PDA

View Full Version : NEW NFL schedule announced at Noon Central

digitaldean
04-11-2007, 11:16 AM
From KFFL.com

NFL | League to release schedule Wednesday
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:08:04 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the National Football League will release the schedule for the 2007 season Wednesday, April 11, at 1:00 p.m. EST.

MadtownPacker
04-11-2007, 11:23 AM
The PackerRats poster game will also be annouced as soon as the sched is release.

Freak Out
04-11-2007, 11:58 AM
My nipples have hardened in anticipation.

retailguy
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
My nipples have hardened in anticipation.

:roll:

digitaldean
04-11-2007, 12:05 PM
2007 Green Bay Packers schedule

Sunday, Sept. 9 — Philadelphia, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Sept. 16 — at New York Giants, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Sept. 23 — San Diego, noon (CBS)*
Sunday, Sept. 30 — at Minnesota, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Oct. 7 — Chicago, 7:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 14 — Washington, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Oct. 21 — Bye week
Monday, Oct. 29 — at Denver, 7:30 p.m.. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 4 — at Kansas City, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 11 — Minnesota, noon (Fox)*
Sunday, Nov. 18 — Carolina, noon (Fox)
Thursday, Nov. 22 — at Detroit, 11:30 a.m. (Fox)
Thursday, Nov. 29 — at Dallas, 7:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 9 — Oakland, noon (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 16 — at St. Louis, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 23 — at Chicago, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 30 — Detroit, noon (Fox)
* — Gold ticket package

retailguy
04-11-2007, 12:07 PM
wow! That's a TOUGH OPENING schedule.

Holy crap.

FavreChild
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Thank you, DD!! 8-)

I have class in 5 minutes - now I can ponder the schedule for three whole hours!!

lod01
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Tough start but what a sweet candyass finish. Only Chicago should be a game.

Green Bud Packer
04-11-2007, 12:11 PM
i'll be at the san diego game. awesome. now lets get ready to kick some eagle ass.

BlueBrewer
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
@ KC and @Denver........ouch!!!

gbpackfan
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
We're going to find out how good this team is right away. I think we can beat the Eagles and Giants, it will be tough, but they can be won. The Chargers, we'll they are a damn good team. The Vikings have a young QB who is raw with a capital R. As for the Bears, who the hell knows!

lod01
04-11-2007, 12:16 PM
@ KC and @Denver........ouch!!!

KC blows. They are a one dimensional running team now that herminator has had a couple years to dismantle the passing game. Easy win.

BlueBrewer
Sunday, Sept. 9 — Philadelphia, noon (Fox) L

Sunday, Sept. 16 — at New York Giants, noon (Fox) L

Sunday, Sept. 23 — San Diego, noon (CBS)* L

Sunday, Sept. 30 — at Minnesota, noon (Fox) L

Sunday, Oct. 7 — Chicago, 7:15 p.m. (NBC) L

Sunday, Oct. 14 — Washington, noon (Fox) W

Monday, Oct. 29 — at Denver, 7:30 p.m.. (ESPN) L

Sunday, Nov. 4 — at Kansas City, noon (Fox) L

Sunday, Nov. 11 — Minnesota, noon (Fox)* W

Sunday, Nov. 18 — Carolina, noon (Fox) L

Thursday, Nov. 22 — at Detroit, 11:30 a.m. (Fox) W

Thursday, Nov. 29 — at Dallas, 7:15 p.m. (NFL Network) L

Sunday, Dec. 9 — Oakland, noon (CBS) W

Sunday, Dec. 16 — at St. Louis, noon (Fox) L

Sunday, Dec. 23 — at Chicago, noon (Fox) L

Sunday, Dec. 30 — Detroit, noon (Fox) W

5-11

boy I hope you are wrong. my guess is 8-8 again

ND72

Holy crap.

I personally think the entire schedule is a beast.

lod01
04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
L Sunday, Sept. 9 — Philadelphia, noon (Fox)
W Sunday, Sept. 16 — at New York Giants, noon (Fox)
L Sunday, Sept. 23 — San Diego, noon (CBS)*
W Sunday, Sept. 30 — at Minnesota, noon (Fox)
L Sunday, Oct. 7 — Chicago, 7:15 p.m. (NBC)
W Sunday, Oct. 14 — Washington, noon (Fox)
L Monday, Oct. 29 — at Denver, 7:30 p.m.. (ESPN)
W Sunday, Nov. 4 — at Kansas City, noon (Fox)
W Sunday, Nov. 11 — Minnesota, noon (Fox)*
W (guaranteed if Car is QB) Sunday, Nov. 18 — Carolina, noon (Fox)
W Thursday, Nov. 22 — at Detroit, 11:30 a.m. (Fox)
W Thursday, Nov. 29 — at Dallas, 7:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
W Sunday, Dec. 9 — Oakland, noon (CBS)
W Sunday, Dec. 16 — at St. Louis, noon (Fox)
L Sunday, Dec. 23 — at Chicago, noon (Fox)
W Sunday, Dec. 30 — Detroit, noon (Fox)

11-5 however, upset the bears once and 12-4 and the division title.

