PDA

View Full Version : PFT Mock

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
ROUND ONE

1. Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

2. Arizona Cardinals (from Lions, projected): Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3. Cleveland Browns: Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU.

5. Detroit Lions (from Cardinals, projected): Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

6. Washington Redskins: Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

8. Atlanta Falcons (from Texans): LaRon Landry, safety, LSU.

9. Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

10. Houston Texans (from Falcons): Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.\

11. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

12. Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

13. St. Louis Rams: Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

14. Carolina Panthers: Robert Meachem, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15. New England Patriots (from Steelers, projected): Reggie Nelson, safety, Florida.

16. New York Jets (from Packers, projected): Darrelle Revis, cornerback, Pitt.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Levi Brown, offensive tackle, Penn State.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Leon Hall, cornerback, Michigan.

19. Tennessee Titans: Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

20. New York Giants: Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

21. Denver Broncos: Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Sidney Rice, wide receiver, South Carolina.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (from Steelers, projected, through Seahawks): Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

25. Green Bay Packers (from Jets, projected): Greg Olsen, tight end, Miami.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

27. New Orleans Saints: Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

28. New England Patriots: Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Kalil, center, USC.

30. San Diego Chargers: Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

31. Chicago Bears: Dwayne Jarrett, wide receiver, Bears.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Joe Staley, offensive tackle, Central Michigan.

BallHawk
04-05-2007, 12:04 PM
It's not that I dislike Greg Olsen, I think he could be quite good, but the risk of taking him in the 1st round is too high, especially considering we already made that mistake once.

swede
04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Finally, someone figured out TT'S strategy for the draft.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Finally, someone figured out TT'S strategy for the draft.

Thats why I posted it, has TT writen all over it. :D

Charles Woodson
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I would be curious as to what the compensation is.

Packnut
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Trading down and drafting Olsen would be just plain dumb. Better talent than him available at 16.

ND72
04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I would like to see what the compensation is and why the jets would be wanting to move up to take Darrelle Revis, when they probably only need to move up to #20 or so for sure.

That does have TT written all over it though.

LL2
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I'd be happy with that trade if we can pick up a number two. The we can go best D player and pick up a RB.

woodbuck27
04-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd be happy with that trade if we can pick up a number two. The we can go best D player and pick up a RB.

How are the Jets compensating us? What second rounder?

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-05-2007, 01:06 PM

It said that their posting the second round later today, that would answer the question of whether it's a 2nd or a 3rd.

CaliforniaCheez
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Ted has always "lost" value on the traditional point value chart that floats around the internet.

Going from #16 to #25 is worth a third, 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick at the #25 level. It is also worth the second round pick of the Bears (pick #63)that the Bears traded to the Jets.

It would be an interesting gamble. RB Tony Hunt of Penn State is #61 on my board.

BF4MVP
04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
That mock sucks. I hate when mocks try to predict trades....

BallHawk
04-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Ted has always "lost" value on the traditional point value chart that floats around the internet.

Going from #16 to #25 is worth a third, 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick at the #25 level. It is also worth the second round pick of the Bears (pick #63)that the Bears traded to the Jets.

It would be an interesting gamble. RB Tony Hunt of Penn State is #61 on my board.

Where do you have Antonio Pittman?

woodbuck27
04-05-2007, 01:36 PM

It said that their posting the second round later today, that would answer the question of whether it's a 2nd or a 3rd.

OK. Thanks. :)

woodbuck27
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Moving fr. #16 to #25 is worth 280 points back to us.

280 points in one scenario = the Jets second (340 pt's) and we give up OUR 4th to the Jets .

Rastak
04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
That mock sucks. I hate when mocks try to predict trades....

Why? I't not that much harder than predicting the actual picks...which is next to impossible!!

Heck, it's fun to speculate, that why mocks are there in the first place.
Trade speculation is fun too.

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Trades are great and when your dealing with TT, it will most likely happen. I have heard that the Packers like one of the Jets RB's so he could b e involved along with picks.

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
It was Cedric Houston.

cheesner
04-05-2007, 03:39 PM

Not many teams use the 'trade value' chart. Wouldn't it change yearly based on the talent level available? Trading down in the 2nd last year netted us Jennings and Spitz. Was this better than staying put and taking WR Jackson? I think we ended up getting a better WR and a starting Guard to boot. If TT trades down in the 1st (which I don't think will happen) I suspect he has a good plan in mind - the player he wants anyway, will be available later.

LL2
04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
It was Cedric Houston.

Who’s this guy? So we move down in the first and get another obscure benchwarmer? No deal.

b bulldog
04-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Did you read the part where it was posted that more picks would be involved?

BallHawk
04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
It was Cedric Houston.

Who’s this guy? So we move down in the first and get another obscure benchwarmer? No deal.

He's no benchwarmer. He's got great speed and scored 5 TDs last season. He's only 25 years old and hasn't been used heavily in his career. He was a great find for the Jets when they drafted him in the 6th round out of Tennessee.

I'm surprised people don't remember him more. He burned us on our home field for 105 yards and 2 TDs.

LL2
04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
It was Cedric Houston.

He's no benchwarmer. He's got great speed and scored 5 TDs last season. He's only 25 years old and hasn't been used heavily in his career. He was a great find for the Jets when they drafted him in the 6th round out of Tennessee.

I'm surprised people don't remember him more. He burned us on our home field for 105 yards and 2 TDs.

If he burned us I do not want to remember that. On the other hand if he has potential and can score in the red zone then lets bring him on board.