PDA

View Full Version : Koren Robinson

4and12to12and4
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Just wondering. What is the status of Koren's suspension. Can he start this year, or does he have to sit out 4 games. Please clear this up for me. On the NFL Network they replayed the Packers/Rams game where we lost 23 to 20 and Koren looked very good in that game, getting open often, and showing great hands, and excellent quickness and juking ability after the catch. He could be a key ingredient to this year's receiver corps., so I want to know when he can play. Thanks.

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
He'll miss at least the first 2 or 3 games.

Rastak
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
He'll miss at least the first 2 or 3 games.

At minimum, my understanding is that he needs to apply to the league for reinstatement. The new commish is coming down hard on turds so it's not a done deal. That having been said, it he's clean he will probably get his final chance.

woodbuck27
04-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm really pulling for this fella to come through for us in 2007.

Hopefully the NFL gives him some final grace.

With activity the Packers have shown in FA RE:CB. I'm wondering if they may use Will Blackmon at WR?

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 02:16 PM
They might, but I think they need to focus on developing him as a corner to take over for one of the starters in a couple years.

woodbuck27
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
They might, but I think they need to focus on developing him as a corner to take over for one of the starters in a couple years.

That does make the best sense MJ.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Of course it does. That's why I said it. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Of course it does. That's why I said it. :mrgreen:

Your right 'of course' again. :)

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Does he have corner experience?

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 04:04 PM
He was drafted as a corner.

CaliforniaCheez
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
1) He is kicked out of the league.

2) There is no return date.

3) He may not even apply to be re-admitted to the league until he has been kicked out for at least one year.

4) Should he ever get re-admitted to the league, he would be the first substance abuser to be reinstated.

Just consider him gone.

GrnBay007
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
1) He is kicked out of the league.

2) There is no return date.

3) He may not even apply to be re-admitted to the league until he has been kicked out for at least one year.

4) Should he ever get re-admitted to the league, he would be the first substance abuser to be reinstated.

Just consider him gone.

Looks like your glass is 1/2 empty today :(

:wink:

motife
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
The Packers are confident Koren Robinson will be re-instated September 18th. And... Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, and even Brett Favre have been in contact with Koren all through his sentence so far.

Koren requested for his incarceration to occur in Green Bay, and has established permanent residence there.

Koren Robinson should be a dangerous kick returner and a Corey Bradford type long ball guy. I think he'll be a better long ball guy than Ashley Lelie, who's been touted for that.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Really, wow didn't know that. Good guy to have, hopefully he gets his act together.

VermontPackFan
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
He played running back in junior high as well. He might be the answer to ALL of our problems....

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Really, wow didn't know that. Good guy to have, hopefully he gets his act together.

I was talking about Blackmon...

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM

I was talking about Blackmon...

Oops sorry :oops:

privatepacker
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Think about this for a second...we line up w/ four receivers:
Donald Driver,
Greg Jennings,
Koren Robinson,
and finally Randy Moss
The problem will be Favre will take all day to decide who to throw the ball to. That would be the best receiver set in the NFL if Robinson was back at full strength. Heck we could do draws and screens all day and gain 10 yards a crack.

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Koren Robinson can't even starting working with the team until he is reinstated. At the very earliest he won't be able practice with the team until after week 5. He got suspended after week 5 last year. He got suspended for the year (which in the NFL's world is 16 regular season games). It will take him at least 2-3 weeks to get in game shape. Best case scenario, he's helping the team starting at midseason. Trying to get in game shape during the season sounds like an injury waiting to happen. I still don't know how anybody could think we can even remotely count on Robinson.

Partial
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM

Koren Robinson?

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Koren Robinson?

No, Will Blackmon. Try to keep up.

RashanGary
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm not exactly counting on Robinson like Paris Hilton is counting on her next outbreak of herpes.

The guy is in JAIL. How good of condition do you think he's in? I am VERY doubtfull that he comes back. I'm more confident in Holliday and Martin right now than I am in Robinson.

1st round picks flame out of hte league all the time. Let's not get caught up on where he was drafted. He has been a complete loser and is likely to continue the trend that has thus far never been broken.

Farley Face
04-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I still don't know how anybody could think we can even remotely count on Robinson.

Agreed. I live in Seattle and fans up here gave up on him 2 DUIs ago. Lets move on...

Farley Face
04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm more confident in Holliday and Martin right now than I am in Robinson.

What is your take on Bodiford?

woodbuck27
04-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I still don't know how anybody could think we can even remotely count on Robinson.

Agreed. I live in Seattle and fans up here gave up on him 2 DUIs ago. Lets move on...

It appears to me that TT made a certain offer of committment to Koren Robinson. That will come to some fruition in 2007 for the Packers.

Rastak
04-14-2007, 06:58 PM

It appears to me that TT made a certain offer of committment to Koren Robinson. That will come to some fruition in 2007 for the Packers.

Giving a commitment to Koren Robinson is all well and good, it's his LACK OF RECIPRICATION that's that's the problem.....I offer his previous two teams as conclusive evidence.