Green Bud Packer
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM
it helps having detroit and the queens twice and oakland at home.the lions on thanksgiving hurts but if the pack wants to play post season those are the games they must win. 10 - 6

lod01
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
It is unfortunate that the biggest candyass teams are at home: Wash, Oak. while the better teams like Stl and Dal are away. Favre takes us to victory either way.

Packnut
04-11-2007, 12:23 PM
That schedule is brutal. An 8-8 season would be an accomplishment.

gbpackfan
The Eagles, by some miracle, made it to 10-6 last year. I think this is a GREAT game to see where the Packers are at. The Eagles aren't great, but they are good. If the Packers are going to take the next step, they'll have to beat the Eagles. We're due! I'm damn excited!!!!

Merlin
I have waited a long time for Philly to come back to Lambeau. I think we take em and gain back our home field advantage.

MadtownPacker
04-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Agreed, the eagles fall and the Pack starts the season off right!!

retailguy
04-11-2007, 12:26 PM

Holy crap.

I personally think the entire schedule is a beast.

Agreed, and I've been saying that for months too.

gbpackfan
04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
It looks tough now but A LOT can happen between now and Sept. 9. Although it's fun, you can NOT predict W-L records in April. With camp and preseason comes INJURIES.

wist43
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Looks like they have a good shot at going 0-3, maybe even 0-4 to start the season... Pretty easy finish though.

@ Den, and @ KC in back to back weeks is an automatic 0-2.

I can see 8-8 out of that schedule though... pass the Kool-Aid!!! :roll:

retailguy
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
It looks tough now but A LOT can happen between now and Sept. 9. Although it's fun, you can NOT predict W-L records in April. With camp and preseason comes INJURIES.

If we have to hope and rely that someone gets hurt, we're in for a long year. first six weeks are really tough.

Yikes.

wist43
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Kinda surprised they got a Monday nighter - and the T-giving day game to boot.

Favre factor I guess.

Brando19
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Wow...starting off vs the Eagles. We have to finally beat these guys! That would make it soooo sweet. KC will be tough. I don't care how sucky their team is....it's always tough to play in KC. Tough schedule all around.

gbpackfan
04-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm shocked at all the negative thoughts. Each year brings new surprises.

D. McNabb is trying to recover from a torn ACL that occured in Nov. of 2006.

The Giants aren't all that. They can implode at any time. Eli Manning is the most over-rated player in the league. Well, close at least.

The Chargers will be tough.

I know we are going up to Minnie but their QB is horrible and they have no WRs.

I may be viewing these games through green and gold glasses but I just don't think the Pack will go 0-4 to start. I'm thinking 2-2 is WAY more likely. We'll see though.

Packnut
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM

The Giants aren't all that. They can implode at any time. Eli Manning is the most over-rated player in the league. Well, close at least.

I may be viewing these games through green and gold glasses but I just don't think the Pack will go 0-4 to start. I'm thinking 2-2 is WAY more likely. We'll see though.

I think negative is just another word for realistic. We've all got our hopes up that this draft will somehow fix all our problems, but the reality is very few rookies have an impact in their first year. This team as it stands right now with this schedule will be hard pressed to go .500.

Miracles do happen though. IF Underwood comes back and takes over for Manuel. IF our D line plays up to their potential. IF the o-line gels quicker than usual. IF Jennings plays like he did the first quarter of the season. IF Hawk takes the next big step. IF someone teaches pass coverage to Popp. IF the old Bubba returns..........

Brando19
04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
IF we have a better special teams...
IF our running game doesn't go all to hell...
IF Brett makes good decisions...

bigcoz75
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I like it no 3pm games. It's noon or national.

retailguy
04-11-2007, 02:10 PM
If we catch lightning in a bottle, this team could be special...

