PDA

View Full Version : DONALD DRIVER STORY BOGUS?

gbpackfan
04-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Looking around the internet, it seems that Driver may not have said what ESPN is saying he said. This is one quote I found on Packers Chatters.com

Various people are saying that Donald Driver was just on the score (Fox Valley Radio) and that he said he thinks this whole thing is funny. Also, on ESPN Michael Smith said he has NOT talked to Driver and is going off info from December 2005 so let's hold out for some more details.

This was also found

TV-6 on it's 5:00 news quoted DD's agent as saying this was all blown out of proportion. He said that DD wants to finish his career with the Packers. He WAS NOT issuing any altumatum about being traded. He also said naturally he'd like a raise in pay. (who wouldn't). So much for all the crying and gnashing of teeth. Donald is a Packer through and through. That good enough?

I am not saying this is fact either, but don't take what you heard on ESPN as gospel!

Driver should get paid though. He is a great player and team-mate. Hook him up!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
No surprise Driver is complaining.

Who's the Packers GM again?

gbpackfan
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I would expect nothing less from you Tank! :roll:

MJZiggy
04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Pay Driver--whether he asks for it or not.

RashanGary
04-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Flanagan was underpaid. Tauscher is underpaid. Driver is underpaid. Green is underpaid.

It takes a certain type of person to complain about something they did to themselves. Everyone is aware of the changes that can occur in the NFL. Walker wants to point the finger at everyone else but in reality it is him who signed a long contract so he could get more up front. Driver understands that. Tauscher understands that. Flanagan did. Most do. This is really good to hear that he is not complaining.....

VegasPackFan
04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
So Michael Smith is reporting something he got from DECEMBER and reporting it in April.

Can I get a job that works like that?

Geeze.

gbpackfan
04-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Vegas,

THIS JUST IN....BREAKING NEWS.....

Mike McKenzie wants out of Green Bay. Refuses to play with Pack.

Oh wait......am I a little late with this one? Oh well, ESPN will keep me employed, no biggie!

VegasPackFan
04-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey, maybe you and me can do a radio show together!

This is great, man - who needs standards!?

gbpackfan
04-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm down! We could do it on ESPN RADIO! We can just say what ever the hell we want!!!!

Donvan McNabb traded to San Fran!

or

Arrington already wants a new contract. says "trade me!"

or what about,

Donald Trump purchases Packers. Will move team to LA.

I can see it now!

Guiness
04-28-2006, 12:48 AM
It takes a certain type of person to complain about something they did to themselves.

Ya, it's called a codled millionair crybaby. And unfortunately, we created them. I really don't know how you can expect a 20something year old that you throw millions of dollars at to act.

You should've seen Roberto Alomar when he played for the Blue Jays in Toronto. Just full of himself.