PDA

View Full Version : My new 2 round Mock Draft.

ND72
04-04-2007, 06:45 PM
http://werfals.com/Darnizzle_Mock2.htm

2 rounds from me I did today. check it out, comment...don't be too rough on me. :lol:

Rastak
04-04-2007, 10:01 PM
http://werfals.com/Darnizzle_Mock2.htm

2 rounds from me I did today. check it out, comment...don't be too rough on me. :lol:

Nice mock. I could see the Vikes taking Willis but I think they'd be more likely to trade down a couple spots if they find a willing trade partner.

ND72
04-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Just incase someone can't open the link....

Darnizzle Mock #2 – 2 Round Mock – April 4, 2007

Raiders JaMarcus Russell QB, LSU
The closer we get to the draft, and the less it looks like the Raiders are going after any QB’s, the more it looks like he has to be the guy for them.

Lions Calvin Johnson WR, Georgia Tech
I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter what, Calvin Johnson is going #2.

Browns Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame
I’ve been reading that the Browns top 2 players on their board are JaMarcus Russell, and Brady Quinn.

Buccaneers Gaines Adams DE, Clemson
As is, I think Gaines Adams goes to Tampa to start the youth movement of their aging defense.

Cardinals Joe Thomas OT, Wisconsin
Their dream draft pick. If Arizona had the #1 pick, they would take Joe Thomas. To get him at #5, makes everyone there, including Matt Leinart, very happy. Don’t be surprise if they move him to RT to protect Leinart though.

Redskins Jamaal Anderson DE, Alabama
This is where the fun begins now. Redskins need help mostly on their DL. They take the next top DE after Gaines to help their pass rush.

Vikings Patrick Willis LB, Ole Miss.
First surprise of the draft. Minnesota has 2 studs Kevin and Pat Williams. Biggest way to improve your defense, take the top MLB in the draft to put behind those 2 boys.

Falcons LaRon Landy S, LSU
If the Falcons do stay at 8, this is the guy they had on their radar to put with the rest of their young DB’s. Landry helps this defense right away.

Dolphins Amobi Okoye DE/DT, Louisville
Okoye, I believe, is the best DL prospect in the draft. He’s extremely young (19) and extremely gifted. He also fits perfectly into the Dolphins 3-4 scheme, where he can play either a DE, or a DT.

Texans Adrian Peterson RB, Oklahoma
Yes they signed Ahman Green. Yes they resigned Ron Dayne. Yes, both of them aren’t young. Green and Peterson could be a deadly force together for a couple years. Green doesn’t need to carry the load as much, and Peterson doesn’t have to be the future right away.

49ers Alan Branch DT, Michigan
Branch could be a stud as the middle man in San Francisco’s 3-4. Could be considered a steal at #11.

Bills Levi Brown OT, Penn St.
Maybe a surprise with this pick, but the Bills have LOTS of holes to fill. They have holes at RB, RT, DT, LB, CB. If they take Lynch here, they still don’t have the line to help him. Might as well start up front and build backwards.

Rams Adam Carriker DE, Nebraska
The Rams still need help on defense, and DL is a priority for them. Little is still solid, but aging. Their 2 interior guys, Glover and Kennedy, are old and young respectively, and not that productive. Carriker can come in as the RDE opposite Little, and develop as their starter right away.

Panthers Greg Olsen TE, Miami
John Fox has been in love with Greg Olsen since the combine. Their defense is solid, so getting offensive weapons is highly needed for the Panthers. How did Delhomme go from a stud to a dud? Easy, no weapons. Olsen will stretch the defense to help with the Panthers solid running game.

Steelers Lawrence Timmons LB, FSU
Steelers lost a Pro Bowl LB, so they need to find a LB ready to play now. Timmons will bring the defense an attitude and level of play they lost with Porter. He might not be able to exactly fill those shoes, but he has the same mold.

Packers Marshawn Lynch RB, Cal
Packers need a RB, and a RB falls to them. Lynch could end up being the best RB in this draft. He’s big, he’s strong, he’s fast, he’s agile, and he has soft hands out of the backfield. If used right, he could get a team 2,000 all purpose yards every year.