If we don't...... <sigh>

too many darn if's. Freaks me out. :wink:

swede
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
If the queen had balls she'd be the king.

mmmdk
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I like this upcoming season and I like the schedule...why? There'll be no cupcake games; that'll truely show where Packers rank in the NFL - Packers can't hide. TT believes in his young guys and think they can....hey wait, what does TT expect anyways?
Well, under normal circumstances I'd say Packers should be in the running for a playoff spot but I don't see playmakers enough to make such a bold prediction. It looks like 7-9 at best but it's still april and a draft could change that...and if , somehow, Packers got hold of a FA playmaker - any position for that matter.

packers11
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Hope the packers don't come out like last season opener... that was one of the longest games of my life :(

I HATE THE EAGLES... THE PACKERS NEED TO BEAT THEM... COME ON!!!

FavreChild
04-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Exactly what were our cupcake games last year?? You mean like New Orleans at home??

Exactly how many home games did we win last year??

It all doesn't mean much right now.

We are going to have some surprise wins and some tough losses. According to strength of schedule predictors, we have it easier than most. Favre is coming back. Only three and a half months until training camp.

Hard to complain too much.

Brando19
04-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Hope the packers don't come out like last season opener... that was one of the longest games of my life :(

Yeah and that opener was my first game at Lambeau. :cry:

BallHawk
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I like this upcoming season and I like the schedule...why? There'll be no cupcake games.

If the Raiders and Lions aren't cupcake games then what are?

GrnBay007
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM

2nd one going to be the Packer/Bear posters game? :P

Brando19
04-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Unfortunately not. :( I'm getting married in August and I won't be able to afford it or get the time off work.

Packers4Ever
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Kinda surprised they got a Monday nighter - and the T-giving day game to boot.

Favre factor I guess.

---------------------------------------
I think the Thanksgiving Day game with the
Lions is a tradition that started long before Favre
came to us.
I expected 1, maybe 2, Monday Night
Games this year, we'll see what 2008 brings.

10-6, I think that's a respectable
upgrade from 2006.

Packers4Ever
04-11-2007, 04:45 PM

-----------------------------------------------
I thought we're looking pretty good here, agree with 2-2, lots of
positive comments and the glasses mostly seemed 1/2 full to me !!
Our Forum is so refreshing to come back to after viewing mail
from a LOT of really distressed, ornery people! :)

mmmdk
04-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Exactly what were our cupcake games last year?? You mean like New Orleans at home??

Exactly how many home games did we win last year??

It all doesn't mean much right now.

We are going to have some surprise wins and some tough losses. According to strength of schedule predictors, we have it easier than most. Favre is coming back. Only three and a half months until training camp.

Hard to complain too much.

...you really know how to pick'em!? Not! I said cupcake games, yes, Rams, Cards at home & Bills, 49ers then add lions & Vikings. You won't find 8 games, this upcoming season, where Packers have good odds at winning.
Actually, Saints at home was a 9th winable game from last season; Saints were barely with an true identity in week 3. Packers had'em but let them get away.

It doesn't matter if you're a good/great team - you'll then win more than lose. I hope Packers will be great but there's too much if and maybe about the Pack. Maybe Bubba will be a "killer" in the redzone - I think that could go both ways. Sure, Favre is back, but is anyone banking on Favre being a savior? Favre knows it's a team sport and you need playmakers, Favre ain't dumb, but banking on 1 QB coming back is the dumbest thing written in weeks.

gbpackfan
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM

I think negative is just another word for realistic. We've all got our hopes up that this draft will somehow fix all our problems, but the reality is very few rookies have an impact in their first year. This team as it stands right now with this schedule will be hard pressed to go .500.

Miracles do happen though. IF Underwood comes back and takes over for Manuel. IF our D line plays up to their potential. IF the o-line gels quicker than usual. IF Jennings plays like he did the first quarter of the season. IF Hawk takes the next big step. IF someone teaches pass coverage to Popp. IF the old Bubba returns..........

Sorry buddy, but I just don't buy that. Some fans believe that they can preach all the doom and gloom they want and diguse their negative attitudes by calling it "realistic." But the second someone says something positive or views the situation differenty, like in this case, that poster is accused of drinking the green and gold kool aid. It's just a way for people who thrive on negativity to feel comportable in their own skin. This comment isnt directed at you. Although I disagree with your realistic comment, I havent found you to be an overall doom and gloom poster. But some are, I am sure you know the type.

All I read and heard last offseason is how the Packers would be lucky to go 4-12 again. Now it seems to be starting up again.

By my signature, you can tell I'm not pleased with the past two seasons. But I want TT to build a championship team around FAVRE. I'm not happy with 9-7 and 10-6. I want 13-3, 14-2 and up! Even with the lack of FA moves, I believe it is REALISTIC for the Packers to once again be 8-8, if not improve to 9-7 or 10-6. Sorry, but there is too much offseason to predict any record or to say they will be hard pressed to go .500.

