PDA

View Full Version : Sept 1992 - Favre Era Begins

GBRulz
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I saw this posted on Favre's official site, kinda cool to look back at this!

It was weird not seeing it break into a commercial or seeing a million sponsors posted all over the place. And where is the yellow first down marker?? Times have sure changed!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/favre%20videos/th_Favreerabeginspat1.jpg (http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/favre%20videos/?action=view&current=Favreerabeginspat1.flv)

pbmax
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Before I was a Packer fan, and somehow I remember seeing Robert Brooks take that kick out of bounds. I must have been watching the game with friends.

And there was Nolan Cromwell, a skinny Mike Holmgren, rookie Robert Brooks, like watching someone's family movie collection :lol:

And Jim Lampley was broadcasting the game, that I forgot! Anybody know who was doing the color?

pbmax
04-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Oh my... that was Ahmad Rashad!

The NFL needs to release this stuff on DVD so I can relive 6 or seven years of it!

That was pretty high profile guys for doing the Bengals, who were being coached, poorly, by Mike/David Shula.

pbmax
04-05-2007, 09:51 PM
And the post game was Bob Costas, OJ SIMPSON and special guest Buddy Ryan. Weird.

Brando19
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
"Here, Brett Favre, you want a challenge? Try this one."
I love that quote from the announcer with about a minute to go.
I have that game on DVD, but it never....NEVER gets old watching it.

packinpatland
04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
This was in the days before direct tv, living on the east coast, we missed alot of REALLY GOOD games and plays like this one.

Just curious, if this was now, would Favre have gotten a penalty for removing his helmet while on the field?

Brando19
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
He probably would have for spiking the ball!

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Awesome! Thanks GBR.

Just curious, if this was now, would Favre have gotten a penalty for removing his helmet while on the field?

Yes, but that rule was in affect until the 1997 season. Actually, I think they put in the rules after he took his helmet off during the 1996 Super Bowl (game was in 1997)--probably to "prove" they weren't playing favorites with the celebration rule.

MTPackerfan
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
sweet video, thanks for posting that, I know I have never seen that before. They didn't show many Packer games from 1992 here in Montana

MadtownPacker
04-06-2007, 02:14 AM
You couldn't write a better story then that.

GBRulz
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Apparently, the post on Favre's site said "Part 1 of 3", so eventually there will be two more video clips. I will post to this thread when I find them.

Maybe the audio was different back then, but the crowd sure doesn't seem as loud as it does now. Then again, the stadium was more open then and before the skyboxes went all the way around.

This video really does seem old. I remember I had just started my 2nd year of college :oops:

packinpatland
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Apparently, the post on Favre's site said "Part 1 of 3", so eventually there will be two more video clips. I will post to this thread when I find them.

Maybe the audio was different back then, but the crowd sure doesn't seem as loud as it does now. Then again, the stadium was more open then and before the skyboxes went all the way around.

This video really does seem old. I remember I had just started my 2nd year of college :oops:

Those were the days, my friend, we'd thought they'd never end............. :whist:

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
That was beautiful. :cry:

pacfan
04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
awesome

oregonpackfan
04-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks much, GRRulz! You have just been added to my Christmas List! :D

packinpatland
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks much, GRRulz! You have just been added to my Christmas List! :D

I'd hold him to it,................ ask for gems, money, certificates of deposit.......good tangible stuff!

CaptainKickass
04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I recall watching that game and thinking we were totally screwed when Brooks took the kick out of bounds.

I don't seem to recall Favre so dramatically stepping up into the pocket anymore, at least not like on those last couple of plays.

I seem to believe that he likes to do the roll out a bunch and likes to do his patented "side step" manuver to avoid rushers, but somehow it seems like stepping up into the pocket was lost since his early years.

Can anyone here offer evidence/speculation either way?

gbgary
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM
i remember that like it was yesterday. the Packer bar i was at exploded in cheers!! that was cool, thanks.

MJZiggy
04-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I recall watching that game and thinking we were totally screwed when Brooks took the kick out of bounds.

I don't seem to recall Favre so dramatically stepping up into the pocket anymore, at least not like on those last couple of plays.

I seem to believe that he likes to do the roll out a bunch and likes to do his patented "side step" manuver to avoid rushers, but somehow it seems like stepping up into the pocket was lost since his early years.

Can anyone here offer evidence/speculation either way?

Is that because he chooses to roll out or because the designed play calls for it?

Sounds like a good question to ask on one of the chats or M3 show...

pbmax
04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
I remember the Sanjay Beach era fondly as well.... :wink:

Something new every time I go back to watch it.

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Here are the last 2 parts to this....

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/th_FavreerabeginsPt2.jpg (http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/?action=view&current=FavreerabeginsPt2.flv)

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 06:50 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/th_FavreerabeginsPt3.jpg (http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/?action=view&current=FavreerabeginsPt3.flv)

]{ilr]3
04-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Awesome! 8-) I didnt own a TV for about 3 years and didnt watch a single Packers game during that time. I was too busy being dumb and young. I had fun, but i wish I would have watched the Packers during that time. :cry:

Rastak
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
{ilr]3]Awesome! 8-) I didnt own a TV for about 3 years and didnt watch a single Packers game during that time. I was too busy being dumb and young. I had fun, but i wish I would have watched the Packers during that time. :cry:

Holy crap, no TV for 3 years! Yikes!

I do understand about ditching sports when young.....ecspecially around 17-20 years old. Lots of stuff going on....I never ditched the Vikes during that time but I did stop watching baseball for 3 or 4 years while covorting.....

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I really wish the NFL would sell complete games like this. You see those highlight type videos, but not full games. Not sure what they have against that. I think it would be a big cash cow for them. and we all know how much the NFL likes revenue !

HarveyWallbangers
04-09-2007, 09:59 PM
I really wish the NFL would sell complete games like this. You see those highlight type videos, but not full games. Not sure what they have against that. I think it would be a big cash cow for them. and we all know how much the NFL likes revenue !

Totally Agree.

packinpatland
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
So...........I have every game since 2003 recorded. What do you think they're worth? :lol:

gbgary
04-10-2007, 11:24 AM
So...........I have every game since 2003 recorded. What do you think they're worth? :lol:

since 2003? sadly not worth very much.

woodbuck27
04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks GBRulz. :)

packinpatland
04-10-2007, 12:43 PM

since 2003? sadly not worth very much.

Want just the few W's?

the_idle_threat
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
That was pretty exciting. Green Bay should start winning games at home again.