PDA

View Full Version : NFL Suspensions. Who's next?

GrnBay007
04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
NFL suspensions: Who's next?

If you're a Chicago Bears fan, the lengthy suspensions for Pacman Jones and Chris Henry make you ask one question: What about Tank? As in defensive tackle Tank Johnson, who played in the Super Bowl but had a 120-day sentence for a weapons-related probation violation waiting for him upon his return.

The Chicago Sun-Times, citing an unnamed league source, pegs Johnson's likely suspension somewhere in the same range as Henry's (half the season) or Jones' (all of it).

Chicago Tribune: "Johnson has had several arrests over the last two years in addition to being sentenced to jail time for violating his probation from a 2005 weapons charge. Whether the fact that Johnson's cases have been misdemeanors will work in his favor with the commissioner remains to play out."

Merlin
04-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I suspect that Robinson won't get re-instated. Goodell seems like kind of a hardass in that respect. The crack down should have happened many years ago. Now they have to make examples out of players and who better then someone Green Bay has the rights to?

MJZiggy
04-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I had almost forgotten about Tank...This could get interesting.

Scott Campbell
04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
I had almost forgotten about Tank...This could get interesting.

He won't get suspended until after he's released from jail. The commish needs to meet with him and hear Tank's side of the story before handing down the punishment.

ND72
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I suspect that Robinson won't get re-instated. Goodell seems like kind of a hardass in that respect. The crack down should have happened many years ago. Now they have to make examples out of players and who better then someone Green Bay has the rights to?

Eh...I think the Ricky Williams deal will be a tell tale sign. Robinson has been suspended for substance abuse...not guns, and major arrests (While I do think DUI's are major, in comparison to the rest of the arrests, it's rather weak).

Merlin
04-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Eh...I think the Ricky Williams deal will be a tell tale sign. Robinson has been suspended for substance abuse...not guns, and major arrests (While I do think DUI's are major, in comparison to the rest of the arrests, it's rather weak).

Ricky? If he's clean he will be let back in. Why? Because he has basically served a two year suspension. His career is over anyway, so what's the harm. Watch, TT will trade for him....eeeeeeeeeekk!

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Would be nice to see him crack the whip on Owens if he styarts pulling his shanagans again this season.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Would be nice to see him crack the whip on Owens if he styarts pulling his shanagans again this season.

Thing is, his bullshit isn't normally against the law....just common sense......

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
The sharpie thing and spiking the ball on the star isn't against the law but it doesn't put the league in a positive view. I think they are going to be super strict for the next couple of years because the NFL has taken a hit and they want to clean up their act.

hurleyfan
04-11-2007, 08:58 PM

But Robinson was already suspended for his screw ups... Can they get him again?

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
As was already posted, Williams will be a good measuring stick for Koren.

HarveyWallbangers
04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I can't see Robinson getting suspended for any longer than a year. He's already getting what Pacman is getting and more than Henry, and they have more blemishes on their record (not necessarily convictions, but numerous brushes with the law).

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Koren has an addiction, PacMan is a dink. Both are serious but pacman seems to be worse but maybe it's my green and gold glasses getting in the way.

KYPack
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Former Steeler, now Dolphin LB Joey Porter if facing suspension for his assault on Bengals LT Levi Jones in Las Vegas earlier this year.

Porter played off the assault as a fight. It turns out Porter assembled five other thugs to jump Jones in front of dozens of witnesses.

Porter will probably get a couple games for his actions.

Porter has a big mouth and doesn't always back it up. See Super Bowl XL for big Walter Jones' public depantsing of Porter in front of a few hundred million people.

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Porter will probably get a couple games for his actions.

I wouldn't count on that. Jones and Henry took off-the-field issues to a whole new level. I don't expect every guy who has a minor incident to get game suspensions.

MJZiggy
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Goodell's not messing around!...I like it.

MadtownPacker
04-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Ahman gets sick of the Texans OLine and decided to take it out on his wife.... :twisted:

MadScientist
04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
But Robinson was already suspended for his screw ups... Can they get him again?

I think drug related suspensions fall under the collective bargaining agreement so he can't get more.

lod01
04-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Tank Johnson 1st. Good for us.

Followed by Joey Porter.

MadtownPacker
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Yup, tank should get a year too. Any gun offense should be heavily penalized.