But that's the best thing about the NFL. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! And any given year a team can rise and a team can fall.

oregonpackfan
04-11-2007, 05:35 PM

Unfortunately not. :( I'm getting married in August and I won't be able to afford it or get the time off work.

Can't make it to the Packer/Bears PR game because of your wedding!? Simple, just postpone or cancel the wedding!

C'mon guy, get your life's priorities in order. :)

CaliforniaCheez
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Let's ponder this:

Week:

1) Reid is a better coach and the Packers have not done well at home recently.

2) The Giants will be coming a national television opening against division rival Dallas. They may let down. (+)

3) San Diego opens against Chicago and then flys to New England before flying to the Packers for the second road game in a row. (+)

4) The vikings return home for their biggest game of the year after being embarassed at Arrowhead. Two road games prior for the queens. (-)

5) The Bears come to Lambeau for a Sunday night game after a game in Detroit. They play Cowboys prior to Lions.

6) The Redskins have a bye week and the Lions before this Lambeau game.

8) MNF at Safeco Field. The Packers are coming off a bye week while the Bronceos were at home against the Steelers the week prior. (+)

9) The Chiefs have a bye week and watch the Packers on MNF the week prior. 2nd consecutive road game for the Pack and short week for the Pack. Double minus (- -).

10) The Packers regroup at home for the queens who are coming off a game against San Diego and Philly the week before that. (+)

11) The Packers remain at home against the Panthers who are coming of a divisional game against Atlanta.

12) Short week traveling for Thanksgiving. Early Eastern time zone game. (-)

13) Thursday NFL network game against Dallas. The cowpies have the short week but don't travel as they were at home against the Jets the prior Sunday. Second consecutive road game on turf.

14) Oakland travels to Green Bay after two divisional games(@KC, Den) they are prime for a let down as they know by know the playoffs are out of reach. (+)

15) The Rams are at home after travelling to Cincinnati. Turf game.

16) The Bears after 2 games on the road against the Redskins and queens return home for this game.

17) Detroit goes outside in the cold and give want they can for their final game of the season. (+) The Packers are playing for a playoff spot.

So the Packers are catching San Diego at a good time and Kansas City at a bad time. Many other factors like injuries and player developement come into play but these are just a few initial impressions.

MJZiggy
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM

It'll be my first. Come on, Grossman....play like you played us the last game last season!

FavreChild
04-11-2007, 06:09 PM
...you really know how to pick'em!? Not! I said cupcake games, yes, Rams, Cards at home & Bills, 49ers then add lions & Vikings. You won't find 8 games, this upcoming season, where Packers have good odds at winning.
Actually, Saints at home was a 9th winable game from last season; Saints were barely with an true identity in week 3. Packers had'em but let them get away.

It doesn't matter if you're a good/great team - you'll then win more than lose. I hope Packers will be great but there's too much if and maybe about the Pack. Maybe Bubba will be a "killer" in the redzone - I think that could go both ways. Sure, Favre is back, but is anyone banking on Favre being a savior? Favre knows it's a team sport and you need playmakers, Favre ain't dumb, but banking on 1 QB coming back is the dumbest thing written in weeks.

You totally miss the point.

No one is "banking" on Favre.

No one knows who is going to be a good or bad team yet, nor what might be an easy win or "no chance" game.

Thus, there is no point complaining about the schedule.

Complain about TT instead, if you insist on having something to complain about on an NFL-dominated news day.

And thanks for reminding me why I seldom post anymore, btw.

gbgary
04-11-2007, 06:14 PM
6-10 and a good draft pick. yeah baby!!

Scott Campbell
04-11-2007, 06:50 PM
It'll be my first. Come on, Grossman....play like you played us the last game last season!

Regular season, or playoffs? Though there wasn't much difference!!!! :lol:

Lucky you.

Scott Campbell
04-11-2007, 06:52 PM

Can't make it to the Packer/Bears PR game because of your wedding!? Simple, just postpone or cancel the wedding!

OPF makes a great point here. You want to be sure and test the staying power of your sacred union. So going to this game will serve 2 very important purposes.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:58 PM
8-8 is my prediction

Brando19
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM

OPF makes a great point here. You want to be sure and test the staying power of your sacred union. So going to this game will serve 2 very important purposes.

LoL...the game will be a while after my wedding...but I won't be able to afford it. I live in WV which isn't very close to Wisconsin. Maybe next year?