Jaguars Reggie Nelson S, Florida
Jags look for some defensive help, and they find it in Reggie Nelson, who will immediately step in and be a starter day 1 with the Jags.

Bengals Paul Posluszny LB, Penn St.
Most of the Bengals Defense has been arrested, so they need to draft some defensive, but high quality guys, and Posluszny is just what the Bengals need.

Titans Dwayne Jarrett WR, USC
Titans took Young last year, either you build the defense to help him, or you give him weapons. Titans choose to take maybe the biggest weapon, size wise, in Dwayne Jarrett.

Giants Robert Meachem WR, Tennessee
Giants need defense, but their offense is pretty much as gross as any in the NFL. Meachem gives Manning another big target, and maybe some life to the offense.

Broncos Jarvis Moss DE, Florida
Broncos need some help on the Defensive Line, and right now, no former Browns are available. So they take the top DL player at this point in the draft, and Jarvis Moss is their guy.

Cowboys Dwayne Bowe WR, LSU
Cowboys filled needs with Leonard Davis and Ken Hamlin, now it’s time to give Tony Romo as many weapons as possible other than T.O. Dwayne Bowe is the top WR right now, and the thought of Bowe, T.O., and Glenn, would make anyone happy.

Chiefs Leon Hall CB, Michigan
Chiefs could take a WR, or could surprise everyone by making a huge stretch at taking a QB here, but they seem pretty happy with Croyle at QB. Chiefs will fit their biggest need on defense and take the top CB in Leon Hall. Could be a steal with Hall falling this far.

Patriots Aaron Ross CB, Texas
At this point of the offseason, the question is what DON’T the Patriots need? If your answer is nothing, that’s why they take the best defensive player on the board in Aaron Ross.

Jets Charles Johnson DE, Georgia
Jets want to keep building their defense, and their DE’s are aging. Charles Johnson is the top DE at this point of the draft.

Eagles Ted Ginn Jr. WR, Ohio St.
Eagles have made good steps again in helping their defense, now it’s time to help Donavon, and take the best WR on the board. Ted Ginn’s speed, and versatility to also return Punts and Kicks makes him an instant impact player for Philly.

Saints Darrelle Revis CB, Pitt
Cornerback is a big need for the Saints, and Revis is a top talent that they get at pick #27.

Patriots Michael Griffin S, Texas
2 first round picks for a team that really doesn’t have many, if any, holes. One place they could use help is at Safety, and Michael Griffin is a perfect fit for their defense.

Ravens Joe Staley OT, Central Michigan
Ogden is possibly retiring, and even if he doesn’t, they could use some upgrades on their offensive line. They could look for Justin Blalock instead at this point, but it’ll probably be one of the 2.

Chargers Sidney Rice WR, S. Carolina
What does a team with a record of 14-2 need? How bout weapons for their young QB other than LT and Gates? Chargers take the top WR on the board.

Bears Jon Beason LB, Miami
Bears could look to upgrade their offense, but with the appearance they will be loosing Briggs, they could take the top LB on the board, and Beason fits the need for a fast, athletic LB.

Colts Rufus Alexander LB, Oklahoma
What does the Super Bowl champion need? If anything, they probably need LB or DB. They might make a reach for Rufus here, but he’s the top LB on the board at this point, and when you are the Super Bowl champs, you draft by need.

