PDA

View Full Version : OH Finally!!!

LL2
04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
We know who Anna Nicole Smith's daughter's dad is....phew!

MJZiggy
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Not that I really care, but out of train-wreck curiosity, who is it?

the_idle_threat
04-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Turns out it was Skinbasket. :!:

Kiwon
04-10-2007, 05:12 PM
(Personal rant start)

Honest to goodness.....

Why would anyone outside the immediate family really care? What is the fascination with other people's lives? Are people's own lives so empty that they have to engross themselves in the lives of others in order to feel fulfilled?

Thank you 24-hour cable news. One in five adults are functionally illiterate but you can bet that they know exactly the content of each channel.

America is seriously screwed up.

(Personal rant end)

Now, the truth is I take notice of train wrecks too. I've followed the story myself and thought Birkhead was likely the father all along (what man fights for paternity these days?). That said, whether these people existed or not doesn't impact me at all. I'm too busy with my own life.

the_idle_threat
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
DNA shows Birkhead is baby's father (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/anna_nicole_smith)

By JESSICA ROBERTSON, Associated Press Writer
4 minutes ago

NASSAU, Bahamas - DNA tests prove it: Larry Birkhead is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's million-dollar baby.

"I told you so!" the late Playboy Playmate's former boyfriend said Tuesday upon emerging from a closed court hearing. He added: "My baby's going to be coming home pretty soon."

Birkhead, a 34-year-old California photographer, then hugged his rival, Howard K. Stern, who has been caring for baby Dannielynn since Smith's sudden death in February.

The hearing was a pivotal moment in the battle over who gets custody of the girl, who could inherit a fortune from the estate of Smith's late husband, J. Howard Marshall II. Although Birkhead is the father, Stern's name is on the birth certificate. Another custody hearing was scheduled for Friday.

Stern, who was Smith's lawyer and later became her companion, said he wouldn't fight for custody, but a lawyer for Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur, indicated she might. The judge scheduled another hearing for Friday in the pink colonial courthouse to discuss who will raise the girl, who could inherit hundreds of millions of dollars.

Stern said he loved the baby despite the DNA results and would support Birkhead.

"I'm obviously very disappointed, but my feelings for Dannielynn have not changed," he said, adding of Birkhead: "I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure he gets sole custody."

Birkhead had been fighting for custody of Dannielynn even before Smith's death.

"Nothing's been determined except parentage and I'm the father," Birkhead said. "It's been a long road and I'm just happy to have this behind me."

A crowd of about 250 people, many of them tourists, cheered from behind police barricades when Birkhead, clutching a piece of paper, announced the DNA test results. The court's DNA expert, Dr. Michael Baird, confirmed it.

"Essentially, he's the biological father," Baird said.

This tropical capital has been transfixed by the Anna Nicole saga since she moved here last year. Smith gave birth to Dannielynn in September, only to see her 20-year-old son Daniel die days later at her bedside from a lethal combination of drugs. Smith died in February at age 39 in Florida.

Many in the crowd took pictures of the impromptu news conference with cameras and cell phones. One man in the crowd wore a T-shirt emblazoned with the handwritten message: "I'm the baby's daddy."

Arthur, who had been estranged from Smith for years, said she wanted to be present in her granddaughter's life, but seemed appeased by the DNA results.

"I'm happy that Dannielynn will know who her real father is," she said.

The baby, whose full name is Dannielynn Hope Marshall Stern, could inherit millions from Marshall's estate. Smith, a former model, had been fighting the Texas oil tycoon's family over his estimated $500 million fortune since his death in 1995.

GrnBay007
04-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Sad thing is, in 5 years you will see the million dollar baby being raised by either a well paid nanny or a crack head step momma and probably seeing Daddy Birkhead once a month at most.

the_idle_threat
04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Even more sad ... it's no sure thing the baby will inherit anything at all. If baby millions becomes just baby, then how fast will Birkhead and Stern try to dump the kid on each other?

GBRulz
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I hope most of that money gets put into a trust where only the baby can touch it once she turns 21.

Kiwon
04-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Be careful what you wish for: He's the dad but how is the poor guy going to pay the 112-page $611,000 bill he got from his former lawyer Debra Opri?

Lawyers! :evil:

LL2
04-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I hope most of that money gets put into a trust where only the baby can touch it once she turns 21.

I agree. Who is Birkhead anyways? Is he an actor?

GBRulz
04-11-2007, 09:22 AM

I agree. Who is Birkhead anyways? Is he an actor?

He's a photographer. For who or what, I'm not sure. He met Anna at the Kentucky Derby. That's about all I know about him.

oregonpackfan
04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
He is the designated biological father. Has he been evaluated in his ability to parent? Parenting is so much more demanding than just being a "sperm donor."

Little Whiskey
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I was hoping it would turn out that it was niether of them. she was just out horing around one night.

I feel bad for the kid. if it weren't the the apparant million that she is worth. (i guess that is still up in the air) niether of the dudes would be fighting over her. especially after you see the pic of birkhead assuming the touchdown position and screaming "i told you so"!!!