PDA

View Full Version : Moss not attending Oakland's OTA

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Just thought I would mention it even though I don't see him being a Packer but he will be moved sometime around draft day.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Just thought I would mention it even though I don't see him being a Packer but he will be moved sometime around draft day.

I understand all the other factors but not attending an OTA certainly doesn't make that any more probable. He never attends those, at least he didn't in Minnesota. Plus, a hefty percentage of players don't league wide.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Agree but this is just another thing the Raiders don't need when you have a new head coach and the guy your dealing with has stated numerous times that he would like to move on. I think they draft CJ and trade moss.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Agree but this is just another thing the Raiders don't need when you have a new head coach and the guy your dealing with has stated numerous times that he would like to move on. I think they draft CJ and trade moss.

True, but guys like Woodson and Harris didn't show up for their new coach last year.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
They weren't quiting the year before on plays for their respective teams and laughing at mistakes that their fellow players made. I hope you really don't try to compare Moss to Harris/Woodson.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
They weren't quiting the year before on plays for their respective teams and laughing at mistakes that their fellow players made. I hope you really don't try to compare Moss to Harris/Woodson.

Sorry Bulldog, but it was Porter laughing not Moss. And Moss has quit on teams regularly since his 2nd and 3rd year so big shock there.

I wasn't comparing them per se, just you seemed to say first year coach equals must go to OTA's....not at all true.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
That wasn't my point about first year coaches in regards to players attending OTA's. Moss din't look at all interested in 06 and his numbers show that. His cap number is high but they don't owe him a penny till the season begins but my bet is that they still move him during the draft.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Porter did that as you stated Moss was real openly critical of Shell as he stated during his smoothie interviews.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Porter did that as you stated Moss was real openly critical of Shell as he stated during his smoothie interviews.

Hey, I agree the guy is a total pain in the Raiders arse.

ND72
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Moss didn't attend the Raiders OTA's last season either..by the way.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Many established vets don't but in regards to Randy, there might be a bit more to this than just working out on your own.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Many established vets don't but in regards to Randy, there might be a bit more to this than just working out on your own.

I would agree but for the fact he does it EVERY year.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll stick with my hunch here in regards to Moss and the Raiders.

Rastak
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I'll stick with my hunch here in regards to Moss and the Raiders.

I would agree that they may indeed deal him for the many reasons they have for doing so......missing all OTA's isn't a factor since it's his MO anyway.

b bulldog
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I never said this was the reason why they would trade him. This is just another one of the things that a team who has huge concerns about a player doesn't need to keep dealing with.

privatepacker
04-12-2007, 07:44 AM
I hate to add to the Randy Moss issues but here is what I think, not that its worth much, Moss will be moved during the draft if:

The Raiders pick CJ then expect Moss to go before the 2nd round selections start

If the Raiders take Russell, then maybe they will wait until June to move him.

Either way doubt if Moss is wearing silver and black this year.

gbgary
04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
btw...what the hell does OTA stand for? i know it's mini-camp but i never heard/saw this unil last year. i've never heard it uttered on espn or on any dallas cowboy report ever (i live in dallas). :oops:

retailguy
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
btw...what the hell does OTA stand for? i know it's mini-camp but i never heard/saw this unil last year. i've never heard it uttered on espn or on any dallas cowboy report ever (i live in dallas). :oops:

OTA - Organized Team Activity....

That'll be $50. You can send it to me via paypal... :P

gbgary
04-13-2007, 09:15 PM

OTA - Organized Team Activity....

That'll be $50. You can send it to me via paypal... :P

Organized Team Activity? damn....who came up with that? mini-camp is a lot simpler.

oh, almost forgot...it's in the mail.

thanks!

ND72
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Organized Team Activity? damn....who came up with that? mini-camp is a lot simpler.
!

Because mini camps are usually maniditory....and, orgainized team activities, don't ahve to be practices, if they play basketball as a team, that's a team activity. the edgar bennett bowling night is an OTA. oh, and "supposedly" no offensive or defensive plays can be ran during these anymore, just drill work.

esoxx
04-14-2007, 01:18 AM
YAWN