2nd Round

Oakland – Tony Ugoh OT, Arkansas
Detroit – Drew Stanton QB, Michigan State
Tampa Bay – DeMarcus Tyler DT, N.C. State
Cleveland – Ryan Kalil C, USC
Chicago – Craig Davis WR, LSU
Arizona – Chris Houston CB, Arkansas
Atlanta – Justin Blalock G, Texas
Miami – Brandon Meriweather S, Miami
Minnesota – Zach Miller TE, Arizona State
San Francisco – LaMarr Woodley DE/OLB, Michigan
Buffalo – Antonio Pittman RB, Ohio State
Atlanta – Anthony Gonzalez WR, Ohio State
Carolina – David Harris MLB, Michigan
Pittsburgh – Ben Grubbs OG, Auburn
Green Bay – Victor Abiamiri DE, Notre Dame
Jacksonville – Paul Williams WR, Fresno State
Cincinnati – Justin Harrell DT, Tennessee
Tennessee – Anthony Spencer DE, Purdue
N.Y. Giants – Tanard Jackson CB, Syracuse
St. Louis – Jason Hill WR, Washington State
Dallas – Arron Sears OG, Tennessee
Kansas City – Ryan Harris OT, Notre Dame
Seattle – Ray McDonald DT, Florida
Denver – Marcus McCauley CB, Fresno State
Philadelphia – Tim Crowder DE, Texas
New Orleans – Quinn Pitcock DT, Ohio State
N.Y. Jets – Eric Wright CB, UNLV
New England – Earl Everett MLB, Florida
Baltimore – Stewart Bradley OLB, Nebraska
San Diego – Aaron Rouse S, Va. Tech
N.Y. Jets – Marshal Yanda OT, Iowa
Tampa Bay – James Marten OT, Boston College

packrulz
04-05-2007, 04:33 AM
I'd be happy with those 2.

MadtownPacker
04-05-2007, 04:54 AM
If Williams is there in the 2nd round I think TT pulls the trigger on him instead.

MJZiggy
04-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Are you sure the Bengals are gonna go defense? I just read that there's a possibility that they will have Antonio Chatman starting if Henry is suspended!

LL2
04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Your draft leaves a couple RB prospects on the board and the chance fro GB to take one in the 3rd if they go WR and S in the first two rds. I would take the chance on Bush if he’s there in rd 3.

wist43
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I could definitely see TT getting too cute by 1/2 and passing on Lynch at 16...

All of his preaching about how, "he likes the guys we have"... It wouldn't surprise me to see TT go OL or CB in the 1st round. Two positions of need - in two years.

Taking either of those positions in the 1st round would be the ultimate "in your face" to any and all who want to "win now".

TT will show 'em!!! :wink:

ND72
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
If Williams is there in the 2nd round I think TT pulls the trigger on him instead.

:lol: we think too a like....cause I put Paul Williams first, then thought about Teddy, and saw a couple defensive players sitting htere, and went with that. I like Abiamiri (not just cause he went to ND) but he's not small, 6'5" 270, and he could put some bulk on if need be. I think at some point we're dumping KGB because of his contract, and Abiamiri could easily fill his role.

And I know I left a couple RB's off the board, but while doing some reading, I saw a lot of GM's are kind of afraid of Michael Bush right now cause of his surgeries...I think someone will take the chance in round 2, but I think most will be more willing to take him round 3.

ND72
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I could definitely see TT getting too cute by 1/2 and passing on Lynch at 16...

I've thought of this too..but honestly I just don't see anyone at 16 that "fits" better, serves a "bigger role", or has better value there. I know TT has said "they're happy" with what they have, but I'm calling his bluff.

Brohm
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I think the pick at 16 is there to be had by another team. If Lynch is there at 16, I think TT will be working the phones til the last minute. If he can get value, he drops down. Hell, I think he will trade out of the first and rack up a number of 3's (which could be used for a vet receiver :P ). If there is no suitable trade, he grabs Lynch.

Charles Woodson
04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
ND, im not familar with the DE in the 2nd, can you tell me a bit about him?

Joemailman
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Victor Abiamiri
DE, Notre Dame

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is highly competitive and makes a lot of plays. Shows quick footwork to beat offensive tackles with pass-rush moves inside or around the corner. Excels at bull rushing with leverage. Uses hands and long arms well to jolt linemen backward. Is effective on stunts inside, and shows a closing burst to the quarterback. Is polished. Shows great strength at point of attack, clogging the hole and shedding the block to make the tackle. Looked great at the Senior Bowl, showing a solid build and long, muscular arms.

Weaknesses: Isn't explosive as a pass rusher, and will struggle to beat NFL offensive tackles to the corner. Lacks elite athleticism to become a dominant end.

Bottom line: Abiamiri impresses with his effort, technique and consistent production. Some NFL teams will overlook him because of his lack of elite speed, but he has the deceptive pass-rush skills to develop into a solid, well-rounded end.

