PDA

View Full Version : Resign Taylor? NFLE Packers.

packrulz
04-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Taylor has good size and potential if he can stay healthy, besides, he shouldn't cost much. He could back up all 3 LB spots. Poppy made some mistakes last year. I like Willis or Posluszny in the draft but they will probably be gone at the 16th pick.

Our Marshfield native, Stenavich, was a 1st round pick of the Admirals, hope he has a good season over there in NFLE. Good LT's are hard to find.

April 7, 2007

Taylor hopes to return to Packers

By Tom Pelissero
tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Often-injured linebacker Ben Taylor continues to work out in Green Bay in hopes of re-signing with the Packers after the NFL draft.

"I know they've kept the door open, which is good," Bob Lattinville, Taylor's agent, said Thursday afternoon.

Packers linebackers coach Winston Moss left Taylor a message this week encouraging the former fourth-round draft pick to stay in shape, Lattinville said. Taylor remains interested in returning to the Packers despite a steep dropoff last season from the career numbers he posted with Cleveland in 2005.

The Packers hoped Taylor would compete for a starting spot when they signed him to a one-year contract worth roughly $665,000 last March. He'd started all 16 games at weakside linebacker for Cleveland in '05, recording 139 tackles (76 solo). But after the Packers made A.J. Hawk their No. 1 pick, Taylor couldn't beat out Brady Poppinga on the strong side, missed six games with a hamstring injury and had only two tackles on defense all season.

Injuries have plagued Taylor since he left Virginia Tech. In five NFL seasons, he's missed 31 games with hamstring, back, elbow and pectoral injuries and landed on injured reserve twice, in 2002 and '04.

Returning to Green Bay is appealing to Taylor in part because he knows the system and could back up all three linebacker positions. The Washington Redskins also have shown substantial interest this offseason, Lattinville said, noting his client probably won't sign anywhere until next month.

Europass

Guard Adam Stenavich, re-signed by the Packers in January after spending time on the practice squad last season, was the Amsterdam Admirals' first-round pick in last month's NFL Europa allocation draft. The Marshfield native and former Michigan left tackle is expected to be in uniform when play begins next Saturday.

Other Packers in the NFL's development league are receiver Carlton Brewster and linebacker Tim Goodwell, who are teammates on the Berlin Thunder, and safety Alvin Nnabuife (Cologne). The fifth Packer allocated, cornerback Antonio Malone, is on injured reserve for the Rhein Fire. None spent time on the Packers' 53-man roster last season.

Former Packers quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan, now with the Chicago Bears, is back with the Frankfurt Galaxy, the team he led to a World Bowl berth in 2004.

Bretsky
04-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Maybe TT doesn't think we have enough money available

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

b bulldog
04-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Poslusney has a great chance of being picked in round two and could fall to the Packers second round selection. I've seen some draft boards that have him going mid second round.

KYPack
04-08-2007, 09:12 AM
The Cincy Enquirer has a big article this AM that has the Bengals taking Poslusney with their #1 two spots after the Pack.

I still can't believe the Bengals and the Packers finished with the same record last year.

Bretsky
04-08-2007, 10:10 AM
The Cincy Enquirer has a big article this AM that has the Bengals taking Poslusney with their #1 two spots after the Pack.

I still can't believe the Bengals and the Packers finished with the same record last year.

Me either; wish we could trade rosters

packers11
04-08-2007, 10:13 AM

I hope that was sarcastic... Half of them are in jail... Imagine if Nick Barnett was suspended for a year like Odell Thurman, I would definitely not want to switch rosters...

The only player I would want is chad Johnson, but the rest, no thanks ... I think the packers will be better very soon, the youth is starting to grow...

Bretsky
04-08-2007, 10:16 AM

I hope that was sarcastic... Half of them are in jail... Imagine if Nick Barnett was suspended for a year like Odell Thurman, I would definitely not want to switch rosters...

The only player I would want is chad Johnson, but the rest, no thanks ... I think the packers will be better very soon, the youth is starting to grow...

I would immediately get rid of some of the bad apples....but they have

Carson Palmer
Rudi Johnson and a solid option #2
TJ Housch
Chad Johnson

And their D has some talent. OK, I'll recant me statement and say attitudes aside I wish we have the same talent level as the Bengals.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Didn't TJ housch say he wanted out? Thats one team I definitely wouldn't want to be.

KYPack
04-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Didn't TJ housch say he wanted out? Thats one team I definitely wouldn't want to be.

Justin Smith.

Two way defensive end who busts it every play. Him and kamp would be the best DE combo in the league.

The bad apple guys are really Chris Henry & Odell. Both of 'em hang in the gutter. The other guys got caught for piddle shit that can happen to guys anyplace.

Thurman could be a star if he got a new brain.

Iron Mike
04-09-2007, 08:30 AM

Justin Smith.

Two way defensive end who busts it every play. Him and Kampy would be the best DE combo in the league.

They'd prolly be the only WHITE DE combo in the league, also..... :wink: