PDA

View Full Version : Falcons sign Joey Harrington

Brando19
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Joey Harrington on a two-year contract, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting.

Financial terms of the deal were not available.

Harrington will replace Matt Schaub as Michael Vick's backup in Atlanta. Schaub signed a six-year, $48 million deal with the Houston Texans last month.

Last season, Harrington played in 11 games for the Miami Dolphins. He passed for 2,236 yards along with 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Before joining Miami, Harrington played four seasons with Detroit. The former University of Oregon standout was the third overall pick of the Lions in the 2002 NFL draft.

Brando19
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I just read that he gets $6 million for 2 years...almost identical to David Carr's deal.

BooHoo
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Glad Joey signed with someone. I didn't want him in Green and Gold.

Merlin
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me who signed with Miami? I know Plummer retired rather then play for them. Culpepper is as good as gone and now Harrington? Is Ricky Williams going to line up under center for them?

Brando19
04-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I think Plummer retired rather than to play for the Bucs. I've read today that the Dolphins are lining up visits for Jamarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, and Drew Stanton. I guess they plan on drafting a QB. I don't know about Culpepper. He's still with the team as of now.

Merlin
04-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I think he is to. And you are right it was one of the other Florida teams for Plummer. I didn't think Harrington played that bad last year. They actually looked like a team when he was back there. I guess Miami is to the east coast as Oakland is to the west coast :).

Brando19
04-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I think he is to. And you are right it was one of the other Florida teams for Plummer. I didn't think Harrington played that bad last year. They actually looked like a team when he was back there. I guess Miami is to the east coast as Oakland is to the west coast :).

LoL...you could compare them with Oakland or you could compare them with Detroit....they all suck.

Merlin
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Detroit - the midwest's answer to the west coast Raiders.....LOL

BallHawk
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
So, money-wise, Harrington is equal to Carr? BS. Carr is above average, while Harrington is not.

Carr will be the future for the Panthers at QB if he gets a shot.

MJZiggy
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Detroit - the midwest's answer to the west coast Raiders.....LOL

Just remember when you say that that Oakland was in the SuperBowl not too long ago...

Brando19
04-09-2007, 05:59 PM
So, money-wise, Harrington is equal to Carr? BS. Carr is above average, while Harrington is not.

Carr will be the future for the Panthers at QB if he gets a shot.

Agreed. When Carr isn't on his ass..he's a real good QB.

oregonpackfan
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I just read that he gets $6 million for 2 years...almost identical to David Carr's deal.

Wow! For a quarterback who has been let go by two different pro teams, that is a remarkable salary.

MadtownPacker
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Does part of Joey's deal include him playing the piano at halftime? :P