Packnut
04-11-2007, 09:46 PM
[quote=gbpackfan]I'm shocked at all the negative thoughts. Each year brings new surprises.

Miracles do happen though. IF Underwood comes back and takes over for Manuel. IF our D line plays up to their potential. IF the o-line gels quicker than usual. IF Jennings plays like he did the first quarter of the season. IF Hawk takes the next big step. IF someone teaches pass coverage to Popp. IF the old Bubba returns..........[/q

Sorry buddy, but I just don't buy that. Some fans believe that they can preach all the doom and gloom they want and diguse their negative attitudes by calling it "realistic." But the second someone says something positive or views the situation differenty, like in this case, that poster is accused of drinking the green and gold kool aid. It's just a way for people who thrive on negativity to feel comportable in their own skin. This comment isnt directed at you. Although I disagree with your realistic comment, I havent found you to be an overall doom and gloom poster. But some are, I am sure you know the type.

All I read and heard last offseason is how the Packers would be lucky to go 4-12 again. Now it seems to be starting up again.

By my signature, you can tell I'm not pleased with the past two seasons. But I want TT to build a championship team around FAVRE. I'm not happy with 9-7 and 10-6. I want 13-3, 14-2 and up! Even with the lack of FA moves, I believe it is REALISTIC for the Packers to once again be 8-8, if not improve to 9-7 or 10-6. Sorry, but there is too much offseason to predict any record or to say they will be hard pressed to go .500.

But that's the best thing about the NFL. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! And any given year a team can rise and a team can fall.

Hey, if it was'nt for the games against the Jets and Pats, I'd be right along with you drinking that kool-aid. However, we just did'nt lose those 2 games, we were thoroughly dominated in every phase of the game. When-ever I let myself get carried away with what might be, I remember those 2 games and reality sets in. Still, anything can happen and injuries have a way of leveling the playing field. There's always hope............

MadtownPacker
04-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Sure, Favre is back, but is anyone banking on Favre being a savior? Favre knows it's a team sport and you need playmakers, Favre ain't dumb, but banking on 1 QB coming back is the dumbest thing written in weeks.
The Packers have been banking on Favre for close to two decades in an era when teams want to win now and may not give a QB second or third chances. Yet there he is making plays and throwing TDs everty Sunday.

How can you NOT bank on him?

Partial
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
That is an absolute brutal schedule. 5-11 is generous. They aren't going to be able to win in Denver and KC, especially back to back. Those are two of the toughest places to play.

The Chargers are just too good.

It will be a battle. Lots of tough games.

Benefit is we will be right at the top for the Darren McFadden contest.

OS PA
04-12-2007, 12:49 AM
That is an absolute brutal schedule. 5-11 is generous. They aren't going to be able to win in Denver and KC, especially back to back. Those are two of the toughest places to play.

Hopefully we won't need to be in that running. I have a whimper of a hope that we'll be able to get a surprise of a back this year.

mmmdk
04-12-2007, 01:56 AM

You totally miss the point.

No one is "banking" on Favre.

No one knows who is going to be a good or bad team yet, nor what might be an easy win or "no chance" game.

Thus, there is no point complaining about the schedule.

Complain about TT instead, if you insist on having something to complain about on an NFL-dominated news day.

And thanks for reminding me why I seldom post anymore, btw.

I didn't miss your point; your point was good as it's only april and we're not playing yet, the draft and so on. But you slipped that "Favre is coming back" note; Favre is still good but it's a team sport and Packers are immensely depleted on offense. I rank the Packer 2007 offense with the late 80'ties Packer offenses...from 1986-88! Favre & DD cannot carry this offense no more. There's another factor though that has to be considered; is the Packers D for real? If so, that would aid the crappy Packer offense (sans Favre, DD, 60% of O-line and perhaps GJ). No RB, FB, TE and backup C or OT. The WRs are iffy sans DD and perhaps GJ. In my book GJ is only a good #3 WR and a lesser #2 WR. A lot of holes but the point still is: it's still april and Packer must have a bonifide draft - they gotta.

FavreChild, sorry if I bugged you as it was not my intent. I have rarely conversed with you so it must be the general tone you are referring to at PR? Well, you won't get in trouble with me 'cos I consider your input an asset to PR. Hence I can and will do better, starting from now, I take your miffedness to heart and thank you for reminding me that being congruous and civil is more rewarding.

mmmdk
04-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Sure, Favre is back, but is anyone banking on Favre being a savior? Favre knows it's a team sport and you need playmakers, Favre ain't dumb, but banking on 1 QB coming back is the dumbest thing written in weeks.
The Packers have been banking on Favre for close to two decades in an era when teams want to win now and may not give a QB second or third chances. Yet there he is making plays and throwing TDs everty Sunday.

