. Plus Greg Blue looked halfway decent last year.

Patler
04-04-2007, 02:14 PM
One article said they signed Doss for one year at $1 million. That's a pretty small contract for a 5th year vet. Minimum is around $600,000.

packers11
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
This f**ks my mock draft up... I had them taking Landry at 7... Hmm... Does this mean they take Leon Hall???

What do you guys feel about this??? Landry going to slip???

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Not to 16.

ND72
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I actually just re-did my mock today and i'll be posting it today,b ut I actually have the Vikes taking Patrick Willis now.

mmmdk
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Doss > Manuel

mngolf19
04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
This probably precludes them from taking Landry. I expect they get a DL unless Thomas is avail. OL and DL still most important items.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Good. Except for Carriker, I don't like those DL much. I'm quietly hoping that's the direction they go.

Rastak
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Good. Except for Carriker, I don't like those DL much. I'm quietly hoping that's the direction they go.

I doubt they'll go that route with #7 unless Gaines Adams is there. If they go DL or OL they'd trade down or just take BPA.

mngolf19
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM

I doubt they'll go that route with #7 unless Gaines Adams is there. If they go DL or OL they'd trade down or just take BPA.

Ras, Adams will be there. So what direction do you think? They're not going to pick another safety, I don't see RB or WR that high if not Johnson.

Partial
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Peterson?

Bretsky
04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Peterson?

I'd absolutely love to see Peterson fall to us; but I still think he'll go top 10 and somebody will trade up to nab him before us if he does not

Rastak
04-05-2007, 05:20 PM

Ras, Adams will be there. So what direction do you think? They're not going to pick another safety, I don't see RB or WR that high if not Johnson.

Like I said....BPA even it it's Quinn or Peterson.