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM
ND likes anyone who is a golden domer

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I think Pittman or Meriweather could be there and be our pick or the top WR that is still available.

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't think the Vikings would pass on Peterson.

Rastak
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't think the Vikings would pass on Peterson.

I agree, unless they trade down.....

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 08:31 PM
My Pittman/Meriweather comment was concerning round two. These mack drafts are fun to look at and see who everyone thinks will go where.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I honestly think Thompson will pass on Lynch--especially if the Packers sign Chris Brown. I could see a Morency-Brown-rookie taken in the middle rounds trio.

Rastak
04-06-2007, 05:38 AM
I honestly think Thompson will pass on Lynch--especially if the Packers sign Chris Brown. I could see a Morency-Brown-rookie taken in the middle rounds trio.

I personally think Morency-Brown would work.
I still think it behooves TT to draft a guy for the future though, this year.

BallHawk
04-06-2007, 09:15 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if he did just that. I can say this though, if Lynch is there when the Packers pick at #16 my heart will be pumping incredibly fast. That would be the longest 15 minutes of my life.

ND72
04-06-2007, 10:49 AM
ND likes anyone who is a golden domer

Not true. I don't like Ryan Harris...I don't like Darius Walker. I don't like Rhema McKnight.

ND72
04-06-2007, 10:52 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if he did just that. I can say this though, if Lynch is there when the Packers pick at #16 my heart will be pumping incredibly fast. That would be the longest 15 minutes of my life.

I don't think so...I think last year's 15 minutes were the LONGEST of my life, because I only wanted to hear 1 name....thank god it happened. :D

Packnut
04-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I still believe the best way to go is WR at 16 and then RB in round 2. Either Ginn or Bowe would improve us big-time at the #3 slot. Then in rd 2 grab either Irons or the best RB left. That would fill 2 positions of need and give immediate help to Favre.

ND72
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I still believe the best way to go is WR at 16 and then RB in round 2. Either Ginn or Bowe would improve us big-time at the #3 slot. Then in rd 2 grab either Irons or the best RB left. That would fill 2 positions of need and give immediate help to Favre.

I really agree with that. Except I really don't like Irons. I have issues with a guy that is maybe 5'10" 180 pounds. My dream would be Ted Ginn & Antonio Pittman. But that's me. I know plenty of people will disagree with it.

BallHawk
04-06-2007, 01:39 PM

I really agree with that. Except I really don't like Irons. I have issues with a guy that is maybe 5'10" 180 pounds. My dream would be Ted Ginn & Antonio Pittman. But that's me. I know plenty of people will disagree with it.

It is apparent to me, then, that we share the same dream.

ND72
04-06-2007, 11:19 PM
donno if any of you have check out www.werfals.com lately, but we're slowly making updates. My buddy put on a message board for anyone who wants to drop a note or anything. I told him I'd rather see a link to the packerrats message board than have that...but, it is technically his money that bought the webpage :lol: We're slowly adding more and more to it. easter sunday will be Brewer baseball, and my laptop on my lap doing some work for it.

The Leaper
04-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't see Thompson taking Lynch. You do not take a RB in the top 20 picks who doesn't have game breaking speed. Anyone who believe he can get you 2000 all-purpose yards a year is nuts. He's not Marshall Faulk...not even close.

He doesn't have great leg drive...which is something I love to see from a RB, especially one without elite speed. He also did not always show great vision in college...some people claim he shows "good patience" when really it looked more like Lynch was trying to wait and take every carry 80 yards, resulting in too many short gains trying to make fancy moves. He thinks he is Adrian Peterson. He's not. His desire to be a good blocker and do some of the little things seems non-existant.

Lynch will not be a Packer. Count on it.

ND72
04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't see Thompson taking Lynch. You do not take a RB in the top 20 picks who doesn't have game breaking speed. Anyone who believe he can get you 2000 all-purpose yards a year is nuts. He's not Marshall Faulk...not even close.

He doesn't have great leg drive...which is something I love to see from a RB, especially one without elite speed. He also did not always show great vision in college...some people claim he shows "good patience" when really it looked more like Lynch was trying to wait and take every carry 80 yards, resulting in too many short gains trying to make fancy moves. He thinks he is Adrian Peterson. He's not. His desire to be a good blocker and do some of the little things seems non-existant.