How can you NOT bank on him?

I do, I do - as part of the team! :mrgreen:

retailguy
04-12-2007, 08:13 AM

But, Wait! Isn't Morency going to run for 1,800 yards? 5-11? If he does that, shouldn't we be at least 6-10? :wink:

Sadly, I agree with you, schedule looks tough today. Will be interesting to see what it looks like in September. Right now, we don't match up very well against some of the opposing defenses we'll be facing. Admittedly, that's on paper, so we'll see. I'll be there each week, regardless.

MadtownPacker
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
2007 Green Bay Packers schedule

Sunday, Sept. 9 — Philadelphia, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Sept. 16 — at New York Giants, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Sept. 23 — San Diego, noon (CBS)*
Sunday, Sept. 30 — at Minnesota, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Oct. 7 — Chicago, 7:15 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 14 — Washington, noon (Fox)
Monday, Oct. 29 — at Denver, 7:30 p.m.. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 4 — at Kansas City, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Nov. 11 — Minnesota, noon (Fox)*
Sunday, Nov. 18 — Carolina, noon (Fox)
Thursday, Nov. 22 — at Detroit, 11:30 a.m. (Fox)
Thursday, Nov. 29 — at Dallas, 7:15 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 9 — Oakland, noon (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 16 — at St. Louis, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 23 — at Chicago, noon (Fox)
Sunday, Dec. 30 — Detroit, noon (Fox)
* — Gold ticket packageI have to say that this sched aint bad at all. I can see the eagle monkey off with a victory in week one and maybe even being 4-0 when they meet the bears. Though 3-1 seems more likely and 4-2 at the bye week. The 6 weeks after that will be tough but the last four games could see them finishing off with four wins in a row just like last season. The second Thursday game at Dallas is almost like having a extra bye week which woudl have them fresh for the last month.

10-6 for sure. Upgrade the O and 11-12 wins is possible. Either way I say a playoff run is likely.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Finally, someone agrees with the 10-6 I've been saying for months. Maybe the rest of you need to find out what flavor kool-aid he's drinking!

retailguy
04-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Finally, someone agrees with the 10-6 I've been saying for months. Maybe the rest of you need to find out what flavor kool-aid he's drinking!

whatever flavor it is, I can assure you, there is no shortage of Tequila!

Pass me some, MadTown, I really need it. :D

MadtownPacker
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM

Sorry buddy, we would need a whole truck to koolify you. :P

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM

I'll pay for the truck rental if you got the kool-aid. :whist:

woodbuck27
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Right now I'd estimate that at the best, the Packers will be at even odds or the favourite in only 7 of 16 games.

We will certainly be able at assess the team's strengths and weakness's after the two games on the road in Denver and KC.

Overall this is a brutal schedule. :roll:

mraynrand
04-12-2007, 03:43 PM
As things stand, the Packer should be able to beat Minnesota, Washington, Carolina, Oakland, and Detroit at home. I don't see them winning at all on the road. 6 wins would be outstanding for a team that has only one blue player on offense (Driver). This is a prediction for the team AS IT STANDS. Favre or no Favre, the Packers have jack squat on offense. If they don't pick up instant contributors in the draft and or 1-2 FAs (none available?) they'll struggle to score all year long.

motife
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I've studied the Packers schedule carefully.. and weighing the odds, doing a probability calculation on each game based on last year, and home/away odds...

My prediction is...

16-0

CaliforniaCheez
04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Wow!

I did not think I was this ignored here.

Did no one read my point about catching San Diego at the right time of season?? Most of Marty's staff left before he was fired. The Packers are playing them early and after some very tough games!!

Did no one look at the factors that make the Chiefs game tougher than it appears??

Why don't you look at the other team's schedule and think about when they are facing the Packers?

Please go back and look at my post regarding 2 consecutive road games on turf.

It is too early to argue over strength of teams when the draft and injuries are yet to come.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
You aren't this ignored here...we're all just trying to make arrangements for the PR posters game... :cow:

Guiness
04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
No, you're not being ignored - just taking me a while to formulate a response. Had to do some looking and considering myself before replying...

Let's ponder this:

Week:

1) Reid is a better coach and the Packers have not done well at home recently.

Still, this is a winnable game, as a couple of posters have pointed out. Eagles are good, but not that strong. I think this is potentially a (+) game for the Pack, but everything depends on how McNabb looks through camp.

