PDA

View Full Version : did anyone else hear???

ND72
04-06-2007, 11:16 PM
On the 5pm Sportscenter, I heard "Don't be surprised if Adrian Peterson falls to #6 to Washington, if Green Bay somehow gets themselves up ahead of Minnesota and takes Adrian Peterson. Ted Thompson is quitely very in love with Adrian."

pbmax
04-06-2007, 11:36 PM
On the 5pm Sportscenter, I heard "Don't be surprised if Adrian Peterson falls to #6 to Washington, if Green Bay somehow gets themselves up ahead of Minnesota and takes Adrian Peterson. Ted Thompson is quitely very in love with Adrian."

I didn't hear it, but Washington has also been involved in two other rumors about that pick. The legit one, Briggs, and another on PFT about Asante Samuel.

Might be Danny Snyder trying to entice someone to pay him to drop down.

HarveyWallbangers
04-07-2007, 12:39 AM
National media thinks... Adrian Peterson falls a little bit... Green Bay needs a RB... Green Bay might trade up. They run with it. People that know anything about the Packers organization (e.g. Ted Thompson) knows that Thompson would be VERY unlikely to give up the picks it would take to move to #6.

LL2
04-07-2007, 07:46 AM
National media thinks... Adrian Peterson falls a little bit... Green Bay needs a RB... Green Bay might trade up. They run with it. People that know anything about the Packers organization (e.g. Ted Thompson) knows that Thompson would be VERY unlikely to give up the picks it would take to move to #6.

Agree

Patler
04-07-2007, 08:19 AM

I agree, it is unlikely he would give up the picks to move up to #6, it would take his first four picks to do that.

BUT, I could see him sending a player or players and the 16th pick to move up to #6. I don't know which player(s) might be enough, but the only ones that might carry some value would be KGB and/or one of the DTs.

falco
04-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Christl wrote a nice article about Thompson needing to make a brash move in order to turn the Packers from an average team to a great one.

I don't know if Thompson would ever adhere to such a philosophy. But I don't think you can completely rule out such a scenario.

pbmax
04-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Harvey, I agree the threshold, especially in sports reporting, is too low. But if it was an original report bulldog heard from someone legit, then usually there is a source, not just making it up out of whole cloth.

Then again, with the way reports can speed and spin their way across the web, its possible someone WAS engaging in wild specualtion, and its now been upgraded to "rumor".

Persoanlly, I'm hoping Patler's right, but I doubt he's moving that far for a running back. Not in his (or Wolf's) history, doesn't fit in his program, and this ZBS offense hasn't needed top flight RBs before.

I think we'll see two RBs added, at least one in the draft, but not before the second round. And I don't think it'll be a safety either.

Chevelle2
04-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Acutally for those who say the media made this up, a NJ newspaper said the same, that TT loves AD, and Arrigo (I know you guys hate him) also said this is a legit possibility.

ND72
04-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I personally doubt it would happen....but, I heard it, thought I'd post it, see what everyone else thought. I think we'll sit right at 16, or maybe move down if possible.

RashanGary
04-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe we trade Barnett and something smaller for the #6.

Patler
04-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Anyone else remember the article just after the Seattle game, discussing TT "reminiscing" with Shaun Alexander? The implication was that TT had convinced Seattle to draft Alexander shortly after coming to Seattle. They had been looking at somone else, but TT thought Alexander was what the offense needed.

Darn newspapers (MJS and GBPG) both want to charge for articles more than a few weeks old. Last year I would have found the article and posted a link to it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bretsky
04-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Acutally for those who say the media made this up, a NJ newspaper said the same, that TT loves AD, and Arrigo (I know you guys hate him) also said this is a legit possibility.

Once again I'm on record saying I enjoy the rumors at PC; but honestly, Arrigo has said about 100 things are legit possibilities that have not occured this year. To me he's no more legitimate than me making things up and posting them as legit possibilities.

Cheers,
B

ND72
04-07-2007, 12:34 PM

that would be retarded.

b bulldog
04-07-2007, 01:33 PM
In regards to Arrigo, what hasn't he posted about the Packers this offseason. He is a total JOKE! I do think he really embarrassed himself by reading his recent posts. He has been much more subdued and now he really only posts the obvious as rumor.

MJZiggy
04-07-2007, 01:48 PM

that would be retarded.

I'd agree there.

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2007, 03:02 AM
Ted Thompson is quitely very in love with Adrian."

Will the rumors ever die?

MJZiggy
04-08-2007, 07:54 AM
:roll: