PDA

View Full Version : Who is the 2nd best wr in the draft?

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I thinks it's Rice. Something about him reminds me of Walker. In a couple years I think he can be a great Wr. Also, I think if Jarrett gets chosen in the second, what ever team picks him is getting a steal. He may have been slow in the 40, but I think he's fast enough off the line that he will make an impact in the league. He reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson.

Let me know what you guys think.....

BallHawk
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I think it's Meachem. There's just something about him that tells you he is going to be a great player.

Rice may do well, but he tends to catch with his body too much.

ND72
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Ginn...He's fast, he has really soft hands, and he serves a dual role in WR & a Returner. People don't like him, but the guy has talent and will be dangerous in the NFL.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I think it's Meachem. There's just something about him that tells you he is going to be a great player.

Rice may do well, but he tends to catch with his body too much.

Wasn't it Meachem that I heard who had all those dropped passes, I could be wrong though.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Ginn...He's fast, he has really soft hands, and he serves a dual role in WR & a Returner. People don't like him, but the guy has talent and will be dangerous in the NFL.

I also like Ginn a lot. I think he will be exactly like Donte Hall of KC, I great KR and a very good number 3. However, I don't think he will ever be a full time starter.

BallHawk
04-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Yeah, I almost choose him for the 2nd best WR. I really would like him. As it has been said before, he fills three positions: WR, KR, PR. He would have the most "immediate" impact of any WR we could draft.

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I think Ginn is slightly better than the others.

RashanGary
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I like Ginn and Jarrett. I think Ginn could be more explosive but Jarrett is a little more of a sure thing.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Robert Meachem
Sidney Rice
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Dwayne Jarrett
Anthony Gonzalez
Paul Williams (not sure about him yet, but Mad likes him, so I might move him up)

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Robert Meachem
Sidney Rice
Ted Ginn Jr
Dwayne Bowe
Dwayne Jarrett
Anthony Gonzalez
Paul Williams (not sure about him yet, but Mad likes him, so I might move him up)

I like Williams a lot also. You should see his highlight vid on youtube, it's really nice.

MadtownPacker
04-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Yeeeeaaaah, jump on the bandwagon!!!!

Some people say Williams didnt face elite DBs but they played alot of "big" schools during his time at Fresno St. He is big, strong, fast and can catch. Not a bad selection at all in the 2nd round. If he drops to the third he would be a steal. Bulldog coach Pat Hill gets his players NFL ready. That is why there are many of them in the NFL.

The Leaper
04-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I like Ginn short term. He isn't a complete WR, but his game breaking speed forces a defense to respect him at all times. Any creative OC should be able to utilize Ginn's talent effectively. His ability on special teams is also an added bonus.

Long term, one of the bigger WRs likely will pan out to become an elite player...but I honestly don't have an idea who that would be. Rice, Meachem, Jones, Bowe...who knows which ones will pan out. Lots of talent...but all are pretty raw.

digitaldean
04-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I would like any of the following in the first round by the Pack:
Ginn (return game gets major boost, plus we have a legit speed burner)
Rice (very quick off the ball, and fights for the ball in coverage)
Jarrett (may not have had a great pro day, but has quality skills and has a quick initial burst)
Steve Smith (has good hands and will definitely get a lot of yards after the catch)

Bowe would be OK.

In the 2nd round, guys like Meachem, Williams and Gonzalez would be fine (if available).