2) The Giants will be coming a national television opening against division rival Dallas. They may let down. (+)

3) San Diego opens against Chicago and then flys to New England before flying to the Packers for the second road game in a row. (+)

I agree that this is probably SD's most vulnerable time all season, but I'm still not sure we have the horses. Anything is possible, of course, but I just don't see it.

4) The vikings return home for their biggest game of the year after being embarassed at Arrowhead. Two road games prior for the queens. (-)

Bah. Always winnable. Sharper gets torched for a couple again. :D :)
(Hiya Golf and Ras!)

5) The Bears come to Lambeau for a Sunday night game after a game in Detroit. They play Cowboys prior to Lions.

6) The Redskins have a bye week and the Lions before this Lambeau game.

These circumstances make this a (-). They'll be well rested, and probably on a high from beating the Lions. They've also got Arizona the next week, so they won't be looking past us.

BTW I think the 'skins have a damn nice schedule.

8) MNF at Safeco Field. The Packers are coming off a bye week while the Bronceos were at home against the Steelers the week prior. (+)

Those circumstances give us some help. But being Monday night, the Broncos also have an extra day to recover from a tough game. Some of the rookies will be playing in their first high altitude game - that's tough. I would have concerns about the OL being winded late in the game. Mile High is a tough place to play.

This game is even, at best.

9) The Chiefs have a bye week and watch the Packers on MNF the week prior. 2nd consecutive road game for the Pack and short week for the Pack. Double minus (- -).

10) The Packers regroup at home for the queens who are coming off a game against San Diego and Philly the week before that. (+)

11) The Packers remain at home against the Panthers who are coming of a divisional game against Atlanta.

12) Short week traveling for Thanksgiving. Early Eastern time zone game. (-)

13) Thursday NFL network game against Dallas. The cowpies have the short week but don't travel as they were at home against the Jets the prior Sunday. Second consecutive road game on turf.

I assume you mean the second turf game to be a (-), right?
This will be a tough game as well.

14) Oakland travels to Green Bay after two divisional games(@KC, Den) they are prime for a let down as they know by know the playoffs are out of reach. (+)

15) The Rams are at home after travelling to Cincinnati. Turf game.

Warm weather team at Lambeau in December. Automatic (+) for us.

16) The Bears after 2 games on the road against the Redskins and queens return home for this game.

17) Detroit goes outside in the cold and give want they can for their final game of the season. (+) The Packers are playing for a playoff spot.

These last four games will be the tale of the tape. We could go .500 to this point, and reel off four wins to get into the playoffs. Will we be strong enough against Chicago? Can we avoid a let down against Oakland or St-Louis?

So the Packers are catching San Diego at a good time and Kansas City at a bad time. Many other factors like injuries and player developement come into play but these are just a few initial impressions.

BooHoo
04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow, what a schedule. We just might be 2-4 going into the bye week. Some more wins later in the season will help us from picking in the top five in next year's draft. Sorry, but I see 7-9 or 8-8 this year. Where can I get some of that kool-aid everyone has been talking about? Is there a 1-800 number or a website? :)

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Wow, what a schedule. We just might be 2-4 going into the bye week. Some more wins later in the season will help us from picking in the top five in next year's draft. Sorry, but I see 7-9 or 8-8 this year. Where can I get some of that kool-aid everyone has been talking about? Is there a 1-800 number or a website? :)

http://www.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/

BooHoo
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Zig! I will try some out and see if my prediction changes. :lol:

retailguy
04-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I've studied the Packers schedule carefully.. and weighing the odds, doing a probability calculation on each game based on last year, and home/away odds...

My prediction is...

16-0

Tex? Is it you buddy? :wink:

retailguy
04-12-2007, 07:28 PM
If they don't pick up instant contributors in the draft and or 1-2 FAs (none available?) they'll struggle to score all year long.

Isn't that kinda what happened last year, when we had <ahem> contributors on offense? :P

Could be a very long season. Who is going to run the damn ball?

Is Keyshawn available?

retailguy
04-12-2007, 07:30 PM

I seem to have lost my subscription to "kool-aid" monthly. Where the hell is SOV when you need him? :wink:

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
We need to change your rat name... :P

motife
04-12-2007, 08:03 PM

My prediction is...

16-0

Tex? Is it you buddy? :wink:

I never approach a Packer game thinking "we're going to lose".

There isn't a team in the NFL that is THAT good.