Lynch will not be a Packer. Count on it.

Not that I'm a huge Lynch guy...but boarderline 4.3/4.4 speed isn't game breaking?

b bulldog
04-07-2007, 04:53 PM
4.46 at Indy isn't slow but isn't gamebreaking either.

b bulldog
04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Pittman,Irons and lynch graded out real close but Lynch is the biggest and that means a lot.

ND72
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
If Green Bay drafts Irons, I will become a Bears fan.

b bulldog
04-07-2007, 05:02 PM
i'M NOT BIG ON HIM BUT SOME THINK HE IS A SLEEPER. I don't like his size and I think his toughness can be questioned.

RashanGary
04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I acctually like Irons. He is a little smallish but he played tough in the clips I watched and he ran patient and well.

Assuming health, I think he could be a very good player.

Jason Hill is a WR that I like alot. I don't exactly know why he had a down year though. He looked really natural on the tape that I've watched. He looked better than almost all the other WR's.

Was there a nagging injury in his senior season? I just don't know what happened there.

The Leaper
04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Not that I'm a huge Lynch guy...but boarderline 4.3/4.4 speed isn't game breaking?

He ran mid 4.4s at the combine...and he rarely showed breakaway speed in pads during his college career. In college, he had borderline game breaking speed...in the NFL, he won't have game breaking speed.

ND72
04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
and he rarely showed breakaway speed in pads during his college career. In college, he had borderline game breaking speed...

Gonna have to completely disagree with that.

mmmdk
04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
and he rarely showed breakaway speed in pads during his college career. In college, he had borderline game breaking speed...

Gonna have to completely disagree with that.

Either you have game breaking speed or you don't - not something you can "agree" on.

Partial
04-09-2007, 01:16 AM

He ran mid 4.4s at the combine...and he rarely showed breakaway speed in pads during his college career. In college, he had borderline game breaking speed...in the NFL, he won't have game breaking speed.

Devin Hester ran a 4.51 at the combine and I would argue he has game breaking speed.

mmmdk
04-09-2007, 01:27 AM

Devin Hester ran a 4.51 at the combine and I would argue he has game breaking speed.

...didn't he have nachos right before...?

BallHawk
04-09-2007, 05:53 AM

Yeah, but his agility is off the charts. As someone said, Ted Ginn is fast, Devin Hester is quick. There's a difference between the two.

Partial
04-09-2007, 06:58 AM

Yeah, but his agility is off the charts. As someone said, Ted Ginn is fast, Devin Hester is quick. There's a difference between the two.

That was me, also. And I agree. But 4.5 is flying. Frank Gore had the most explosive runs of any back in the league last year, and was second in % of runs that were explosive behind MJD. He runs about a 4.6 and is plenty fast. Acceleration is far more important than overall speed in my opinion, and Ginn is very quick off the line much like Hester.

What I question is whether he has the vision and the agility to make people miss. Hester is a lot like Reggie Bush, actually.

BallHawk
04-09-2007, 07:03 AM
In a few of Lynch's games that I watched he was always looking to break off a 60 yard run instead of settling for just a 6 yard run. Because of this, he ended up with a lot of 2 and 3 yard gains.

woodbuck27
04-10-2007, 01:34 PM
In a few of Lynch's games that I watched he was always looking to break off a 60 yard run instead of settling for just a 6 yard run. Because of this, he ended up with a lot of 2 and 3 yard gains.

He's not going to have that time in the NFL. That 'jee watch me' thing will have to be coached out of him.

Partial
04-10-2007, 02:14 PM

No offense but I don't necessarily buy this because it is simply very hard to see the running lanes, etc, with the standard TV camera set-up. I actually kinda liked the XFL behind the QB madden-style camera. Made it much easier to see routes and break down running plays.

BallHawk
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Of course I can't see the holes open, but you can see that he's looking for the big run. Watch his footwork carefully, he's trying for the big run.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Gore's numbers were taken when he wasn't 100%. That is the reason why he slid so far in the draft. Gore was thought to be a bezst when the U inked him for their football team.