PDA

View Full Version : Lions sign G Mulitalo to three-year deal

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Associated Press
Posted: 18 hours ago

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) - Offensive lineman Edward Mulitalo, cut by Baltimore last month, was signed by Detroit to a three-year contract Wednesday.

The 6-foot-3, 350-pound Mulitalo was the Ravens' starting left guard for eight seasons. He has played in 106 regular-season games and seven postseason games, including the 2000 Suuper Bowl.
Mulitalo started the first four games of the 2006 season and helped Baltimore get off to its first 4-0 start in franchise history before he suffered a season-ending triceps injury against San Diego.

In Detroit, Mulitalo will be reunited with offensive line coach Jim Colletto, who coached him in the same capacity for six seasons in Baltimore.

retailguy
04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
This is bad news.

If this guy can play it could help solidify the line. The line play has been the biggest issue with Detroit's lack of success the past few seasons.

swede
04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah. This could be good for the Lions.

What's scaring me is that for many years people have been predicting that the Lions would be improved and they have continued to be awful.

This year pundits seem to be ganging up on them as being bad. If they draft CJ their karma may change in the wrong direction for us.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah. This could be good for the Lions.

What's scaring me is that for many years people have been predicting that the Lions would be improved and they have continued to be awful.

This year pundits seem to be ganging up on them as being bad. If they draft CJ their karma may change in the wrong direction for us.

I think they should draft Quinn. They have no future at QB and he is IMO going to be a very good QB for a long time.

Edit: However, I don't want them to. 8-)

wist43
04-05-2007, 12:04 PM
If you have no QB, and are drafting that high, IF - and I do mean a huge IF - there is a QB available that has a shot at being a franchise QB, you have to pull the trigger.

QB's are next to impossible to evaluate going from the college game to the pros... so it's a bigger crap shoot than taking another position that high.

I have no idea if Quinn will be a franchise QB... but, if they feel he has a shot - they have to take him.