Indianapolis and New England are the most consistent, but nobody else scares me. And even they don't.

retailguy
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
We need to change your rat name... :P

I paid madtown 3 years of hosting for that rat name.... Keep your mitts off of it! :P

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 08:43 PM
:lol: :lol:

mraynrand
04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
If they don't pick up instant contributors in the draft and or 1-2 FAs (none available?) they'll struggle to score all year long.

Isn't that kinda what happened last year, when we had <ahem> contributors on offense? :P

Could be a very long season. Who is going to run the damn ball?

Is Keyshawn available?

Who is going to do anything on offense? Last year, the offense clicked just a bit and then totally tanked after the Minnesota game. Why? Well, they lost David Martin and that just killed their options on offense. I guess Jennings getting dinged up didn't help, but he's going to be a possession guy with perhaps some YAC advantages. Tauscher getting hurt and Favre dinging the groin (no comments) cost them dearly. The point being that they barely functioned on O last year and right now they have less than they had last year at their lowest, except perhaps for a better more seasoned O-line. Without any serious changes, their offense looks to be absolutely dismal this year.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
(no comments)

Damn...!

BooHoo
04-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Okay, I took a sip of kool-aide (stawberry I think) and I am still about 8-8. Is there a standard on how much of this stuff one is suppose to drink?

Fritz
04-14-2007, 10:12 AM
How can anyone really predict anything? Nobody's seen the second year guys in training camp to know if they've improved, nobody knows about injuries, and no one knows about the impact of the draft or new pickups that might help. Knowing the schedule doesn't seem to mean much, to me at least. E#very year people go through the schedule and say "this one should be a win, this one should be a loss," but nobody really knows. No harm in those predictions, but let's acknowledge that there's not much point in getting too steamed over who's right, since no one knows.

Could be 6- 10. Could be 10 - 6. But I'll be rooting for the Pack like crazy, like always.

BooHoo
04-14-2007, 10:19 AM
How can anyone really predict anything? Nobody's seen the second year guys in training camp to know if they've improved, nobody knows about injuries, and no one knows about the impact of the draft or new pickups that might help. Knowing the schedule doesn't seem to mean much, to me at least. E#very year people go through the schedule and say "this one should be a win, this one should be a loss," but nobody really knows. No harm in those predictions, but let's acknowledge that there's not much point in getting too steamed over who's right, since no one knows.

Could be 6- 10. Could be 10 - 6. But I'll be rooting for the Pack like crazy, like always.

Fritz, well said. We will know the record - following the season. Otherwise, yes, it is a crap shoot.

packers11
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Who else thinks the match of the year is....

WEEK 1 : Oakland vs Detroit...

Someone is going to start off 1-0!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fritz
04-14-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm going to go with the Lions on this one, just because they have a history of winning a few early and getting the fans all pumped. It's hilarious to hear the fans - heck, and the players - after one win, talking about "making a run." It happened after the Lions beat Atlanta, I think, last year. Everybody got jacked, and started talking about how the next week's game against the Niners ought to be an easy "W" for Detroit. They, of course, tanked, and the players admitted that they'd been looking ahead to the next game. How does a 2 - 6 team overlook anyone? Doh!

Tarlam!
11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I dug up this little nugget. We're all on record here!!!

BTW: WTF happened to FC??

esoxx
11-01-2007, 05:46 PM
It's mmmdk's fault.

Merlin
11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Meh, I only said I thought we could take the Iggles and we did. Other then that, I was quiet, in this particular thread. I am sure I ate some crow in another!

BallHawk
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I like this upcoming season and I like the schedule...why? There'll be no cupcake games.

If Lions aren't cupcake games then what is?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

FavreChild
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
You rang??

8-)

MJZiggy
11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey Woman? Where the HELL you been?

mmmdk
11-01-2007, 08:49 PM
It's mmmdk's fault.

I agree...what is? :shock:

MadtownPacker
11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
You rang??

8-)Yes in fact I did chica, now put your apron on and bring me and my homiez some drinks and snacks!!! :twisted:

:lol: What happened to you? Your man wont let you post anymore? :lol:

esoxx
11-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I think she ran off with Murphy.

That would explain a lot of things. :lol:

FavreChild
11-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I have been doing the good work of PackerRats.com out in the community.

In other words, I have been busy indoctrinating young Pennsylvania college students with the truth that the Eagles suck.

I still read the forum almost every day and make fun of all the dumb things y'all say.

Especially Bretsky.

:taunt:

KYPack
11-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Bumpin' them old threads can really make you look like a goof.

FC, great to see you back lady, post more, you're and original member of the ferocious Packer Gurlzz.